MTV World Stage in Theaters

greenbear

i´m back too...

it was sooo amazing. we screamed the lyrics to all the songs.

it was really weird to see me on the big screen and looooots of my friends.

the crowd in the cinema was good. :-)

but i´m dissapointed at one thing. mtv cut jesus of suburbia!!! what the fuck!!! :-/

one of the best songs...

but it was so much fun :-)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Green Day Authority.

I'm Nicolas R. and won a pair of tickets to watch the Green Day concert

cinema in Europe. There is one problem: I live in Brazil and I have

like watching the show at the cinema.

You can donate my pair of tickets to someone who won a poster, and will be

I can stay with the poster? Please answer me.

Thanks. =D

Why did you enter for the cinema showing if you wouldn't be able to attend?

I just got back as well.

The audience was so fucking lame !!

Ohhh my god those people drive me crazy hahaha ^^

after like the 7th song, there's a close-up of billie, and someone behind me

goes like "... so that's mike, right?!" FACEPALMMM !

and then right before I walked in, some guys in front of me were talking..

i heard one saying "oh this is from the new album? from the 21st century breakdown

tour? oh. ohh. hm, i didnt know that".

and nobody clapped or sang the lyrics (or even KNEW the lyrics)

but anyways, I enjoyyyyyed it.

it felt kinda like i was watching the musical again..

- being all by myself

- in some strange place where i've never been before

- surrounded by people liking green day but not loving as much as i do (as far as i can tell ofcourse)

- whispering the lyrics to every single song

- smiling the whole time, loving so mucch what i see .

highlights for me were for one 21 guns, were billie sang soo emotional, some kind of the chorus in an acoustic version..

and a 1-second close-up of his butt HAHAHAHAHA that was hilarous !! everyone was like "OHH!! eww. wow!" hahah :bunny:

No censoring, yay :D

And it sounds like it's pretty great in all.

But I don't like that they cut JOS and St. Jimmy...what exactly did they cut?

And, was Are We The Waiting in there or not?

And meh, lame audiences. Hmph. They better be excited here!

Thanks for the review recap things. =D

and a 1-second close-up of his butt HAHAHAHAHA that was hilarous !! everyone was like "OHH!! eww. wow!" hahah :bunny:

Yeah, that's right! He showed his butt! :D

i´m back too...

it was sooo amazing. we screamed the lyrics to all the songs.

it was really weird to see me on the big screen and looooots of my friends.

the crowd in the cinema was good. :-)

but i´m dissapointed at one thing. mtv cut jesus of suburbia!!! what the fuck!!! :-/

one of the best songs...

but it was so much fun :-)

yes :banana: it was so much fun, the munich crowd is always good, at the concerts and even at the cinema :thumbsup:

I think I was sitting right behind you, you have only a little red in your hair now?

It was amazing, sound was very good, especially the sound of the guitars, almost like live.

And yes, the cutting of JOS was shit :mad: there was such a nice long Ooooooooohhhh in Hooooome at the end and they left it out, what a pitty! As well as the long heeeyhoo in Minority.

And no King for a day :cry:

No censoring, yay :D

And it sounds like it's pretty great in all.

But I don't like that they cut JOS and St. Jimmy...what exactly did they cut?

And, was Are We The Waiting in there or not?

And meh, lame audiences. Hmph. They better be excited here!

Thanks for the review recap things. =D

yeah its been pretty great..

from st. jimmy, they cut the amazing "AND DONT U FUCKING WEAR IT OUT"

and they cut JOS right before "dearly beloved", if i remember this right.

nawww are we the waiting wasnt in.. wmuwse neither :(

but i was soo happy when they started with JoS :D

yeah its been pretty great..

from st. jimmy, they cut the amazing "AND DONT U FUCKING WEAR IT OUT"

and they cut JOS right before "dearly beloved", if i remember this right.

nawww are we the waiting wasnt in.. wmuwse neither :(

but i was soo happy when they started with JoS :D

Hmm =( JOS is just a song you shouldn't touch.

lol, if they had put September in, I would've probably ended up bawling my eyes out in the cinema, haha.

And no King for a day :cry:

yeah, thats right..

i was surprised they left "jaded" in, though.

i was so looking foward to seeing the amazing king for a day-costumes on the big screen !

Hmm =( JOS is just a song you shouldn't touch.

lol, if they had put September in, I would've probably ended up bawling my eyes out in the cinema, haha.

haha ya i was tearing up a bit, too..

during the emotional part of 21 guns and good riddance at the very end..

i think they also cut something out of the acoustic encore? probably wmuwse or last night on earth..

what a pity. i love those.

The audience still dissapoints me. They were just sitting in their seats and eating popcorn. wow. and there were a bunch of people who didn't know their songs :ermm:

They fucking censored the EJN background. I honestly can't see what's so provoking about it.

They fucking censored the EJN background. I honestly can't see what's so provoking about it.

It's not provoking :) It's just an image that the management of Green Day used without permission :) And there was a lawsuit against the use of the copyrighted image. I guess they had to blur out the picture from the film.

