Billie Joe to play St. Jimmy in the musical

Fuzz

Finally. Mike and Tre couldn't refrain from seeing the show with Billie. :happy:

amazing, I wonder what they think about him doing this ...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike and Tre are there? I was there for the matinee and they weren't there.

I know a few people have seen Tre and there was another tweet saying the whole band was there, so.

amazing, I wonder what they think about him doing this ...

They support the show too so maybe they'll be blown away by his performance since Billie's doing such a great job.

Apparently the whole band is there tonight. :)

really? that's awesome :happy:

I wonder what Mike/Tre's reaction'll be to seeing St. Billie for the first time...

Of course I go to the MATINEE today. We all hung out for a few hours after the show and saw Billie go back into the theatre, but we left right after so we didn't get to see Mike or Tre. :cry:

Show was awesome though. We lost the lotto but the seat I already had was great, first row mezz. So excited to hear Billie say "oh baby baby it's fuck time!" again today.

During American Idiot, Johnny had (another :lol:) little mishap. While he was being spun around in the shopping cart it flipped over and he fell out. He got right back in though, he seemed fine :)

Of course I go to the MATINEE today. We all hung out for a few hours after the show and saw Billie go back into the theatre, but we left right after so we didn't get to see Mike or Tre. :cry:

Show was awesome though. We lost the lotto but the seat I already had was great, first row mezz. So excited to hear Billie say "oh baby baby it's fuck time!" again today.

During American Idiot, Johnny had (another :lol:) little mishap. While he was being spun around in the shopping cart it flipped over and he fell out. He got right back in though, he seemed fine :)

When exactly does he say that? In character or what? Sorry, stupid question but just wondering xD

D'awwww poor Johnny :lol:

Show was fucking amazing. AMAZING.

I cried so many times, it was ridiculous.

Billie was, ugh...words can't describe.

Like, before he came out for "St. Jimmy" you could hear him yell in the back. It was so funny.

Johnny is giving his monologue and and you hear, "ARRGHHHHHHHH!!!!" in the background. :lol:

And when Billie said, "Oh baby, baby it's fuck time!" right before "Give Me Novocaine"= classic perfection.

I'll write a review about it later, I'm hungry. xD

Show was fucking amazing. AMAZING.

I cried so many times, it was ridiculous.

Billie was, ugh...words can't describe.

Like, before he came out for "St. Jimmy" you could hear him yell in the back. It was so funny.

Johnny is giving his monologue and and you hear, "ARRGHHHHHHHH!!!!" in the background. :lol:

And when Billie said, "Oh baby, baby it's fuck time!" right before "Give Me Novocaine"= classic perfection.

I'll write a review about it later, I'm hungry. xD

I KNOW, it was the WEIRDEST THING. I heard him screaming backstage and was like "um...Billie, are you alright? You sound like you're being stabbed or something" :lol:

I am hoping for some pics of Mike and Tre with Billie :happy: I am so happy that they showed up to see St. Billie!

I saw the matinee today! Billie is priceless in that role. Such a mischievous and comical bastard. And can I just say that I love the screams and yells he's added in right before St. Jimmy appears? Those were a stroke of brilliance because it adds to the intensity of moment as the drums get louder and JGJ delivers his lines more intensely, and then you hear St. Jimmy in the background, yelling to be let out and to make himself known. :wub:

I saw the matinee today! Billie is priceless in that role. Such a mischievous and comical bastard. And can I just say that I love the screams and yells he's added in right before St. Jimmy appears? Those were a stroke of brilliance because it adds to the intensity of moment as the drums get louder and JGJ delivers his lines more intensely, and then you hear St. Jimmy in the background, yelling to be let out and to make himself known. :wub:

YES!

I interpreted the screams as Johnny's "evil side" is about to come out. Brilliant. :wub:

Billie was just so...powerful in this role. He plays it well.

I mean, even when he was sitting down in the dark, he was still powerful because of his body language.

Ugh...I could go on forever. Let me stop now. :lol:

I KNOW, it was the WEIRDEST THING. I heard him screaming backstage and was like "um...Billie, are you alright? You sound like you're being stabbed or something" :lol:

Pfft...I couldn't stop laughing. I found it too fucking funny. I mean, do you know how hard it is to laugh quietly? It's hard. :lol:

I love the fact that he's playing St. Jimmy. I mean..... I saw him in Haunted... and he was amazing.... so he should be great... which he is, from what i'm hearing.

