MTV World Stage in Theaters

greenbear

It was excellent and I'm so glad I went.

Nothing beats seeing Billie's bare ass in its full HD, surround sound, large screen glory! :D

Shame about JOS though :(

Oh,and no one was singing either.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You gotta love the dance! :D

I just remembered something: What the hell does Billie do in, I think it was Brain Stew, when he went really high with his voice, when he was supposed to go down. It sounded really awesome! He was so proud of himself :D

Yeah when he sings skull on brain stew. I've seen him do that a few times on Brain Stew performances. I love it :D

Oh,and no one was singing either.

:(

Well, it is the cinema and you're not allowed to make noise during films or whatever.

But regardless, I sang. :D

I just remembered something: What the hell does Billie do in, I think it was Brain Stew, when he went really high with his voice, when he was supposed to go down. It sounded really awesome! He was so proud of himself :D

You mean the "Dried up and bulging out my skull.." part? Idk if it's the same with this performance, but Billie sang the last part of that line with his high voice/falsetto voice/whatever you call it at Pinkpop, and at most of the other shows of this tour. I love the way he sings that! :D

Nice to read what all you guys thought of the movie. So the crowds were lame, except for you guys that sang along, clapped, and were doing the hey ohs.

This made me think of something: this is exactly why concert movies like these, should be available to GDCers only. Now that would have been an awesome experience. Cause then everyone watching the movie would sing along etc. haha.

I'd be the only one there :D but I do think they should have at least advertised it a little bit. I mean come on! The only way I knew about it was cause I'm on here.

Caps key fixed :thumbsup:

i hope it goes to DVD, sucks for us the people in America. :cry:

I called like 5 theatres around my house and they had no clue what i was talking about!

They better not put this on DVD, since the editing is so bad, and it doesn't have the full show. They should just make the upcoming Live album/DVD amazing, with for example a full version of Jesus of Suburbia.. haha :happy:

It really wasnt anything that amazing, Of course it was good but I wouldn't want a dvd of it or anything. The editing was really bad and all the best bits were cut out :lol:

Oh and just to add the wall of death during AI to my highlights :D

Question: is JOS in the normal World Stage, like, the one they show on MTV?

I enjoyed this so much, well worth travelling so far for and going on my own :cool:

I just wish there hadn't been so many cuts, who the hell had the idea of stopping JoS half way through!? Or not including King for a Day? wtf. Or any of the songs they missed. I wish it could have been the whole thing so bad. But yeah, I still loved it, got chills at several parts when I just had to shut my eyes and imagine I was back at one of the shows :wub:

A bit of chaos at Liverpool. Odeon advertised it as a 12A, thus a lot of parents showed up with younger kids to watch the performance. However, the Odeon realised their mistake, it was actually a 15 for some weird reason, and after selling tickets to people refused the young ones entry so there was a lot of arguing. Felt sorry for those people.

The concert itself was enjoyable, I get too excited when I hear the intro to 21st CB, that feeling of anticipation is great! Some of the ediiting was shocking and I was just a bit like <_<, worst bit by far was the cut from JOS I was so unamused it was unbelievable. Oh well roll on a live dvd and their next album/tour :D

I personally was pretty disappointed by it. Editing was really poor, sound quality in the cinema I saw it at could have been better, and they left out waaay too many songs for my liking. Plus the atmosphere in my cinema was dead..

Hate to be such a grouch about it, but definitely not worth €12.50

The thing is this is an MTV thing. It is just a treat before the full live CD/DVD comes out :)

Question: is JOS in the normal World Stage, like, the one they show on MTV?

JOS wos not on TV.

I never did such a crazy thing... driving 750 km from Poland to Germany just to see 80 min of Green Day Show... :)

Green Day Live in Munich MTV World Stage (Cinema Version)

01. 21st Century Breakdown

02. Know Your Enemy

03. East Jesus Nowhere

04. Holiday

05. The Static Age

06. St. Jimmy

07. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

08. When I Come Around

09. Brain Stew

10. Jaded

11. Basket Case

12. She

13. 21 Guns

14. Minority

15. American Idiot

16. Jesus Of Suburbia

17. Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)

Green Day Live in Munich MTV World Stage (TV Version)

01. 21st Century Breakdown

02. Know Your Enemy

03. East Jesus Nowhere

04. Holiday

05. When I Come Around

06. Basket Case

07. 21 Guns

08. American Idiot

09. Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)

Some pix from my cell phone:

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

i'm back from the apollo, picadilly circus in london :) think there were like 15 people there or something! mouthed the words. tbh i'm glad people weren't singing along. it wouldve been so annoying when i went to hear billie's voice so luckily no one ruined it with that :)

It's a shame this wasn't promoted more on TV or something, so that more people knew about it.

