MTV World Stage in Theaters

greenbear

I'm glad to read that people had so much fun while watching this in cinemas :happy: I'm pretty excited about this too! It's gonna be here on December 7th and I'm going to see it with my girlfriend, I booked the tickets today :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw it yesterday and it was pretty awesome =) I was with a fellow-Green Day lover so we had a great time. It was pretty hard not to scream along with all the song and stay in my chair xD and yeah, the cutting was awful.. JoS.. no KFAD.. no WMUWSE.. no HAR.. ugh.. kinda missed that..

But damn.. during the piano part of Jason F during ehm.. 21 guns it was I think, I almost cried.. just.. so beautiful. Really miss them now =( I'm hoping so badly I'm gonna see them again sometime..

Guest alright123

Saw it yesterday and it was pretty awesome =) I was with a fellow-Green Day lover so we had a great time. It was pretty hard not to scream along with all the song and stay in my chair xD and yeah, the cutting was awful.. JoS.. no KFAD.. no WMUWSE.. no HAR.. ugh.. kinda missed that..

But damn.. during the piano part of Jason F during ehm.. 21 guns it was I think, I almost cried.. just.. so beautiful. Really miss them now =( I'm hoping so badly I'm gonna see them again sometime..

yeahs it was so great.. but the cutting jesus fucking christ.. in the end i felt like MTV just wanted to take alot of money from this by putting in theatre..

but still was fucking awesome seeing it on such a huge screen!

yeahs it was so great.. but the cutting jesus fucking christ.. in the end i felt like MTV just wanted to take alot of money from this by putting in theatre..

but still was fucking awesome seeing it on such a huge screen!

I knew they cut JOS.. but the reaction from the rest of the people there was so funny. Everyone was like "WHAT THE.. WHERE'S THE REST OMG?! SHIT!" And I think you also heard one of girls near me screaming "Dearly beloved are you listening".. right? :lol: :lol:

I knew they cut JOS.. but the reaction from the rest of the people there was so funny. Everyone was like "WHAT THE.. WHERE'S THE REST OMG?! SHIT!" And I think you also heard one of girls near me screaming "Dearly beloved are you listening".. right? :lol: :lol:

Haha, yeah. Everyone started booing :lol: Or well, a bunch of people did and you could definitely head disapproving mumbles throughout the place :lol:

Did they lower the volume in the middle of 21stCB or some other early song and made it louder later, or was that just a mistake from the crew in Den Haag? It was funny how when it was set lower everyone was like 'what the fuck. LOUDER!' and everyone was cheering when they made it louder :lol:

Did they lower the volume in the middle of 21stCB or some other early song and made it louder later, or was that just a mistake from the crew in Den Haag? It was funny how when it was set lower everyone was like 'what the fuck. LOUDER!' and everyone was cheering when they made it louder :lol:

No, I don't think they lowered the volume at one point.. It was the same throughout the whole movie. Tbh, I was kinda disappointed when 21st Century Breakdown began, and you hear the first drumming parts, like right before the "ooooohhh" and the fireworks going off. The sound wasn't like I expected it to be.. not as loud, I missed more bass sounds, if you know what I mean (I don't even think I know what I mean myself, lol).. I just expected it to be more surround sound or so. But when they played KYE and the rest of the songs, it sounded much better. :happy:

No, I don't think they lowered the volume at one point.. It was the same throughout the whole movie. Tbh, I was kinda disappointed when 21st Century Breakdown began, and you hear the first drumming parts, like right before the "ooooohhh" and the fireworks going off. The sound wasn't like I expected it to be.. not as loud, I missed more bass sounds, if you know what I mean (I don't even think I know what I mean myself, lol).. I just expected it to be more surround sound or so. But when they played KYE and the rest of the songs, it sounded much better. :happy:

Ah, okay. Then it was just the cinema being stupid, haha.

Hmm, I didn't notice that. But idk.

I loved how at some points it really seemed as if you were in the crowd, regarding the sound. You heard the cheering and hey-oh all around you (and I knew it wasn't the people in the cinema doing it, haha).

I loved how at some points it really seemed as if you were in the crowd, regarding the sound. You heard the cheering and hey-oh all around you (and I knew it wasn't the people in the cinema doing it, haha).

I know right! There were so many moments I was looking around, cause it sounded like everyone was clapping/singing along/doing the hey ohs.. but it was just the crowd in the movie.

Me and the kid beside me (who also got saved during EJN in Dublin this summer) kept singing along for a while too. Musical protest!