YES!

I interpreted the screams as Johnny's "evil side" is about to come out. Brilliant. :wub:

Billie was just so...powerful in this role. He plays it well.

I mean, even when he was sitting down in the dark, he was still powerful because of his body language.

Ugh...I could go on forever. Let me stop now. :lol:

I KNOW!!!

I was giggling because there was no mistaking who was making those noises, but at the same time I was struck by how much more powerful it made that moment.

And the best part is that he came up with that on his own, because after he exited the theatre and drove away, I was walking down the street and I saw Christina talking to some fans. And I overheard her saying something about "...the first night he did that, we didnt know it was him. We thought it was someone in the audience. Then when it happened again, we figured out it was him." Then she laughed and said "Our creator."

And I kind of butted in and was like "oh are you talking about right before St. Jimmy? That was so great..." and she confirmed that's what she meant. :lol: She's an absolute sweetheart just like everyone else in that cast.

Anyway, Billie was fucking FANTASTIC. :wub:

Oh God I'm giggling non-stop because of that whole Billie screaming thing.

Yes he did! Less than an hour after the show ended.

I thought I was clever when I bolted out the exit door just as they finished playing Good Riddance, but the barridcades were already swamped with people when I got outside. A lot of people who don't see the show but know that Billie is there line up way before the show ends, I think. Which, I can't really blame them since I would probably do the same thing, but...from my position today, I was slightly pissed. :lol:

And I was ready to tackle some moron. I was across the street from all the madness, and after Billie got into his car, he lowered the window slightly. Some freaking douche nozzle stuck his hand inside the window as though to shake Billie's hand. Billie obliged, but then with his other hand, the guy stuck his phone into the car and started snapping pictures. :dry:

Yes he did! Less than an hour after the show ended.

I thought I was clever when I bolted out the exit door just as they finished playing Good Riddance, but the barridcades were already swamped with people when I got outside. A lot of people who don't see the show but know that Billie is there line up way before the show ends, I think. Which, I can't really blame them since I would probably do the same thing, but...from my position today, I was slightly pissed. :lol:

And I was ready to tackle some moron. I was across the street from all the madness, and after Billie got into his car, he lowered the window slightly. Some freaking douche nozzle stuck his hand inside the window as though to shake Billie's hand. Billie obliged, but then with his other hand, the guy stuck his phone into the car and started snapping pictures. :dry:

omg the same thing happened after last nights show!

we purpose ran out of the show yet the barricade was PACKED

and wow that guy is an ass

... is there a video of him screaming? i'm really curious now!!!

I KNOW!!!

I was giggling because there was no mistaking who was making those noises, but at the same time I was struck by how much more powerful it made that moment.

And the best part is that he came up with that on his own, because after he exited the theatre and drove away, I was walking down the street and I saw Christina talking to some fans. And I overheard her saying something about "...the first night he did that, we didnt know it was him. We thought it was someone in the audience. Then when it happened again, we figured out it was him." Then she laughed and said "Our creator."

And I kind of butted in and was like "oh are you talking about right before St. Jimmy? That was so great..." and she confirmed that's what she meant. :lol: She's an absolute sweetheart just like everyone else in that cast.

Anyway, Billie was fucking FANTASTIC. :wub:

YEAH!

I know that "ARRGGGHHHH!" from anywhere.

I mean, that scene is already powerful as it is but, when he added those screams, it just made it that much more powerful. It's like, you feel it coming.

Ugh...Billie. No words can describe how proud I am of him.

He was AMAZING. It's like, he was born to play this role. (Well duh, Joy...he created the character. :rolleyes:)

I feel like a proud parent or something. :wub:

I talked to Christina after the show as well. She's so sweet and adorable. She signed my playbill. :blush:

My friend asked her, "So...you kissed Billie? How was it?" and she laughed and said, "It was good...really good. But, you should really ask him that question. His opinion counts more than mine. But, I really hope he says I was good as well." :lol:

did Billie come out after the matinee to sign autographs?

Yeah, but briefly. NYPD was not fucking around...that's for damn sure.

I couldn't see him at first, but I saw this short guy with a Raiders hat on and I was like, "That's Billie!" :lol:

I saw the show in May and went back today to see Billie in it...

his voice sounded perfect, the show was so much better the second time around...

As a 34 year old man, I will admit tears were in my eyes several times because the performances were so so so beautiful.

Best.

show.

ever.

Archived