MTV World Stage in Theaters

greenbear

just got dressed in my LOTAG-green day-shirt !

leaving in 15 minutes !

and I'm only JUST starting to get excited..

cant really believe it..

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, it's gonna be a quiet night on GDC tonight :lol:

I still have to wait a week. Oh well.

In a week I (and all the other Dutchies - I think Holland is the only country that has it on the 22nd?) can be all smug like "hey I'm still going and you've already had your turn :P".

:D

Have fun everyone who's going tonight! :dance:

wooo, leaving for Camden Town very soon!! so excited :D

Have fun everyone else who's going tonight!! x

Wow, it's incredible that some people need to go by train (and some may even travel by plane) just to this, when the movie theatre I'm going to is only 5 minutes away from my house (if I go by car). Guess I was really lucky :happy:

same here I only have to travel 15/20 mins, it's at a cinema I've never been to before.

My mum thinks it's weird that I'm going on my own but I'm not missing it just cos my friends don't want to go

2hrs :D

I'm not leaving for another 2 hours. I only live 15 minutes from the cinema lol.

When my Mum went to see Take That at the cinema, she said people stood and that's Take That. I'm sure people will stand for this.

Although there's only been about 15 tickets sold for this at Burnley cinema =/

Sad that I can't make it to this tonight :(

Aww. Don't be too sad. I would give anything to have seen them the amount of times you did this year. This cinema thing is gonna be great but think of how many times you've seen the real deal :)

Leaving in an hour! Wahoo!!

I hate that this is on near me and I still can't go :(

Me too. Lydia and I would've loved to see it together so much =/ . But at least it isn't the whole concert......that makes me feel a tiny bit less sad :lol:

Sat waiting to go in only 35 mins to go. Here with whats ems name get very excited! Wonder if its going to be only 90 mins to edit out billys swearing!!?!!

Aww. Don't be too sad. I would give anything to have seen them the amount of times you did this year. This cinema thing is gonna be great but think of how many times you've seen the real deal :)

Leaving in an hour! Wahoo!!

Yeah, that was pretty much the deciding factor for me...this isn't anything new, I've seen it loads of times before. And I got to see Bullet In A Bible on the big screen in November 2005 :)

Hahahaha I love that little ending. Sympathy.....ok bye!!! :P

Have fun! :D

Yeah, that was pretty much the deciding factor for me...this isn't anything new, I've seen it loads of times before. And I got to see Bullet In A Bible on the big screen in November 2005 :)

Hahahaha I love that little ending. Sympathy.....ok bye!!! :P

Have fun! :D

Exactly!

Haha if I could "like" that I would. It does sorta read like sympathy...ok see ya!

Thanks though :)

I'm sat in the cinema now :) Walking in to find a queue of people in green day shirts just wanting decent seats made me so happy. Oh my gosh, i am just so so happy right now, sat on my own :P Someone is a few rows back playing green day from their phone and just, oh gosh i love this band and all the fans so damn much. I can tell i'm gonna cry at this, i'm so pathetic haha, but i got emotional just seeing people in green day shirts. :lol:↲↲↲And i have the most massive coke evarrrr.

I'm leaving in 30 minutes. I'll probably get to the cinema 30 mins. earlier but I don't care :happy: Oh, this is going to be awesome. It will feel like a family meeting because we all love Green Day :wub:

Naww, Pathé doesn't give out their posters :(

Damn though, their email reply was so formal, it almost got awkward to read it :lol:

I hope that there really is reserved seating, it'd suck if I got there not early and I have shitty seats because it turns out there actually isn't reserved seating...

Hello Green Day Authority.

I'm Nicolas R. and won a pair of tickets to watch the Green Day concert

cinema in Europe. There is one problem: I live in Brazil and I have

like watching the show at the cinema.

You can donate my pair of tickets to someone who won a poster, and will be

I can stay with the poster? Please answer me.

Thanks. =D

Alright. I'm back!!

The concert itself was amazing, even though it was only like 80/90 min long.

and the crowd was lamee.

I was the only one who screamed the lyrics to all the songs and they just stared at me and were shocked. I stood up and danced around because hey it's green day but there was one fat guy sitting next to me, who told me to sit down. :unsure: he didn't even know the songs and he showed no emotion. So I changed my seats. ..what a mofo

At the end there was another guy who stood up with me and screamed the lyrics to JOS. It was so much fun! Especially because all of the people were staring at us. They thought we were crazy or something. And this guy and me also shouted Fuck em all in the middle of Minority and Amen in Holiday haha

I'm actually dissapointed that everyone was watching this concert as if it was a romatic film or something.

I'm back as well.

The audience was really lame, they were all just sitting and eating. No fun at all.

80/90 mins long, It was amazing.

They didn't censorise it in any way, except for the background picture in East Jesus Nowhere.

What I DO HATE in every way possible, is that they cut short JOS. They cut the song just before Dearly Beloved. Which is really annoying.

Great quality of sound and image, you could feel the drum within your veins.

It was well-worth the money and time!

For those interested, it was just a concert film. So no random interview, no documentary styled intermezzo's... You could just see the band warming up, prepping themselves, jumping up and down, just before the show, to the sound of the intro guitar of 21st Century Breakdown. (kind of like the band does in BIAB, when Tré says "Why are there no clouds in the sky? Because God wants to see his favourite band again")

I'm back as well.

The audience was really lame, they were all just sitting and eating. No fun at all.

80/90 mins long, It was amazing.

They didn't censorise it in any way, except for the background picture in East Jesus Nowhere.

What I DO HATE in every way possible, is that they cut short JOS. They cut the song just before Dearly Beloved. Which is really annoying.

Great quality of sound and image, you could feel the drum within your veins.

It was well-worth the money and time!

YES the thing with JOS was fucking stupid. and the people too. What the hell were they doing there? They didn't even know the songs. Oh well. Atleast I had fun

YES the thing with JOS was fucking stupid. and the people too. What the hell were they doing there? They didn't even know the songs. Oh well. Atleast I had fun

THIS! There were some old people, there, being all "WTF"... I mean, come on... This is not Harry Potter or anything like that...

Ok so here comes a little review from the airing in Paderborn.

I have to admit that I'm kinda disappointed. First of all, the sound quality wasn't really that good and all in all it was WAY too low. Also the volume differed from song to song.

Second, why the hell did they cut out the best parts of JOS and St. Jimmy? That didn't make sense at all!

Anyway, concerning the audience, I wouldn't exactly describe it as crowded, but there were more people than I had expected.

We and some girls in front of us were the only ones who actually sang and screamed along. The couple to my left actually cuddled and I'm pretty sure they fell asleep in the end.

I thought about asking the audience if I could get a picture for the community, but they all seemed so bored and uninvolved that I didn't had the heart to do it.

So, all in all, it could've been way better and I'm fairly disappointed about the sound quality.

I hope you guys had a better evening than me.

Archived