MTV World Stage in Theaters

greenbear

Apparently they used some guys artwork without his permission, and thats why they didnt use in at the live shows towards the end of the tour too

:o I never knew that was the reason! That makes so much more sense now.

It's really interesting to read everyone's experiences, although I'm disappointed the see they've cut JOS because Dearly Beloved is my favourite part of the song. :(

It still sounds pretty amazing, though.

Yeah, same here, it's just now the same unless you hear the whole song =/

Was I the only one who really enjoyed St. Jimmy on the big screen? :eyebrow:

:eyebrow: Especially the start where you turned to me and said "boner!"

:lol:

Overall I though it was alright, but a bit meh. I think it would've enjoyed it more if I hadn't lready seen most of it on tv, it was abit too familiar. I loved seeing Brain Stew, Jaded and She in it, I didn't think they'd leave those in :happy:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but it was a cinema so... I dunno I didn't feel like rocking out. ^^

I couldn't just sit there and do nothing, Green Day makes me rock out

I was in a theater in a town called "Memmingen". It was pretty empty. But the sound and the quality of the movie were amazing! Couldn't stop smiling. I think I saw myself twice "flying" through the moshpit :runaround:

But I found it lame that they cut so many songs out, imncluding half of JOS... =/

:eyebrow: Especially the start where you turned to me and said "boner!"

:lol:

:lol: Good times.

Beside his mom

I was right behind him! What a small world :woot:

what i kinda like about the JOS incident is the image in my head of so many Green Day fans all over Europe having a huge WTF-moment at exactly the same time

hahaha i didnt ever think about this but its so true! worth +1

I cant believe they cut some amaaaazing songs out :pinch:

like wake me up when september ends etc ...

they cut those out, but they didnt cut jaded out?

i mean yeah sure that one's like REALLY short but you get the point..

no offense to "Jaded" :ninja:

I cant believe they cut some amaaaazing songs out :pinch:

like wmuwse, last night on earth, are we the waiting.. :(

they cut those out, but they didnt cut jaded out?

i mean yeah sure that one's like REALLY short but you get the point..

no offense to "Jaded" :ninja:

I'm actually so glad they left Jaded in! Prove to the teeny fangirls who only know BOBD that Green Day really are a punk band.

And I'm so pissed about JoS being cut short. They played most of it, surely the last 2-3 mins wouldn't have bankrupted the cinema?!

I'm actually so glad they left Jaded in! Prove to the teeny fangirls who only know BOBD that Green Day really are a punk band.

yeah, thats right !

but BOBD was actually the only song where i heard people mumbling a bit.

This. Fuck Are We The Waiting, Last Night On Earth and this stuff.

I'm starting to think that I might also be one of those people who just sits and enjoys, haha.

And I'm so pissed about JoS being cut short. They played most of it, surely the last 2-3 mins wouldn't have bankrupted the cinema?!

If they cut it off before Dearly Beloved, wouldn't they have played only like three-three and a half minutes of the song? Or did they play more of it where you went? Sorry for the stupidness of this post, but I'm holding on to any hope of a longer JOS :lol:

I loved it, I spent most of the film watching out for Freese and his toothpicks :lol: The smug look Billie had after his falsetto in Brain Stew was fucking hilarious.

I didn't get home until 2.30, I fell asleep in chemistry the next morning :rolleyes:

[quote name='Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love' timestamp='1290010387' post='4208315'

If they cut it off before Dearly Beloved, wouldn't they have played only like three-three and a half minutes of the song? Or did they play more of it where you went? Sorry for the stupidness of this post, but I'm holding on to any hope of a longer JOS :lol:

:wub: :wub: omg remember when Billie mooned in Jaded? That was hilarious, I was trying to keep it in during the whole song especially when he started break-dancing :lol:

:lol: Me too, I'm so glad they kept the break dancing in :')

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams was awesome!

But I didn't like the event so much. The cinema just isn't the right medium to watch a concert.

And the sound sucked at our cinema, It was asynchronous(back and front) and WAY too quiet.

Don't want to be the bringer of bad news but yeah they cut it off for most places it seems. Just after the guitar fades out from I Don't Care, and before the bass line from Dearly Beloved kicks in the cut straight to Good Riddance. I kept singing Dearly Beloved anyway :lol:

Aw, that's a pity. Oh well.

I don't like that it's so much more expensive than a normal ticket, yet it's much, much shorter than most movies. Hell, even the Harry Potter movies are cheaper and those are like 2.5 hours long. (Well, I have to admit I don't know how much HP is in Pathé, but still... where I usually go the the movies, HP is €8 or €10, something like that, and this was €12.50)

(Well, I have to admit I don't know how much HP is in Pathé, but still... where I usually go the the movies, HP is €8 or €10, something like that, and this was €12.50)

:o Do you have to pay more for certain movies?

I already miss this :cry: I felt so happy when I got home on Monday... I wish I could see this every day.

I lav'd it. Was a tad short for the price, tho.

it´s really weird :unsure: I don´t understand, why they didn´t make the film at least 10-20 min longer

:o Do you have to pay more for certain movies?

Yeah, if they're very long, or something.

And they know they can pull it off for Harry Potter, people will go anyway regardless of a higher price.

:lol: Me too, I'm so glad they kept the break dancing in :')

haha :lol: Yeah it was so awesome :lol: I thought I was going to die if they didn't end the song soon so I could laugh xD

I got the feeling I'm the only one in this thread who didn't have the urge to stand up and rock out. :lol:

I didn't either, I was just enjoying sitting down and eating my weight in popcorn :D

I didn't either, I was just enjoying sitting down and eating my weight in popcorn :D

Oh gosh.. popcorn. *drools*

The only thing that pissed me off is that the editing was wank. they totally butchered JOS. But it was good to see them live again <3

I was so glad they showed that CLOSE UP to Billie's ass.. That was totally unexpected. :banana:

haha

I am kind of sad I didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to during WICA, She and Basket case, Brain Stew, Jaded..(well almost half of the concert) . My bladder was about to explode, and I didn't want to miss those songs that didn't air on mtv.

grr

Archived