Billie Joe to play St. Jimmy in the musical

Fuzz

that was amazing... it gave me chills...beautiful.

What song is it, though? The audio's not so great, I couldn't quite identify it :P

It's the end of St. Jimmy, and then I think the beginning of Give Me Novocaine, although the title of the video says She's A Rebel, but I'm pretty sure that's wrong.

I don't think this has ever been posted. It's a little acting bit.

[youtube[

Haha cool. Thanks.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just feel like if you can afford to fly across the country,find a hotel in one of the most expensive cities in the world you can afford to spend 50-100 bucks on a ticket.

And if you are making the sacrifice to do something so last minute do it yourself and not rely on a contest.

I know if this show was still in Berkley and it was happening there, even if I did have the money to fly out there and stay I wouldn't enter the contest unless it included airfare and a hotel so a person who can definitely go to it would get the chance... just as I think its rude to enter a contest to win airfare + hotel + tickets for a show 50 minutes from my own home and give that opportunity to somebody far away.

I just feel like if you can afford to fly across the country,find a hotel in one of the most expensive cities in the world you can afford to spend 50-100 bucks on a ticket.

And if you are making the sacrifice to do something so last minute do it yourself and not rely on a contest.

C'mon, it's over and done with. They were probably picked randomly. Besides, if you could get to NYC and get a chance for a free ticket for something awesome, would you pass it up?

No I wouldnt because I live 30 miles from the city and its not a huge, expensive deal for me to go and unless there is another tornado and the trains are down I can 100% be sure I can get there. But as I said, if I lived far away and was coming from the other side of the country obviously I could afford to get my own tickets.

And I'm not complaining stating my opinion about it because I personally didn't win, I just really don't agree with the way that people enter any contest when they dont even live near the place the event is happening.

No I wouldnt because I live 30 miles from the city and its not a huge, expensive deal for me to go and unless there is another tornado and the trains are down I can 100% be sure I can get there. But as I said, if I lived far away and was coming from the other side of the country obviously I could afford to get my own tickets.

The rules didn't say it was limited to only people close by. If you can get there on your own and you win the tickets, no problem. Besides, it wasn't GDA's fault that someone far away entered. You don't know their plans. Maybe they were going to be there anyway or have some awesome plan. You don't exactly know. They had a chance to win, tried and they did. What else is there?

They said they wanted to go before they won, not that they definitely were. They didnt say they were definitely going until they won the contest.

I still think its silly. I just think people need to get lives. But hey, they wanna spend their whole life flying across the country for anything that slightly relates to Green Day so often, they can do what they want. Especially if they have the money to do that.

I personally wouldnt go that far for anything but an actual concert; real green day and not just one member.

They said they wanted to go before they won, not that they definitely were. They didnt say they were definitely going until they won the contest.

I still think its silly. I just think people need to get lives. But hey, they wanna spend their whole life flying across the country for anything that slightly relates to Green Day so often, they can do what they want. Especially if they have the money to do that.

I personally wouldnt go that far for anything but an actual concert; real green day and not just one member.

And they wanted to travel that far. Some people have come from other countries to see this show. Someone's day was made and I'm happy for them.

It's easy to say that when you live somewhere that Green Day does cool stuff all the time though. Maybe if you didn't live in New York you'd see it differently. If I had the money I'd do it. Whatever makes people happy, eh?

Where was the winner announced? I checked GDA and the thread here and didn't see anything. Was there another contest you're discussing? Just curious as to who won.

that was amazing... it gave me chills...beautiful.

What song is it, though? The audio's not so great, I couldn't quite identify it :P

She's a rebel, the part where St. Jimmy appears and sings "my name is jimmy and.." xD

Let's not argue on here and clutter up the thread...

We weren't arguing, I was just explaining in an out-of-towner's view.

Where was the winner announced? I checked GDA and the thread here and didn't see anything. Was there another contest you're discussing? Just curious as to who won.

It was announced on Twitter. @GreenDayUpdates

We weren't arguing, I was just explaining in an out-of-towner's view.

It was announced on Twitter. @GreenDayUpdates

Ah, didn't check there. Thanks.

Stuff like this almost makes me wish I hated Green Day. :cry:

Then I wouldn't be so abysmally bummed at missing this.

It's easy to say that when you live somewhere that Green Day does cool stuff all the time though. Maybe if you didn't live in New York you'd see it differently. If I had the money I'd do it. Whatever makes people happy, eh?

Well said Hermione. You've got an excellent point.

If I had the cash and was older I'd definitely find a way to get myself out there. :)

Is it weird that I was just thinking that everyone who see this will be able to figure out his new tattoos now? :lol:

actually, you don't need to be physically there to see his new tattoos, as i posted on gda, i was looking the pix in broadwayorld.com, and i saw in one of the last pix, there's a sentence written across his chest, i don't remember seeing that one before, i couldn't read everything, but it was visible.

actually, you don't need to be physically there to see his new tattoos, as i posted on gda, i was looking the pix in broadwayorld.com, and i saw in one of the last pix, there's a sentence written across his chest, i don't remember seeing that one before, i couldn't read everything, but it was visible.

I think that's the one that says something like "be silently dreaming". But there's another one we haven't seen!

Billie's doing it again tonight guuuyyss. That means were gonna get sexeh photos all week long.

Holy shit. Just listened via telephone to BJ singing St. Jimmy, on to She's A Rebel. And now Last Night on Earth. Beautiful, despite the shitty cell phone quality.

Holy shit. Just listened via telephone to BJ singing St. Jimmy, on to She's A Rebel. And now Last Night on Earth. Beautiful, despite the shitty cell phone quality.

PRESS RECORD!

LOL, I don't know if my phone will even do that!

And someone else who is also there just beeped through, probably wanting to let me listen to Last Night on Earth too. Love those girls. :wub:

LOL, I don't know if my phone will even do that!

And someone else who is also there just beeped through, probably wanting to let me listen to Last Night on Earth too. Love those girls. :wub:

Are they on gdc?

Trying to figure out trains and stuff to go see this is soooo stressful when you don't have that much money! Ahhh!! I hate my life.

Anyone want to help a broke GDC-er out and lend me the cash for transportation to and from the city? That's how desperate I am right now. :cry:

Trying to figure out trains and stuff to go see this is soooo stressful when you don't have that much money! Ahhh!! I hate my life.

Anyone want to help a broke GDC-er out and lend me the cash for transportation to and from the city? That's how desperate I am right now. :cry:

but don't you get ANY kind of disscount?

Archived