MTV World Stage in Theaters

greenbear

WHAT A BASTARDO. KNOW YOUR ENEMY, RIGHT?

RIGHT. WHAT A DICK. I bet he thought it was a film about enviroment or something. I really don't have any other explanations than that.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just came home. It was AWESOME! Loud and energetic. It was great to see it on the big screen.

I was little pissed of cause they cut Jesus Of Suburbia around 4:30 minutes :dry: , and some other parts of other songs, but overall, it was a great experience for sure :)

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT'S SO BAD ABOUT 'I'LL BE DRESSED UP IN MY SUNDAY BEST' BECAUSE THEY CENSORED THAT.

LOL SORRY GUYS CAPS KEY STUCK OR ACTUALLY AM I JUST SHOUTING IRL

off topic but this made me laugh and when I read it I was shouting it in my head!

back on topic...I'm Back!

there were probably 30 people in the cinema and like everyone esle says about 10 of them were really into it, if that, I felt like I was the only one singing and dancing. I don't understand how people can just sit and watch!

I felt stupid screaming THE JESUS OF SUBURBIA, i think i went a little over the top... :whistle

On a random note, The local music TV station is now playing BOBD... How much has that song changed during the courses of the tours?... I mean... It's really different live, it differs so much from the album version.

I'm pretty sure they've been playing it like they did in Munich all 21stCB tour. Starting out acoustic only, having the crowd sing instead of Billie, and later the rest of the band joins in. I suspect that that might even be influenced by the musical, as there BOBD also starts acoustic only, but that might just be a coincidence.

Or if you mean the different album tours... I'm guessing they played it like they did in BIAB all AI tour, but I don't know about that.

I'm back!!

1. I sang under my breath. I would have felt weird singing aloud. Especially seen as I was by myself. Tbh I enjoyed sitting there with my feet up, just watching it rather than shouting and jumping around. Actually there were about 20 of us in the cinema and no-one rocked out.

2. I cried. It just brought back memories of when I saw them and its made me miss it all over again.

3. I thought the concert was great! But pissed off with the songs they cut out, especially when they cut out Wake me up when september ends and JOS but the crowd in Munich seemed like a great crowd.

Oh god, I want to go back to Wembley. It was insane seeing the crowd from Billie's view and thinking I was at that barrier, how did I last? Haha.

I felt like I was the only one singing and dancing. I don't understand how people can just sit and watch!

I felt stupid screaming THE JESUS OF SUBURBIA, i think i went a little over the top... :whistle

Because it's a recording of a show in a cinema? It wasn't live.

I honestly would have felt weird singing how I did at the Green Day concert.

Just got back...loved it a lot :D It was amazing!!

But...i didnt like how they cut JOS off and ending of St. Jimmy and the audience were hardly moving...but i was singing and tapping my foot throughout :P

Awesome experience overall :D

I'm back!!

3. I thought the concert was great! But pissed off with the songs they cut out, especially when they cut out Wake me up when september ends and JOS but the crowd in Munich seemed like a great crowd.

They played WMUWSE?? :o They didnt play it in our cinema :(

ahhhh, it was so good. :)

not many people were into it but i was singing and dancing and probably annoyed most of the people in the theater haha, oh well. they cut out jesus of suburbia half way through, i carried on singing though.

Nice to read what all you guys thought of the movie. So the crowds were lame, except for you guys that sang along, clapped, and were doing the hey ohs.

This made me think of something: this is exactly why concert movies like these, should be available to GDCers only. Now that would have been an awesome experience. Cause then everyone watching the movie would sing along etc. haha.

And what the fuck. I don't know who did the editing, but from what I've read in this thread so far.. it sucks. Not showing Are we the Waiting, but showing St. Jimmy.. without the last line? And what. They only showed the part before Dearly Beloved of JOS? That song (actually every Green Day song tbh) shouldn't be edited at all! That's stupid. Oh well. At least they have Brain Stew/Jaded, and the movie isn't censored. And that they showed a close up of Billie's butt, ahahaha.

The Netherlands is up next. I, and most of the other Dutchies, will get to see the movie on November 22nd. Next week! Can't wait :D

I hope I won't be the only one who's singing along (quietly..) and is pretending to be at the show. We'll see..

The Netherlands is up next. I, and most of the other Dutchies, will get to see the movie on November 22nd. Next week! Can't wait :D

I hope I won't be the only one who's singing along and is pretending to be at the show. We'll see..

Have fun!! It was a great experience to see them more or less live again. It was kinda a good way to end the tour. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure they've been playing it like they did in Munich all 21stCB tour. Starting out acoustic only, having the crowd sing instead of Billie, and later the rest of the band joins in. I suspect that that might even be influenced by the musical, as there BOBD also starts acoustic only, but that might just be a coincidence.

Or if you mean the different album tours... I'm guessing they played it like they did in BIAB all AI tour, but I don't know about that.

I meant, the song has developed so much since the album version... You have the album version, which is solid, a really good song. But the song really got a life of its own... It has undergone so much subtle tweaks and changes in the past 6 years, (involved by BIAB, the musical and 21st Century Breakdown tour), but if you compare the live version of, for instance Munich, to the (now 6-year-old) album track, I really don't get the same feeling... it's not like any other song brought live, it's just... something special, something subtly different.

went to this in manchesterrrr, was amazing seeing them on the big screen <3

One complaint: Jesus of Suburbia was cut shortttt

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT'S SO BAD ABOUT 'I'LL BE DRESSED UP IN MY SUNDAY BEST' BECAUSE THEY CENSORED THAT.

