Billie Joe to play St. Jimmy in the musical

Fuzz

OMGOMGOMG It's tonight :runaround::woot:

rain pleaseeeee calm down so sarah and i can make it to the st james theater with out delays so we can get our tickets this morning!

Omg thissss.

I am not looking forward to waiting for the bus in the rain / running through it. =/

EDIT: FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUCK It's pouring.

dgwerfgsdfhbsrfyjdtuk

The rain won't delay the trains, right? I really do not need anything to go wrong today!! :cry:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the moment I'm downloading ten AI Billie vids from YT not the best quality though but ok :whistle

OMGOMGOMG It's tonight :runaround::woot:

Omg thissss.

I am not looking forward to waiting for the bus in the rain / running through it. =/

EDIT: FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUCK It's pouring.

dgwerfgsdfhbsrfyjdtuk

The rain won't delay the trains, right? I really do not need anything to go wrong today!! :cry:

ughh my LIRR line is saying delays. OF COURSE ITS MY LINE! WTF

I could literally scream out loud at the fact I can't be there!! All the pics and videos look soo amazing! I feel like we're seeing a completely new side to billie's talents and he's just fantastic - even if he is playing a character he created himself. Who would ever have thought he could do this so well!

I really hope his stint as st jimmy isn't a one off and that he will do something like this again in the future and in all honesty I think he may well do given how this has been received. I just hope that next time, it will be in London! (I can hope!!) If they ever bring the musical to London - perhaps they will even get mike or tre in on it next time who knows?! Haha!

At the moment I'm downloading ten AI Billie vids from YT not the best quality though but ok :whistle

I am going to do just the same!

I wonder if it's weird for Billie singing the songs and everyone's seated. Like usually he sings in front of thousands of standing fans whereas for this everyone will all be seated. Hmm.

I hope there is a video for homecoming from yesterday, when, while he took the shirt off the mic also went off :lol:

I saw that on Green Day LIVE on Tour facebook page.

And I quote

i think it was tonight that his mic came off when he pulled off his shirt...?

yeah, here's the tweet:

GreenDayMind

Whoops, just take the shirt off, not the mic, BJ! Loving you in the role. Maybe after South America you come back, do it again?... @greenday

I hope there is a video for homecoming from yesterday, when, while he took the shirt off the mic also went off :lol:

I saw that on Green Day LIVE on Tour facebook page.

And I quote

Oh no!! Lol!

Oh well these things happen I guess. I wonder if he just had to keep singing without the mic?! I was worried that might happen when I saw the video from the first night!!

Ugh I hate when plans don't work out. :(

BUT we're going to try lotto, if we don't get that than partial view, and if we don't get tickets we're going to wait for Billie at the barriers anyway.

I luckily have more money than I expected, so I WILL be there!!!

Mic problems happen. Not as too many recently, though. Johnny had a run where he mic went out before BOBD, so he was give a handheld even though he's supposed to play the guitar during the song. Esper's mic went out for a majority of the show once and he couldn't leave the stage to get it fix.

I'm curious what they might let Billie do for his final performance. Maybe he'll smash a guitar like Johnny did that one time. LOL.

Mic problems happen. Not as too many recently, though. Johnny had a run where he mic went out before BOBD, so he was give a handheld even though he's supposed to play the guitar during the song. Esper's mic went out for a majority of the show once and he couldn't leave the stage to get it fix.

I'm curious what they might let Billie do for his final performance. Maybe he'll smash a guitar like Johnny did that one time. LOL.

OMG no, not the Gibson!!!

That mic incident last night was partially due to Billie's inexperience on the stage. Technical actors stuff. I was thinking to myself the first night I saw him do the role whether he was going to be able to get the shirt off w/o taking his mic off, too. That's tricky with those head mics. But, he recovered very quickly, I was happy for him.

Did anyone notice also during St. Jimmy when Billie raised the wrong arm for a move and then put it down and raised the correct one? Haha, made me chuckle. You can totally tell he has limited current technical skills as an actor. I think he'll get it by the time the run ends, and with some lessons, he's going to rock B'way again one day, I think.

Johnny told a few of us fans about that guitar smashing incident at Rockwood. Sounds like it was epic. He said he got a text from Billie saying that John was his hero for doing that, lol.

