Billie Joe to play St. Jimmy in the musical

Fuzz

I'm from Poughkeepsie...city, not the town.

Yeah, she told me she was kind of a slut...shocker. :lol:

Theres a town of poughkeepsie?

Last time I was there was last summer to go to The Chance and it took us ages to find it because the "street" its on ISNT A REAL STREET YOU CAN DRIVE ONTO.

omg i feel so OUT~ of it since I don't live in NY.

EAST BAY, PENINSULA/SOUTH BAY, SAN FRANCISCO, MARINE COUNTY, NAPA COUNTY.

THERE. TALKING ABOUT YOUR STATE. ;)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres a town of poughkeepsie?

Last time I was there was last summer to go to The Chance and it took us ages to find it because the "street" its on ISNT A REAL STREET YOU CAN DRIVE ONTO.

EAST BAY, PENINSULA/SOUTH BAY, SAN FRANCISCO, MARINE COUNTY, NAPA COUNTY.

THERE. TALKING ABOUT YOUR STATE. ;)

City is where the Chance is and all of that, and Town is where Vassar College is..And for the Chance, you're supposed to go down the street behind the building, there's parking and then you go onto the fake street. :lol:

I wish Green Day would play at The Chance and only sell tickets to residents of westchester, putum and dutchess counties muahahaha

Mmm this is making me think of Fishkill which makes me think of Cracker Barrel on Route 9 which is making me hungry.

I wish Green Day would play at The Chance and only sell tickets to residents of westchester, putum and dutchess counties muahahaha

I KEEP SAYING GREEN DAY SHOULD HAVE LIKE A SECRET SHOW AT THE CHANCE OR THE LOFT OR SOMETHING. It'd be PERFECT

FYI: lottery is every day. Student rush is every performance except for Saturday shows and Sunday matinee. Both of those are $27.

Partial view is up to the theatre and it's not guaranteed that they'll have them available. Partial views are usually the boxes and side orchestra and mezz. These are $37.

Are student rush seats any good?

And btw Katherine and Alex, what is the chance?

FUCK YES. AND ITS FOR US SUBURBIANS ONLY AND THEY WILL JUST PLAY JESUS OF SUBURBIA OVER AND OVER AND DEDICATE IT TO THE NEW YORK SUBURBS!

okay, kidding about the last part (playing it over and over), but they'll still dedicate to us.

I live in Poughkeepsie! Once go north of dutchess/ulster county, it's considered upstate.

Ron Blake and I were talking once, and he was all "how's upstate NY?" and I was like lolwut.

Hello, I feel the need to say that I attend SUNY New Paltz :lol:

(though I live in Columbia County)

I can't wait to see this on Saturday :wub:

Mmm this is making me think of Fishkill which makes me think of Cracker Barrel on Route 9 which is making me hungry.

And queens county!

New Paltz is such a cute town omg :wub: I love it there

(though I live in Columbia County)

I can't wait to see this on Saturday :wub:

The mountains there are beautiful!

New Paltz is such a cute town omg :wub: I love it there

jaksdfha sdfomg i know. i visited suny new paltz and fell in love with it except i knew i wouldnt get in and when i didnt i realized i didnt really like the school or the people at all, but i just loved the town.

BUT IM GOING APPLE PICKING EITHER THERE OR RED HOOK ON SATURDAY SO BOOYAHHH

And queens county!

NOPE. but you can claim residence with me for a night and come ;)

The Chance is a small venue in Poughkeepsie!

One of my professors at New Paltz actually works there part time as security :lol:

New Paltz is such a cute town omg I love it there

The mountains there are beautiful!

Definitely! It's so adorable and just has that lovely Hudson Valley landscape :wub:

Anyone else going to the Saturday matinee? :)

Anyone else going to the Saturday matinee? :)

I'm going! :happy:

All this New York talk makes me wanna visit my uncle now.

As a Toledoan, I love your username :lol:

I put a creepy ass pic of Billie as St. Jimmy on one of my work computers. It will probably piss people off, but it's so creepy and hilarious.

People will probably be all "wtf?!"

Decided after a long internal, torturous debate, I'm gonna go Friday morning and try for student rush with Mariann. Hope we can get tickets!

Whoa! I stop reading for 6 hours and this becomes a thread about who's an Upstate NY hick and who's not? Whoa. I grew up on Long Island (not proud of that, but in my defense I grew up in a part that was sans guidos), and, I'm sorry to say, I'm a semi-city snob so basically anyone north of Weshchester lives in "Upstate NY." I'm not really sure why people were saying that Buffalonians get offended when you call them Upstaters. They live in the fucking armpit of New York State (sorry, no offense to anyone here who lives there!). Pshhh. And in our defense, "Upstaters" call us big city folk "downstaters," which sounds like a mental deficiency, but you don't hear us screaming about it ;)

Anyways! I can't wait for tomorrow night! I'm doing everything in my power to restrain from watching any of the video clips. I have a few friends and acquaintances that were there tonight, still waiting to hear their reactions! I'll be at lotto tomorrow because despite already having tickets, I always like sitting in seats where I might get kneed in the eye during the opening.

lol is my last name!!!! :banana:

As a Toledoan, I love your username :lol:

I put a creepy ass pic of Billie as St. Jimmy on one of my work computers. It will probably piss people off, but it's so creepy and hilarious.

Decided after a long internal, torturous debate, I'm gonna go Friday morning and try for student rush with Mariann. Hope we can get tickets!

Omg omg omg yay! So excited!! Alex will be there too btw!

Archived