But as a fun-fact, the second time the image is shown, they forgot to blur it... It's a frog-view piece of footage of Mike, with the picture clearly visible on the background.

CUTTING JESUS OF SURBURBIA!!!! WTF???

The arena reminded me soo much of the O2 :D

Xabulous's version of the 23rd October gig last year there was 100x better hands down!!

Back again, too.

At the cinema I was at the audience consisted of a good 30 people which is a negative record I think. Also, my sister and me were the only two people singing along the whole show except for the others during BOBD. So the audience was really, really lame (except for me :eyebrow: ).

Another negative thing I have to talk about was the technic at that cinema. The sound was to much treble-focused which annoyed me a bit in some passages. The picture wasn't anything spectacular but it was still pretty good.

I have to accuse MTV of having miserable and under-qualified directing technicians or whoever is responsible for cutting that. The way they cut out are we the waiting or even worse the second part of JOS was vary bad. It's not even THAT they cut out parts of this concert but it's the way HOW they did it. This fast and pulsing song JOS goes without any changeover into the slow, calm and emotional Good Riddance. This moment ruined Good Riddance :ninja:

To say at least one positive fact: the concert itself was really great as we are inured to it :)

But all in all I'd say it wasn't worth all of the money. For the regular cinema price I'd have said it's okay...

THAT WAS BLEWDY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVED BRAIN STEW/JAEDED, SHE AND ALSO ST JIMMY. BUT WHOEVER DID THE EDITING NEEDS A SLAP. THEY DIDN'T SHOW THE END OF ST JIMMY OR EVEN LET JOS FINISH. WAT FUT.

AND THE 17 PEOPLE IN THE CINEMA SHOULD BE ASHAMED. THEY WERE ALL WEARING TOUR SHIRTS, SOME EVEN HAD MORE GREEN DAY STUFF THAN ME, I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT SANG, CLAPPED OR SAID HEY OH. DISAPPOINTED IN MY FELLOW DOOKIE HEADS BUT IT IS AMAZING HOW THEY CAN MAKE ME GO NUMB AND EVEN CRY A LITTLE BIT DURING 21 GUNS, ALL THROUGH A SCREEN. BUT TO BE FAIR IT WAS 1080P HD SURROUND SOUND.

I WAS SO SAD WHEN BILLIE PUT HIS GUITAR UP TOO. I FEEL SO GREAT OMG

haha ya i was tearing up a bit, too..

during the emotional part of 21 guns and good riddance at the very end..

i think they also cut something out of the acoustic encore? probably wmuwse or last night on earth..

what a pity. i love those.

encore: they cut out both, they were both played. Yeah, it's definitely a pity.

Oh well. I'm just gonna enjoy what is shown and be really happy with it :happy:

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT'S SO BAD ABOUT 'I'LL BE DRESSED UP IN MY SUNDAY BEST' BECAUSE THEY CENSORED THAT.

LOL SORRY GUYS CAPS KEY STUCK OR ACTUALLY AM I JUST SHOUTING IRL

it was fucking great!!! :dance:

but only I was singing all along (and the Hey-oooh parts, every single word :D), the other people were just sitting there with there feet on the seats in front of them.. eating and drinking. We were like 20-25 people, and some of them even left, to go to the toilet or something XD, and i was rocking my socks off haha

now i'm even more determent to go to a concert (i thought that wasn't possible :D)

i'm glad that the only censored part was the EJN background haha i understand that ha

edit: i totally agree with BJs Harmoniker :thumbsup: exactly the same thing in my cinema :sleep:

Oh and When I come Around wasn't as loud as the other songs. :ermm:

I THOUGHT I IMAGINED THAT. THE SONG BEFORE HAD SOME WAILING AWESOME GUITAR THEN IT WAS LIKE SHHH FOR WHEN I COME AROUND.

but only I was singing all along (and the Hey-oooh parts, every single word :D), the other people were just sitting there with there feet on the seats in front of them.. eating and drinking. We were like 20-25 people, and some of them even left, to go to the toilet or something XD, and i was rocking my socks off haha

WERE YOU IN MY CINEMA ACTUALLY.

Alright. I'm back!!

The concert itself was amazing, even though it was only like 80/90 min long.

and the crowd was lamee.

I was the only one who screamed the lyrics to all the songs and they just stared at me and were shocked. I stood up and danced around because hey it's green day but there was one fat guy sitting next to me, who told me to sit down. :unsure: he didn't even know the songs and he showed no emotion. So I changed my seats. ..what a mofo

I'm actually dissapointed that everyone was watching this concert as if it was a romatic film or something.

WHAT A BASTARDO. KNOW YOUR ENEMY, RIGHT?

Great night, I left abit pissed off though, why the fuck did they edit JOS like that?! :mad:

Apart from that it was great to see Green Day on the big screen and more people turned up than I thought would be there. I was at the Sheffield Odeon.

I don't think the "I'm dressed up in my Sunday's best" was censored in my version... he just said it rather weird...

On a random note, The local music TV station is now playing BOBD... How much has that song changed during the courses of the tours?... I mean... It's really different live, it differs so much from the album version.

Archived