When did John smash his guitar? I dont recalling hearing about this

It was after a string of non-stop performances, I want to say it was the performance before the Tonys. Anyways, the guitar was on its final legs anyways. It had been giving him problems for a while; he even accidentally dropped it during the matinee beforehand. So, he was given the 'OK' to smash it after "Good Riddance."

:)

It was after a string of non-stop performances, I want to say it was the performance before the Tonys. Anyways, the guitar was on its final legs anyways. It had been giving him problems for a while; he even accidentally dropped it during the matinee beforehand. So, he was given the 'OK' to smash it after "Good Riddance."

:)

ohh gotcha, thanks! :)

I hadn't seen this video before. Its a better version of St Jimmy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_W1KcOUryI

Hope its not been posted already

Awesome video, thanks for posting :happy:

Watching all these videos, and seeing pictures of the show gives me at least an idea of what the show is like.. It's too bad I can't see the show myself, it's just not happening. So being in this thread and reading people's reviews is nice!

John smashed his guitar after a performance of AI (I believe) a couple of months ago because earlier in the performance or the day before or something, he had tossed it up and then didn't catch it correctly, so there was a slight crack making it impossible to tune correctly, so after the performance he just went and smashed it onstage. Of course, this is all I've been told. I didn't see it happen!

And yes! Last night was awesome. I felt bad for Billie when his mic came off during The Death of St. Jimmy but I thought he really handled it like a pro. Really, for someone with extremely limited (or no) stage experience (in theatre), he really didn't let it phase him. He just put it back on and kept going, didn't miss a beat. I didn't notice him put up the wrong arm at any point... which lyric was this during? And was he just sweating profusely or was that a special kind of lipstick that he was using to draw on his chest that made it drip? I remember reading, in passing, on here that someone's family member or friend gave him a lipstick to use but I could've understood that wrong. My favorite nuance that he added was in Letterbomb, after Rebecca Jones' screams, he turns around, looks really pissed and says, "oh shut the fuck up!" and then goes back to helping John Gallagher smoke crack (or whatever drug it's supposed to be).

I thought he sounded really great throughout. I wasn't totally a fan of "Last Night on Earth" but he got stronger as the song went on. My favorite, vocally, was probably Homecoming/Death of St. Jimmy. And in costume and make up, he just looks totally insane. I loved it.

And is it just me or does Josh Kobak go unnoticed on stage? I forgot he was there for almost the entirety of the show.

The show is completely like a rock concert this week. I'll be playing lotto probably for the entirety of this weekend, and aside from Sunday night, probably by myself. So if anyone needs a lotto buddy, PM me!

Here's my (of course, shitty quality - I need to get a better camera!) video of Good Riddance from last night:

The understudy board has Kobak listed. Besides Billie on for Tony, Miguel was on for Theo with Gerard for Miguel and Kobak on for Gerard. They won't have those understudies listed elsewhere besides the understudy board since they aren't leads.

I can't remember exactly at what line the arm incident happened, but it came at the point where Johnny and St. Jimmy are back to back, close to the couch. I'll try and remember where when I see it tonight. It was just a little thing, but it made me laugh. I think I've seen the show way too much at this point, lol.

I didn't notice him put up the wrong arm at any point... which lyric was this during?

I just watched the video of St. Jimmy and it's the part where he sings, "And welcome to the club and gimme some fun..."

This video from 9/28 shows the part where he did it correctly at 2:09.

Uh, oh... the video just hit the PunkSite.com. The comments to it should be pretty vicious, whenever they start coming in. Everytime something is written about Green Day on a punk site, the comments are just horrendous.

a ha during ST Jimmy Billie does to Christina what Tony Does To Aspen

In real life or in the show? LOL. That's usually Libby's thing. :D You might have seen it when Aspen was on for Libby.

In real life or in the show? LOL. That's usually Libby's thing. :D You might have seen it when Aspen was on for Libby.

yep saw it when aspen was on for libby

I am in Shock Mike Dirnt , Tre Cool, Jason Freese And Jeff Matika have not gone to see Billie yet

yep saw it when aspen was on for libby

I am in Shock Mike Dirnt , Tre Cool, Jason Freese And Jeff Matika have not gone to see Billie yet

I think they are going to be here this weekend. I think some of Billie's family will be here, too. Don't worry, they are going to show up! I'm sure they wanted to spend some time at home, and then they have to head to South America, so, I don't blame them.

Archived