Billie Joe to play St. Jimmy in the musical

Fuzz

and i know it's impolite in the theater, but of course I would absolutely LOVE to see or hear recorded footage of at least part of his performance.

Yeah. I really hope someone does bring a camera.

then again, I'd also love to see footage of the entire musical on Broadway anyway. there's only Berkeley bootlegs out there, as far as I know...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, I know (that's where I saw it xD) but when you go here:

http://twitter.com/GreenDay

it's not showing up. I thought it was deleted or something. But then again, I'm a twitter noob ._.

It is showing up for me... oh well.

Dammit, I want to be excited but I'm too gutted we can't see it! I so badly want to see him do this, it's unlike anything we've ever seen him do.

omg I know everyone was saying this could possibly happen, but now that it is I can't believe it.

Although, if anyone remembers his appearance on Haunted a few years back, Billie isn't exactly the best actor in the world soooo...

omg I know everyone was saying this could possibly happen, but now that it is I can't believe it.

Although, if anyone remembers his appearance on Haunted a few years back, Billie isn't exactly the best actor in the world soooo...

Acting and performing are so different. This requires him to sing his own songs and jump all over the place. I think he'll do great. I really hope he blows it out of the water, just because some people have some reservations about it.

I feel kinda weird about this. I mean, I don't know if Billie has been thinking about being in the show for a while, but because of the fact that the show's really starting to die out, it kind of seems like a publicity stunt to get more people to see it. :/

But, again, he did write the song and therefore has the best idea of who and what St. Jimmy should be, so who knows.

natnesser said on twitter they'd been think about it for a while so i'm sure its well thought out :)

I wish some super sneaky person could film this. If this happens without being recorded on film it will be a crime against humanity.

I wish some super sneaky person could film this. If this happens without being recorded on film it will be a crime against humanity.

I SO AGREE =0

It's just so awesome that he will be acting his own personage.. He does it very well onstage already.. So very excited :woot: :woot:

it would be to much for him to play Will Or Tunny....to much dancing

but i wonder what Mike, Tre, Jason W ,Jason F AND Jeff REactions to findng out about this

I Live in Ny but i am broke....may just try to for lotto over the weekend

I SO AGREE =0

It's just so awesome that he will be acting his own personage.. He does it very well onstage already.. So very excited :woot: :woot:

It's just SO different! I can't even imagine it. Can't wait to hear/see as much about it as possible!

Acting and performing are so different. This requires him to sing his own songs and jump all over the place. I think he'll do great. I really hope he blows it out of the water, just because some people have some reservations about it.

I agree. This is going to be... fucking mindblowing.

I'd really love to see Billie doing LNOE. I've seen it live but this would be completely different.

I wanna see how he does the "suicide" scene too, something tells me it would be easier for them to carry Billie off stage rather than Tony :P

Yeah. I really hope someone does bring a camera.

then again, I'd also love to see footage of the entire musical on Broadway anyway. there's only Berkeley bootlegs out there, as far as I know...

:ninja:

There's one on Youtube, not great quality do.

Billie Joe Armstrong performing on Broadway? Never thought I'd see those words strung together in a sentence. Oh my actual god. This is gonna be awesome as fuck!

nucking futs. i think i might just have to go. who's in?

I'm also checking into flights - anyone in Detroit want to go to Friday's performance?

it would be to much for him to play Will Or Tunny....to much dancing

but i wonder what Mike, Tre, Jason W ,Jason F AND Jeff REactions to findng out about this

I Live in Ny but i am broke....may just try to for lotto over the weekend

Apparently they've been planning this for months. I'm pretty sure the band knew as soon as Billie did, I doubt they have any reservations about it.

FINALLY. something interesting happens to me in new york! i've waited soooo long for something like this. praise be brothers and sisters.

:ninja:

There's one on Youtube, not great quality do.

Thanks! I really like this information

:sherlock: could you link it, though? I can't find it DD:

Archived