The movie yesterday was good, something different, I never rocked out so much in a cinema! But the editing was bad: in Jesus of Suburbia the half was cut out, before St. Jimmy was no Are We The Waiting and at the end of St. Jimmy "And don't you fuckin' wear it out!" was cut out.

And Billie's ass was hairy! :eyebrow:

i'm back from the apollo, picadilly circus in london :) think there were like 15 people there or something! mouthed the words. tbh i'm glad people weren't singing along. it wouldve been so annoying when i went to hear billie's voice so luckily no one ruined it with that :)

I was in the cinema in Mannheim/Germany and there were many people. Almost the whole seats were full. And the movie was played so loud! Almost like a concert so nobody heard me singing and I screamed, clapped, head-banged, almost danced on my seat and rocked the shit out, that was so fun :lol: but I had the feeling that the others weren't doing the same except my cool girls I met there. Selin, I already met her at the Mainz concert, even wanted to do pogo in the front but the others didn't want and pogo with just 2 people is lame. :D

One sentence : Billie Joe's breakdancy / spinny thing during Jaded! :sherlock:

yeah I had to laugh so much :lol:

I'm surprised there was so few people at some events. When this was announced there were no screenings in my area (Glasgow). Then the Braehead cinema was added and I wasn't sure about going, so I emailed Cineworld to ask if it was showing (more convenient) and discovered it was, but the publicity wasn't great. My cinema was more or less full, given it was the second cinema in my city to show the event. Couldn't understand why just about everyone in the audience seemed to go to the toilet during the screening, it was only around 80 minutes for fuck sake!

I did enjoy this, the intro when Tre's drums come in is amazing, in fact the drums were excellent throughout. I did feel the sound quality (mix) wavered at times and the audience singing sometimes sounded too faint. I agree with everyone that JOS was butchered and Are we the waiting being left out felt strange. I also thought it was odd that Tre was the only band member introduced. Some great close ups of the band though for people that can't get to the front of an audience for the real concerts. It was also good that they filled most of the show with great songs and not the t-shirt firing and water guns etc.

I personally was pretty disappointed by it. Editing was really poor, sound quality in the cinema I saw it at could have been better, and they left out waaay too many songs for my liking. Plus the atmosphere in my cinema was dead..

Hate to be such a grouch about it, but definitely not worth €12.50

This. I was fuckng annoyed they cut out King for a Day, and absolutely livid when they skipped the end of JOS and went straight to Good Riddance. Plus the auidio in the cinema kept cutting out and turning down by itself. There were people talkng all the way through and there was one guy having a really loud argument with cinema staff at the back. Totally ruined the whole experience.

I spent so much money getting myself to a cinema that was actually showing it and now i can't help feeling like it wasn't really worth it.

Seeing GD in HD... fucking rocks. It's like standing front row, but only better. Except it's not real.

The crowd was totally lame, as I expected they would be. Sure, they clapped along, but that was basically it. I constantly had to fight the urge to stand up. I did sing along though. It was so fucking awesome. But all I really wanted was to be part of the crowd there, that night in Germany...

Also, Mtv's crappy editing blows. Cutting JOS short? Fuck no. Either play it as a whole or don't play it at all.

I was pretty psyched that they played St.Jimmy. And Jaded. If it wasn't already the case, BJ's ass is now permanently burned on my retinas. Lol.

Just got back...loved it a lot :D It was amazing!!

But...i didnt like how they cut JOS off and ending of St. Jimmy and the audience were hardly moving...but i was singing and tapping my foot throughout :P

Awesome experience overall :D

They played WMUWSE?? :o They didnt play it in our cinema :(

Nononono. I said they didn't lol and I was pissed off. You could tell at the end of good riddance when Billie ends it and then he goes "wake me up when september ends" but they cut that out :(

Archived