MTV World Stage in Theaters

greenbear

OMG, please let it be in a few cities in Germany because Munich seems to be sure since it was filmed there :lol:

Completely awesome, hopefully I can see it <3

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ugh it's always either Europe or the US, Canada never gets anything cool :( all we got was an energy drink with Green Day on it.

ugh it's always either Europe or the US, Canada never gets anything cool :( all we got was an energy drink with Green Day on it.

*It's always either UK or US.

It's very, very rarely the UK so dunno where you get that from ... we haven't had anything out of the ordinary, just regular tours.

It's very, very rarely the UK so dunno where you get that from ... we haven't had anything out of the ordinary, just regular tours.

But if there's something in Europe, it's nearly always the UK. A lot of the time it's the US, but when it's not, it's often the UK. And you get more shows, more contests.

I mean, it's not a big deal, but I was just saying that it's not like the entire continent of Europe continuously gets things, within Europe it's mostly the UK.

But if there's something in Europe, it's nearly always the UK. A lot of the time it's the US, but when it's not, it's often the UK. And you get more shows, more contests.

I mean, it's not a big deal, but I was just saying that it's not like the entire continent of Europe continuously gets things, within Europe it's mostly the UK.

... do we? lol. I literally haven't heard of any of this stuff. During the promo tour in May 09 they played small shows in NY, then in Paris and Germany; but nothing at all here. And then the regular tour in October and I think four dates or something in June. I know it's not a big deal but there is this strange idea the UK gets more than the rest of Europe but there's not a lot to base that on. We get the same, less if anything, but no more.

... do we? lol. I literally haven't heard of any of this stuff. During the promo tour in May 09 they played small shows in NY, then in Paris and Germany; but nothing at all here. And then the regular tour in October and I think four dates or something in June. I know it's not a big deal but there is this strange idea the UK gets more than the rest of Europe but there's not a lot to base that on. We get the same, less if anything, but no more.

Well, apart from the '09 small shows then, you guys really get more shows. The '09 and '10 tours combined, you got 14 shows. That's as much as the Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, the Netherlands, Spain and Italy got combined. You also get more contests than all the other European countries combined. You got the Tubbies. And if there's any chance whatsoever of the musical going to Europe, it's definitely going to be in the UK. Doesn't have much to do with what Green Day themselves do, but you guys also get a lot of magazine articles. I've seen a grand one article about Green Day in a Dutch magazine in the past two years, one radio interview (and both those things were directly taken, though translated, from English articles), and I can count the times I've seen them get a small mention on one hand.

HOLYFUCKYES!

I saw this and was about to reply how lucky people are living in America :lol: I can't believe its in Europe!!!

My Green Day fund is currently at £70 so I hope it is faaaaaairly close to where I live, if its just in London it'll be annoying cause its going to cost me over a hundred pounds to go to the cinema.. But still, YAAYYYYYYYYYY! Can't wait!

If more italian GDCers lived in Northern Italy, I'd suggest a meeting, but it seems like I'm the only one, or almost. :lol:
You are not the only one :lol: I would be totally in! Even if I doubt it will come to Italy =/

You are not the only one :lol: I would be totally in! Even if I doubt it will come to Italy =/

I wrote 'almost' because I couldn't remember where you live :lol:

*It's always either UK or US.

from what I see I already had an apostrophe in it's....unless you're trying to correct me on saying Europe...which I don't see how I was wrong in saying that.

so damn excited. I saw BIAB on the big screen in london and seeing them on the big screen was like omg they are like 10 feet tall.

If more italian GDCers lived in Northern Italy, I'd suggest a meeting, but it seems like I'm the only one, or almost. :lol:

a friend of mine now lives in Milan so maybe I could come ^^

a friend of mine now lives in Milan so maybe I could come ^^

Oh, that'd be awesome. But let's wait until we know something :sleep:

Oh, that'd be awesome. But let's wait until we know something :sleep:

yep, also because I don't think it will be in Italy -.-''

from what I see I already had an apostrophe in it's....unless you're trying to correct me on saying Europe...which I don't see how I was wrong in saying that.

Hmm, there's a discussion regarding that same post about whether Green Day treat the UK differently than Europe, what oh what could I have possibly meant with that post... *scratches chin*

Since apparently you don't read contexts, I was indeed correcting you on saying Europe, because in my opinion Europe doesn't get all that much (in fact, Europe barely gets anything) and that the majority of the things Europe gets, go to the UK, and barely anything in the rest of Europe.

Sorry for the sarcasm, today I can't really take a lot, my apologies for that.

Wait a minute, where are all the dookie/insomniac/nimrod/warning songs!?!?!?!?!?! :mad:

Hi, not sure if this is where this thread should belong, but I came across this when looking for the new Harry Potter film.

In the 'coming soon' section of the Showcase cinemas website (UK), is 'Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown Tour', and when I looked into my local cinema, Derby, it says it is planned to be aired on Monday 15th November at 8.30pm.

Take a look at the website www.showcasecinemas.co.uk/ then into the 'coming soon' section.

The description states: MTV presents a World Stage Event: GREEN DAY - THE 21st CENTURY BREAKDOWN TOUR Recorded at the Olympiahalle Munich Germany. GREEN DAY as you’ve never seen them before - for the first time on the Big Screen in High Definition with 5.1 surround sound All the Hits, all the Energy, all the Madness for one night only: 21st Century Breakdown; Know your Enemy; East Jesus Nowhere; Holiday; Static Age; St Jimmy; Boulevard of Broken Dreams; When I Come Around; Brainstew; Jaded; Basket Case; She; 21 Guns; Minority; American Idiot; Jesus of Suburbia; Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

Seems as though it is an extended version of the one aired a few months ago.

If this is concrete CAN'T WAIT! But does this airing relate to a DVD release? Wouldn't mind but it is footage we've already seen.

Archived