Billie Joe to play St. Jimmy in the musical

Fuzz

Not sure if this has already been posted, but this is the only decent video I can find from last night, it's only Good Riddance so don't get excited :lol:

I want more videos :(

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Thanks for posting :happy:

I really hope a full video of Last Night On Earth will surface. :)

Y/w :) I love the kiss he blows to the audience at the end :happy:

Me too :( I want full, clear videos of everything but that's never going to happen. :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for (good) pictures of Billie shirtless. I really want to see the new tattoos :runaround:

This :D

And This :D

Not sure if this has already been posted, but this is the only decent video I can find from last night, it's only Good Riddance so don't get excited :lol:

I want more videos :(

Thanks for posting.

And I want more videos too :D

I personally am totally looking forward to JoKo!St. Jimmy, I actually prefer him to Tony. *ducks* lol. Can't wait for next weekend.

In general, though, the box office is most likely going to take a nose dive, even if Tony was back, which is such a shame. *crosses fingers*

I have a sixth-row (F) center mezz ticket for tonight on sale for $100. If you're interested PM me.

I am so sorry that you won't be able to come to this, J'net. I already have a ticket for tonight, but I just wanted to let you know that how sad I am that you won't be here. :(

I personally am totally looking forward to JoKo!St. Jimmy, I actually prefer him to Tony. *ducks* lol. Can't wait for next weekend.

In general, though, the box office is most likely going to take a nose dive, even if Tony was back, which is such a shame. *crosses fingers*

I so prefer him to Tony.. I don't know much about how Tony performs on stage, I'm sure he's a great actor and all, but from the AI cast recording, I just don't like it when he sings... He has this incredible theatrical and annoying voice. Specially in St. Jimmy and KYE. It just doesn't click to me.

Billie replacing him is just the most amazing thing! When I first saw the news, I was thinking how the musical would be just perfect like that, 'cause he is replacing the only voice I didn't like (as much as the others)!

No offence to Tony, or to people who actually love his voice and all... I'm just expressing my own opinion, not saying I hate him or his voice :happy: .

Since I'm too lazy to go through ten pages of thread, did we get any good videos/audio (besides the GR posted above) from last night? :dance:

No pics of shirtless St Billie, though, I'm guessing :sleep:

First off, Tubbie Head, you do know that vla313 is referring to Joshua Kobak as St. Jimmy not Billie as St. Jimmy, right?

Also, Billie isn't replacing Tony. He's standing in or subbing. Tony will be back. And the way that Tony sings in the show is how he was directed to sing. Go listen to Tony's other music... not the "St. Jimmy" voice that we hear in 'American Idiot.' That's why it's so amusing to me when I heard Tony actually speak. :lol: Because it's not what you expect. You kinda expect... I don't know, David Beckham's voice. Heh...

I am so sorry that you won't be able to come to this, J'net. I already have a ticket for tonight, but I just wanted to let you know that how sad I am that you won't be here. :(

Thanks so much, Tanya :). It was my own decision (though there were some pretty heavy things weighing in the balance). I made the right decision, and I know it. So that helps me feel better about missing it ... not good, just better!

I'm going to hope that Billie might do this again sometime - after the tour finishes and at a better time for me. And, if not, I guess I'll just have to remember that I'm a grown-up, and I know I can't do everything I want to. I've certainly had a couple of awesome years with too many great experiences to count, so I'm not going to start saying my life sucks just because I'm missing one thing.

Have I talked myself out of fretting over this yet? :unsure:

Yeah, I think I have. :dance:

But I really really appreciate the support from you and all the people who have emailed, facebooked, and phoned. I'm beyond overwhelmed and touched that people care so much :wub:.

Yeah, I was talking about Josh Koback, sorry, I'm used to calling him JoKo from his Rent days. I actually don't really mind Tony's voice, I def enjoy it more live than on the recording, but II just prefer Josh's acting. Tony...I just have to laugh at because my friends all knew him back in the 90s when he had blond fluffy hair and wrote Christian music. lol. But yeah, he definitely uses a St. Jimmy voice, his normal voice is considerably different.

First off, Tubbie Head, you do know that vla313 is referring to Joshua Kobak as St. Jimmy not Billie as St. Jimmy, right?

Also, Billie isn't replacing Tony. He's standing in or subbing. Tony will be back. And the way that Tony sings in the show is how he was directed to sing. Go listen to Tony's other music... not the "St. Jimmy" voice that we hear in 'American Idiot.' That's why it's so amusing to me when I heard Tony actually speak. :lol: Because it's not what you expect. You kinda expect... I don't know, David Beckham's voice. Heh...

oh, sorry, I didn't notice who vla313 was referring to :pinch: duh, I'm not much into the Musical news.. Didn't even know that there were other actors doing the same characters from time to time. That pretty much takes away all my hopes that, IF the musical ever comes to Europe, they stick with the same actors... =S

About Tony, I was speaking just in the case of the musical, I don't know any other than that, I might check out his music just to see what your talking about.

If he was directed to sing like that, I think it was a bad direction, I don't know, I just think the voice doesn't fit with the character. :blink:

Btw, Thanks for clarifying all that!

My first response to hearing that Billie Joe would be playing St. Jimmy was "but he cant sing.... oh wait...".

My first response to hearing that Billie Joe would be playing St. Jimmy was "but he cant sing.... oh wait...".

Ahaha :mellow::lol: Were you only focusing on Billie playing guitar in Green Day, rather than singing or what.. jk

zachary quinto from heroes is on broadway

He should be ON Heroes instead :cry: I miss Sylar

This means that he has seen the musical more than once! Cause I know he was at the premier too :woot:

No problem. I'll explain the whole understudy thing a little... :lol:

Every person in the cast has either an understudy (or stand-by, in Van's case) or a swing who know the track.

For St. Jimmy, Tony Vincent is on full-time. However, if he's out, like sick or on leave, he has two understudies- Andrew Call and Joshua Kobak. Andrew's a part of the ensemble and is in the show the entire time in his own track. He also understudies Favorite Son. Kobak's a swing, which means, he's not in the show the entire time but can be call up to sub for an ensemble member if that member is out. So, Kobak technically knows nine tracks (full or partial in the case of Wallace's or Theo's) plus the St. Jimmy's track.

Andrew will be on for St. Jimmy next week from Tuesday to Thursday. Kobak will be on for St. Jimmy from Friday to Sunday evening.

Each one of the St. Jimmy actors have a slightly different way of playing the character. The way they sing the songs go along with how they play the character. There's more to the character than how they sing the songs. So, while you believe that the voice doesn't fit with the character, the way the Tony plays the character, his voice works with it. It's more than just listening to how he sings. He really does get into the character and it works for him. :)

Archived