Billie Joe to play St. Jimmy in the musical

Fuzz

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YAY :dance:

I love that video of St. Jimmy, in the other we couldn't really figure out what he was doing.

Oh boy, I am so loving this

I hadn't seen this video before. Its a better version of St Jimmy.

Hope its not been posted already

oh my lord that is AMAZING.

Billie looks so yummy there. It's really weird to see him do the choreography, but at the same does he does it so well like he's been doing it since he was born...omg i'm lost for words :wub:

Thank you.

I went to see this last night and I can only say Billie was amazing in that role. He is definitely a natural.

I jumped through millions of hoops to see this and am very glad I did. It was completely worth it. I have posted my pics on facebook and will load a few up here if I get a chance.

I hope some quality videos show up especially of LNOE. Amazing. Simply amazing.

That's fantastic, you never fail at bringing amazing photos and videos to us :hug:

I hate to admit it but im too lazy to look through the almost 2000 post, but did anyone post a video of him as St. Jimmi (besides Curtain Call)? Or other pictures? (besides curtain call and the georgeous pick of him shirtless)

ugh i can't stop compulsively checking this thread for new videos or pics every 15 seconds. :(

ugh i can't stop compulsively checking this thread for new videos or pics every 15 seconds. :(

agreed. I still want the shirtless pictures

Your welcomed. I do have a nagging feeling in the back of my head that this may not be the last time Billie Joe guest stars in the musical, so let's hope my nagging feeling is correct for all involved! it would add a great boost to the box office if they put him back into the show before the run ends. We'll see.

Hah, look at the way he's gripping that railing. At one point, it looked like he was so nervous that he was going to fall, it made me laugh a little bit.

He's like a fledgling trying out his wings, and one week in front of an audience is just a learning curve. The minute he set foot on that stage, something was set in motion - my thoughts were that this was not just a big night for Billie Joe, but for Broadway itself. Here is a phenomenal - jeez, 'talent' is too small a word for how he is, but fuckit, here he is, unfolding in a new place, in front of people who have never seen the likes of him. Truth be told, as much as he loves this show, he's bigger than it, and I'm pretty fucking sure everyone involved knows that - their love and support for him is obvious, and it's cradling him. To have a hit show is one thing - to enable the emergence of a great, shining light is another, and it's undeniable.

I know that you guys are always looking for pictures and videos but remember, it's not allowed during the show. Since "Good Riddance" is the encore and after curtain call, no one is really enforcing at that point, but during the show, yes, the ushers will get onto people. They will just get stricter and stricter throughout the week.

Just saying.

I hate to admit it but im too lazy to look through the almost 2000 post, but did anyone post a video of him as St. Jimmi (besides Curtain Call)? Or other pictures? (besides curtain call and the georgeous pick of him shirtless)

Look up, that one is the best video we've got so far! =)

omg I would do absolutely ANYTHING at this point to get to the musical right now. Anything. I'm desperate. but not hopeless. I feel so useless in Toronto.

I know that you guys are always looking for pictures and videos but remember, it's not allowed during the show. Since "Good Riddance" is the encore and after curtain call, no one is really enforcing at that point, but during the show, yes, the ushers will get onto people. They will just get stricter and stricter throughout the week.

Just saying.

yeah, we know...it really does suck, but that's how it is, I guess. :(

But I'm still hoping for a really great video of the Death of St Jimmy to pop up...even though it's hardly possible and not allowed..I'm hoping xD

Just saying.

I actually thought they didnt really seem to care last night. We discussed it after the show.

You'd think they'd want some decent recordings out there. A few video clips aren't going to hurt anything, if anything they'll get people more interested. There are literally thousands of people who would reblog, repost, retweet those videos if they were released; if that's not good press than I don't know what is.

You'd think they'd want some decent recordings out there. A few video clips aren't going to hurt anything, if anything they'll get people more interested. There are literally thousands of people who would reblog, repost, retweet those videos if they were released; if that's not good press than I don't know what is.

EXACTLY.

well, maybe they want us to actually BUY tickets and watch it instead of getting it for free on the internet. :dry:

and all the poor fans who live miles away and can't POSSIBLY buy tickets can just suck it, I guess. :(

absolutely this.

I hadn't seen this video before. Its a better version of St Jimmy.

Hope its not been posted already

Great video. About as good as we're gonna get most likely and yes it's been mentioned, but he really does look like Jimmy from the JOS video. Too bad Billie's too old to play Jimmy in the movie version.

oh I didn't mention before:

I love the crotch grabbing and pelvic thrusts :eyebrow:

me too, really like how he used the stuff he normally does while performing St. Jimmy at the concerts! =D

this.

The songs (obviously) work in a B'way musical, but if there's a movie, I'd prefer it to be just the story/plot, not like a musical.

And maybe a different interpretation of the album than the musical...not that the musical's story is bad, just a different take might be cool.

but I don't even know about an AI movie...I think a musical's enough. I don't know how to explain it, but maybe we should just let the poor album go before we get sick and tired of adaptations of it. It might somehow take away from the masterpiece that is American Idiot the album, y'know? Not that I don't like the musical...I love the musical... I don't really know what I'm saying...sorry...

This. The musical works. It seems like Hollywood would be too much...

I asked this before, but no response:

Does anyone know if Billie stagedoors?

I know a lot of the more well-known, famous people don't stagedoor if they're on Broadway, so I was just wondering.

He does, but you have to wait an hour after the show, and there's a shitload of cops (and people) around. And you have to run to the stagedoor right after the show's over to get a good view.

My opinion? Worth it. ;)

This. The musical works. It seems like Hollywood would be too much...

He does, but you have to wait an hour after the show, and there's a shitload of cops (and people) around. And you have to run to the stagedoor right after the show's over to get a good view.

My opinion? Worth it. ;)

ugh an hour, really?

shit im gonna miss my train, oh well worth it

agreed 100% ahaha :) he was born to be a star, i can't believe i had doubts about how he will do the choreographed moves and such.

me too, really like how he used the stuff he normally does while performing St. Jimmy at the concerts! =D

yeah, I found that really awesome (even though I haven't even seen them live :dry:)!

And Billie's St Jimmy is EXACTLY how I imagined St Jimmy. I haven't seen Tony Vincent's very well, but from the bits I've seen and from what I've heard, his St Jimmy is a bit more...idk...sinister? That works really well too, but I always imagined St Jimmy is a fun, wild child punk with a bit (well, more than a bit) of a dark side. And that's exactly how Billie (from the videos I've seen) portrayed it, so :dance:

We weren't arguing, I was just explaining in an out-of-towner's view.

It was announced on Twitter. @GreenDayUpdates

omg I didn't mean too vote you down!!! I''m really really sorry!!! my bad!

omg I didn't mean too vote you down!!! I''m really really sorry!!! my bad!

It's okay. We can just let Dai or someone know to fix it. :)

EDIT: Thank you, Andres.

Archived