MTV World Stage in Theaters

greenbear

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for this video!! I love the opening part, Billie acapella :wub: I wish I could turn back time by one week :( Everyone who's going tonight HAVE FUN!

going to watch it tonite in amsterdam.. should be awesome!

Me too! :D Can't wait!

And I finally saw that MTV ad today. OMG, I laughed so hard when they said "Billie Joe Armstrong.. Mike Dirnt." XD They pronounced the "i" like you do in "(to) live".. it sounded so weird, ahaha.

Guest alright123

And I finally saw that MTV ad today. OMG, I laughed so hard when they said "Billie Joe Armstrong.. Mike Dirnt." XD They pronounced the "i" like you do in "(to) live".. it sounded so weird, ahaha.

its going to be so awesome.

The Minority video is sick, thanks for posting. Love the a capella version before he starts playing the guitar :)

sorry for being dense but is this movie that is being shown in theaters the same mtv world stage munich concert that is being shown on TV here in the USA?

sorry for being dense but is this movie that is being shown in theaters the same mtv world stage munich concert that is being shown on TV here in the USA?

It's that plus some extra songs.

Tonight! :dance:

well, if I'm going to actually get there... I can't reach the person I'm going with to make concrete plans on when to leave. Don't have his number and he hasn't responded at fb yet. Shit :lol:

Also, it's an All Ages show here. There

Yes, you finally saw it! :D:lol:

I still haven't seen this infamous ad! Link anyone?

I don't think it's online anywhere :(

I might randomly record an hour worth of MTV and hope the ad's in there, but I doubt it.

Gahh, it's been a week! I wish this wasn't an one night only thing so I could see it more times :(

I hope who's going tonight has lots of fun :)

Awesome! So great! :woot:

The people were kinda lame (when during American Idiot a couple of people including Marienelle and me stood up, people were like "sit down! I can't see anything!"), practically no one was even bobbing their heads. Later on it warmed up more, people going along with the hey-ohs and stuff, but I can't say it was the most active group of people. I had to contain myself constantly from not jumping up and out of my chair :lol:

For the rest... amazing. It's so great seeing them on such a huge screen with surround sound and all.... hello there post-gig depression coming back.

:wub:

Just came back from seeing Green Day in the cinema. IT WAS FINKIN AWESOME! :woot: :woot: But first:

- Why didn't they include AWTW, I missed it, cause now it went straight into St. Jimmy, which btw, doesn't even get shown till the last line. Unfortunately, no "And don't you fucking wear it out.."

- They cut the whole covers thing out between WICA and Brain Stew.. too bad. And also the whole tp-gun and t shirt shooting thing before Jaded.. oh well.

- I really missed Hitchin' a Ride, King for a Day/Shout and WMUWSE!

- And WHY, why did they have to cut JOS, so we only saw the first part, and it stops right before (the best parts) Dearly Beloved. The movie was only about 80 minutes (less I think) long, so I don't see why they had to cut so much off the song(s).

But all of that aside, I LOVED it to see Green Day in the cinema, instead of seeing them live at an actual show! It was interesting to sit the whole time, not having front row and sitting at the back for once (haha). A real show is way better of course, but it was nice to just sit and enjoy a good recording of the guys playing live. More things to notice as well, cause of all the cameras giving you different views. I quietly sang along to a few of the songs, did the hey-ohs sometimes, and the clapping as well. Ah, it was just really great. I kinda feel like I've been to a Green Day show again.. now I have a bit of my post-gig-depression back, lol. CAN'T WAIT till next year, to see how the live album/DVD turned out. They better did an amazing job editing and putting together songs from the whole tour. It might top the editing of this film, but getting to see Green Day in the cinema is an experience I'll most likely never have again. :happy:

Edit: oh, and the whole thing was almost sold out! I think I've only seen like 10 empty seats, so there must've been.. what.. 200-250 people there? And one annoying thing about the people was that I was sitting next to girls younger than me, and they were literally screaming before and after every song, and screaming along to songs like.. how surprising.. KYE, Basket Case, AI, 21 Guns.. and the worst, BOBD. I almost couldn't hear Billie sing cause of them. But it was great to see them look at me when I was singing along to Jaded, She, When I Come Around, St. Jimmy etc. ahaha, they were like "this song.. lyrics.. idk". Other than that, the crowd was pretty lame. During KYE like 8 people, including me, started clapping, but it ended really soon. Everyone (most of them I think anyway) was just sitting, while I was pretty much bobbing my head all the time, and trying not to go too crazy while still sitting in my chair.

I just came home, it was really awesome! :woot: I'm not in the mood to write a long review xD

Ew at Billie drooling during The Static Age though :lol:

And I didn't like it that they cut JOS! I love that song..

Aw yeah, the editing of JOS was just awful. The people did react to that. But it really was a shitty cut. It cut later than I'd expected, so I was like "YES maybe they'll do the entire of JOS :D" and then it just stopped and went right into Good Riddance.

Also, halfway through 21stCB they suddenly lowered the volume, and everyone went all "louder!", and they eventually did so, I think during KYE or EJN or something.

I hope I wasn't too annoying to the people there. In the end I kind of went a little wild in the "WOOOO" and clapping and fist pumping and bouncing in my seat (I literally started bouncing during I Don't Care...) :lol:

Most of the time only like 10 people or something were clapping, only like two or three times it was most of the people clapping. And the hey-ohs weren't exactly loud either. And the "AMEN" in Holiday was just like, what the hell people at least shout along with that.

Ohhh and another thing that was really funny, two rows down there were three or four like, 16-20 year old guys and at some point they started a mosh pit while in their seats, just jumping all over and on top of each other, it was hilarious :lol:

Ew at Billie drooling during The Static Age though :lol:

lol, I didn't notice that.

The Static Age is so great live :wub: So energetic, and the message and yeah...

Oh, and I remember that, when Good Riddance ended, almost everyone started clapping. That was the only time I really felt like part of a crowd at a show :lol::wub:

Aw yeah, the Static Age is so good live. I wish they played it live more. (I hope they put one of the versions on the live record!)

Aw damn, I forgot to ask for a poster.

Me too. I think I'm going to email them again. Which one did you email to last time? Cause I never got a reply..

Did you enjoy the nice shot of Billie's ass at the end of Jaded? :eyebrow:

Me too. I think I'm going to email them again. Which one did you email to last time? Cause I never got a reply..

De klantenservice van de bios waar ik heen ging (Buitenhof).

Hairy! :lol:

Oh yes. I was waiting the whole time for Jaded to end. :eyebrow:

Archived