LOL SORRY GUYS CAPS KEY STUCK OR ACTUALLY AM I JUST SHOUTING IRL

That bit isn't censored, he has to swallow or catch a breath :P

It was really good I thought, bit annoyed at the editing as it was shambolic at times. I felt for all the kids who were dressed up in GD shirts and were obviously up for it who were turned away who were under 15 and couldn't prove they were over 12. Odeon let them down there.

Just got back too and I loved it apart from the songs they cut short :( and no king for a day

There were about 30-40 ppl there i think and nobody was singing/dancing or anything

I thought it was good seeing shots of the crowd from the bands perspective

oh and whilst i was waiting outside for dad to pick me up a group of ppl near me were singing food around the corner :lol:

I meant, the song has developed so much since the album version... You have the album version, which is solid, a really good song. But the song really got a life of its own... It has undergone so much subtle tweaks and changes in the past 6 years, (involved by BIAB, the musical and 21st Century Breakdown tour), but if you compare the live version of, for instance Munich, to the (now 6-year-old) album track, I really don't get the same feeling... it's not like any other song brought live, it's just... something special, something subtly different.

Ah, I see. Yeah, it's definitely different.

.... been staring at the screen for five minutes now and I can't figure out how to word what I want to say. :pinch:

It kind of gets, a new/different dimension live. And definitely a connecting moment.

Anyone go to nottingham cineworld tonight? I was one of about 12 people there tonight :lol:

Highlights-

- Jason White's little dance during the beginning of She

- the high notes at the end of 21 Guns

- the piano part of 21 guns... Just goregeous :wub:

- thinking how happy Billie would be that the big tv made him look taller

- Billie's bum. :D

Ah, I see. Yeah, it's definitely different.

.... been staring at the screen for five minutes now and I can't figure out how to word what I want to say. :pinch:

My problem as well :D

It kind of gets, a new/different dimension live. And definitely a connecting moment.

Exactly. Every song played by Green Day live is better/different from the album version, but when I listen to BOBD live... it's really... Well, I get a feeling that is even different from what I feel when listening to other live songs :)

Massive Edit: I just remembered something: What the hell does Billie do in, I think it was Brain Stew, when he went really high with his voice, when he was supposed to go down. It sounded really awesome! He was even proud of himself :D

I'm back!!! I wasn't going do this because I am exhausted but who cares :D

Omg...I cannot believe I just saw that it was amazing!!! The sound was just totally blasting out and the images wow, it was unbelievable to see at the cinema :D :D

I was glad that none of it was censored (well it was a 15 here) but JOS did piss me off a bit, where was the rest of it?? And they cut Billie presenting Mike, Jason, Jason & Jeff. All they had was "and Tre Cool on drums!!" and no wmuwse.

But 21 Guns was perfection, welled up a little, it's just that damn piano solo.

Most of all the best thing about tonight was meeting Laura (Laurawr_xD) and her friend Betb. My very first GDC meeting!!! and with a Hugathon buddy too <333 Finally we got to carry out the Hugathon :wub:

Just back from the cinema :)

It was awesome, the only thing was that they cut some of the songs short and I think they could've made it longer, but anyway I really loved it.

I almost feel like I've had my Green Day fix, haha.

I'm really glad I went out of my way to get to it, I've had a really shitty past couple of weeks and this has cheered me up heaps. :)

I sang throughout it too, and seen some people from the Green Day shows. :D

BUT LIFE SUCKS WHEN YOU HAVE TO PEE DURING BASKET CASE.

FUCK SAKE, BLADDER. :mad:

:P

Anyone go to nottingham cineworld tonight? I was one of about 12 people there tonight :lol:

Highlights-

I'd agree with all those highlights

It made me really want to see them live again

Highlights-

Jason White's dance was awesome :happy:

tbh, I never want to see a close up of Billie's bum like that ever again. Nightmares tonight :lol:

I’ve just got back – where I went the room was half empty, about thirty or forty of us, and people just sat quite quietly watching. I sang along all the way through and couldn’t sit still, but because I was nearly at the front I don’t know how many other people were singing. Quite a good atmosphere though.

There was a group of people in the row behind me who sounded surprised at quite a few things, like they’d never actually been to see Green Day (Billie lying down when the audience sang Boulevard of Broken Dreams, showing off his bum…) but they did seem to know some of the words.

For me it was almost as good as being there, but in a quite different way. I did well up a bit when we first saw the boys at the beginning, and I loved the very high energy of the whole thing. At my screening the volume was perfect – loud enough to lose yourself in it, but not painful on the ears. Also, the bass was brilliant – well up in the mix, more so than at the concerts I’ve been to and more than on the records.

I loved all the close-ups of Billie and Mike, and I thought it gave a good impression of the show from the band’s viewpoint – quite different from being there, but well worth seeing. I’m definitely buying the DVD when it comes out!

Highlights-

You gotta love the dance! :D

I just remembered something: What the hell does Billie do in, I think it was Brain Stew, when he went really high with his voice, when he was supposed to go down. It sounded really awesome! He was so proud of himself :D

I already miss Green Day. No matter how fucked up the audience and the editing were, I still enjoyed it! It was aaaaaaahmazing

You gotta love the dance! :D

I just remembered something: What the hell does Billie do in, I think it was Brain Stew, when he went really high with his voice, when he was supposed to go down. It sounded really awesome! He was so proud of himself :D

omg yeh I forgot about that, after he sang the 'skull' bit really high he smiled and looked kind of smug and pleased with himself :D it made me laugh

Archived