Noo they did that at Arena too! Well at least, I remember during WICA me and my friend looked at eachother like 'what why is it softer?' and then when they got to, I don't know I think it was 21 guns it was like 'hey it's loud again!' :D

That was the most psychological confusing experience I've ever had because I didn't know how to act the entire time xD Like 'do I sing? do I dance? Can I clap along and do the hey-ho's?' so confusing. In the end me and my friend just quietly sang along and bopped our heads and moved around a lot in our chair :P It was cool, because another girl I haven't known for a long time yet appearantly is a huge fan too so she obviously was there too and we were all in the same row going all crazy while sitting down. Must've looked funny :P I wasn't sure how the rest of the audience was doing because I was too busy watching the screen but there were a group of girls screaming half of the time and every time Billie Joe did something ::) (I think you were next to them, Katarina) I was a bit disappointed at how they cut JOS and how short is was. The cinema said it'd be from 9pm-10:45pm but it was actually only till 10:15pm. :( Ah well apart from that it was awesome. I saw all these things I never noticed at the gigs I was (like the short movies they were playing during Holiday and other songs) and I had my few fangirl moments, like when they had this big close-up on Billie's gorgeous green eyes :wub: And most of all it was just like popping in a cd in the cinema soundsystem in stead of my own regular cd player. (which is already better as most cd players)

OMG guys, they're showing it in Czech Rep. :woot: :woot: :woot: I'M SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW OMG sfhdvkjqc

I totally stopped following this thread and the site and everything because I thought they're not gonna show it here anyway and now my mum called that it's going to be in a cinema that's close to where I live, on the 2nd December...I'll probably have to skip a day of school because of it but she seemed okay with it :D haha I'm sorry for this post it just made me sooo happy now :lol:

OMG guys, they're showing it in Czech Rep. :woot: :woot: :woot: I'M SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW OMG sfhdvkjqc

I totally stopped following this thread and the site and everything because I thought they're not gonna show it here anyway and now my mum called that it's going to be in a cinema that's close to where I live, on the 2nd December...I'll probably have to skip a day of school because of it but she seemed okay with it :D haha I'm sorry for this post it just made me sooo happy now :lol:

That's great! I'm happy to see people so excited about this :happy: Well of course, it's great!

wow, thats awesome !!

I'm really happy for you!!! :D

That's awesome! :woot: I'm happy for you they will show it in your country after all! I still have hope for Italy, but they have to announce it very soon, since it's almost December already.

People in France are watching the movie right now, yay.

Woo, that's great! :woot:

I still hate my mom for not letting me go just cause she didnt want to drive me :dry:

fuck my village for being seperated from any civilization :dry:

Thank youu guys for being excited with me :D

That's awesome! :woot: I'm happy for you they will show it in your country after all! I still have hope for Italy, but they have to announce it very soon, since it's almost December already.

People in France are watching the movie right now, yay.

Yes, I wanted to ask if there are any news for Italy or some other countries (Sweden? I think...) because I totally stopped following this thread...

But now when they announced it here, I think there's still a chance for others =)

Congrats on the poster :happy:

I've been meaning to post this ever since the evening itself, but I kept forgetting. I found it very funny how my train home from this departed at 10:39pm.

(I mentioned that to the person I went with. He's a Green Day fan as well. This is how it went, roughly.

"Haha, that's definitely a nice departure time"

"Yeah, we only have to wait for a couple of minutes"

"No, I mean like, the time itself"

"What?"

"What time does the train leave?"

"Umm... 9 minutes after half 10" (this sounds better in Dutch)

"And what time is that in am/pm time?"

"Ummm...."

"10:39"

"Yes. 10:39. And?"

"10:39... 1039"

"yeahh.....?"

"Album? First album"

"Uhmmm"

"Green Day. Their first album"

"uhuh....."

"1039. 1039/SOSH?"

"Ooooooohhh!"

I suppose I have to get used to the fact that not all Green Day fans have a bell ringing in their heads when seeing the number 1039 (let alone seeing 22:39) :lol:)

Tomorrow I'll be getting out of the cinema :woot: can't waait... :happy:

I hope you'll have a great time :woot:

I definitely had a great time! :happy: Even if it was just 10% of the feeling that you get at a real Green Day show, all I can think about now is - I love love love love LOVE this band. Their concerts are so incredible and I will do anything to go to as many of them as I can. And I don't care what others think. The people did not surprise me...Seriously the cinema was almost half-empty :dry: There were a few people who were at a real show in the summer and they were singing quietly with me and with Billie, all the 'heey oohs' :D It was horrible to just sit and do nothing when Billie said 'stand up' so many times :lol: Me and my friend started clapping after a few songs but no one really joined us :-/ It was soooo short...when they cut JOS in half and went straight into Time of your life, I was like what, what? this can't be the end...I also asked the staff about the huge posters for the event, but they were like 'We have to send them back' or whatever...they should've given me one :P

Anyway, just wanted to point out that

hello there post-gig depression coming back.

:wub:

:wub:

We finally got to see the movie in Finland yesterday and it was awesome :banana: I was really disappointed when they cut off half of JOS (seriously, wtf) but other than that it was brilliant. The audience was a bit lame but me and my friends got completely crazy, singing and shouting the whole time :lol: It was fun. I want to see it again.

We finally got to see the movie in Finland yesterday and it was awesome :banana: I was really disappointed when they cut off half of JOS (seriously, wtf) but other than that it was brilliant. The audience was a bit lame but me and my friends got completely crazy, singing and shouting the whole time :lol: It was fun. I want to see it again.

Yay, great! Yeah, cutting JOS in half (that sounds weird, ahaha) was a really stupid idea. But great you had fun! :happy:

You know what I'd like.. to see Heart Like a Hand Grenade in the cinema. If only..

Archived