MTV World Stage in Theaters

greenbear

There were 5 people at the cinema where I went. I wish it had been full.

I was on the last row, so I was able to mosh the chairs, get up, clap and sing-along. Great times!! :dance:

Apart from the MTV bullshit of cutting songs (especially JOS), I loved it, very well filmed and the sound was AMAZING. All the memories and emotions from Green Day's live gigs came back like a flood, it was very very special. :wub:

I'm grateful to have been able to have the experience. We're pretty spoiled as fans. There aren't too many bands out there that have their concerts shown at the cinema, as well as having their own video game, and their own musical all on top of being the best live band on the planet who perform for over three hours at nearly every gig during tours which last well over a year. Thanks for a good time guys.

Indeed!! :wub:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night was amazing :D

The cinema I was at was less than half full, but I met Olivia, so all's good :D

I'm back!!! I wasn't going do this because I am exhausted but who cares :DOmg...I cannot believe I just saw that it was amazing!!! The sound was just totally blasting out and the images wow, it was unbelievable to see at the cinema :D :DI was glad that none of it was censored (well it was a 15 here) but JOS did piss me off a bit, where was the rest of it?? And they cut Billie presenting Mike, Jason, Jason & Jeff. All they had was "and Tre Cool on drums!!" and no wmuwse. But 21 Guns was perfection, welled up a little, it's just that damn piano solo.Most of all the best thing about tonight was meeting Laura (Laurawr_xD) and her friend Betb. My very first GDC meeting!!! and with a Hugathon buddy too <333 Finally we got to carry out the Hugathon :wub:

:D:wub:

LOL 5 people at the cinema.

But I loved it very much <3 Seeing GD in the cinema was something I had never even dreamed of!

I hate how I had to go to the bathroom during 21 Guns. But I was very fast, and could still hear the music in the bathroom :lol:

I already knew the cinema would be empty. It was not advertised at all here. :sleep: But oh well, I still loved it. :wub:

In Malta it was the same as everywhere else. 20 people in the whole cinema quiet....exept for me and my friend singing along loudly lol.

It was AWSOME!!! Except of course JOS.....I was furious when they stopped it!

It's really interesting to read everyone's experiences, although I'm disappointed the see they've cut JOS because Dearly Beloved is my favourite part of the song. :(

It still sounds pretty amazing, though.

oh and there was a guy who "introduced" the movie before it started and he said that it's 2 hours long and contains some extra interviews with the band that was never seen before. I don't know what was he talking about but there was no single interview and it lasted 1 and half hour

what a retard :dry:

I guess it was just like that for everyone else, or?

What? :pinch: He maybe thought that was Bullet in a Bible :lol:

No, we had no moderator, not even commercials before the film, it just started and that was great

what i kinda like about the JOS incident is the image in my head of so many Green Day fans all over Europe having a huge WTF-moment at exactly the same time

I hate it how they have cut JoS. But also it was a fucking awesome event. To see the guys on big screen was a great feeling! <3 <3

[spoiler/Was I the only one who really enjoyed St. Jimmy on the big screen? :eyebrow:

I thought it was great, but definitely had room for improvement (like, say, actually putting in all of JOS :) ). Didn't like the way so many bits were cut out. But hey, it was really cool seeing them on the big screen. :D

I didn't really sing or anything, I just kinda hummed to myself. :lol:

This was brillantly weird! Brillant to see GD on a huge screen, but weird not actually being there! :happy: I was surprised at how full the cinema I went to was-probably about half full. It was weird not standing at a GD gig, and not jumping around either. I would of totally been up for it, but the rest of the people didn't seem to be. My bum was totally hovering an inch in my chair when it started, before I was restrained from standing. It was so hard staying in my seat! I actually had to sit on my hands at times to stop myself waving them around! ;) However I couldn't stop myself nodding my head around like a nutter and stomping my feet! I was also singing along-not to loud to be a nuisance, but I was enjoying myself! The editing of the songs was annoying-why it cut it short?! However the camera angles were cool, swooping over the heads of GD and giving us a different viewpoint. It was also interesting to notice things you just don't normally have eye's for at the gigs! There was definate pro's and con's to this sort of thing-and on the whole I'm never going to turn down the chance of seeing GD when I get it!! :P

This was actually really good! The cinema here was totally empty but I was kind of expecting that because nobody seems to like GD in Nottingham. There were only about 20 people there at the most and when we first got there we were the only ones, it was so weird being in a completely empty cinema. I was dying to stand up and start rocking out but there were these girls directly behind us so I felt too awkward. We clapped and sang along a few times but everyone else was so motionless I was just embarassed!

It was a very different experience. When it first started it was almost like being at a real concert! It was a shame about the bad crowd and empty cinema but it was very good apart from when they randomly cut the songs off (particularly JOS). It was really cool to see a concert so close up and from different angles like that, I'm not sure how to describe it.

I would of totally been up for it, but the rest of the people didn't seem to be. My bum was totally hovering an inch in my chair when it started, before I was restrained from standing. It was so hard staying in my seat! I actually had to sit on my hands at times to stop myself waving them around! ;) However I couldn't stop myself nodding my head around like a nutter and stomping my feet!

Haha oh me too, that's exactly how I felt!

Last night was amazing :D

The cinema I was at was less than half full, but I met Olivia, so all's good :D

:D:wub:

:wub: :wub: omg remember when Billie mooned in Jaded? That was hilarious, I was trying to keep it in during the whole song especially when he started break-dancing :lol:

i think i got post gig depression :(

:cry:

I actually feel really good right now...! Post gig excitement I think.

But I'm already starting to miss the guys though. Even though I only just saw them on a screen. It's a weird and complicated feeling.

I'm seeing it on Sunday and I'm totally freaking out :D

It will be the closest I ever was to a Green Day concert :D

Went to see this last night and it was frikin EPIC!!!!! it was like seeing the live again!!! shame theycut a bit of JOS ahh well edlease i went to see it!!!!! :runaround::lol:

I got the feeling I'm the only one in this thread who didn't have the urge to stand up and rock out. :lol:

I got the feeling I'm the only one in this thread who didn't have the urge to stand up and rock out. :lol:

I didn't stand up too but I rocked out on my seat :D

I didn't stand up too but I rocked out on my seat :D

Yeah but it was a cinema so... I dunno I didn't feel like rocking out. ^^

I enjoyed it a lot - was a great experience to have even if it wasn't perfect. The only really inexcusable part was JOS. It was hard to sit still and not move/make noise.

Best audience member prize at Dundrum goes to Jamie (saved during EJN at Marley Park). He was amazing - had more enthusiasm than half the rest of the cinema put together!

me neither, so you're definitely not the only one :)

I enjoyed it a lot - was a great experience to have even if it wasn't perfect. The only really inexcusable part was JOS. It was hard to sit still and not move/make noise.

Best audience member prize at Dundrum goes to Jamie (saved during EJN at Marley Park). He was amazing - had more enthusiasm than half the rest of the cinema put together!

True, he was brilliant! :lol: Where about's where you in the cinema?

You're not :thumbsup:

Archived