Billie Joe to play St. Jimmy in the musical

Fuzz

Well done to him, he did himself proud. And to think there's more performances to come :woot:. I'm excited for the next few days.

This just sums it all up! :) It's all so exciting :woot:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaawww the pictures! :wub: I'm 'trying' to see the videos, like always, my internet is so fucking slow! :mad:

Thanks to all who posted pics & vids!

God, now I really wish I could have the great luck, or a miracle to watch Billie... :cry: but well...

He absolutely blew me away! Always doing something new and different, and no one else can do things like him. He's an awesome person and a wonderful artist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot::blush: That's why I love BJ so fuckin' much.

So he did good then? Watching Homecoming now

(i feel so bad when I watch theatre shows on youtube but poop. hopefully people won't film as much near the end of the week)

Awesome pics and vids :dance:

Sooo great :wub:

I hope they take the musical on tour to europe some day :)

Yeah Me too! Want to see it so baaadly!

And yes, the "no camera, no video, no phone" rule is strict. A Broadway show is different from a concert. There isn't, and shouldn't be, people standing, swaying back and forth... singing along... yelling "I love you, Billie!" during the show. It's rude and disrespectful to not only all the audience members but the cast and band that's on stage.

Oh shit... I sit in my seat and rock out and yell out "Amen" during Holiday... can't help myself... but other than that, I'm a good theatergoer, lol.

The videos are amazing! I loved the little clip of LNOE, the musical version of that song is stunning. I hope more of that shows up soon.

From what I've seen in the videos Billie did really well, but the difference between the cast voices and Billie's was really obvious, it didn't really 'gell' at some moments but at others it was perfect.

I really like his outfit, way less exaggerated than Tony's. Although I did want to see a picture of Billie in those pants :lol:

Sitting here smiling at my desk after watching those videos - so great! It looks like he did a great job with the acting and choreography, which was one thing I was interested to see. Thanks to all who shared the videos. :wub:

Plaid ducky - I agree with you about his voice sounding a bit strained. It was really apparent at the beginning of Know Your Enemy. Lots of singing and rehearsing lately, I guess.

About the cameras - perhaps they recorded the show for inside cast reasons. I'm sure BJA would like to see how he did from the audience point of view. They might use these recordings afterward kind of how a football team looks at the "films" after a game, to see what worked and what maybe didn't.

Oh shit... I sit in my seat and rock out and yell out "Amen" during Holiday... can't help myself... but other than that, I'm a good theatergoer, lol.

I think I recall in some interview, one of the guys who do Holiday, I forgot which, said they were hoping to get the crowd to yell the "amen". Sooo I think you're good with that one, haha.

is it true that Billie Joe replaces Tony Vincent due to family problems? what happened to his family? can anyone explain it?

The specifics of Tony/Aspen's "personal family problems" have not been publicized, nor do I guess they should be. Perhaps a family illness or something along those lines. He's back later in October.

I think I recall in some interview, one of the guys who do Holiday, I forgot which, said they were hoping to get the crowd to yell the "amen". Sooo I think you're good with that one, haha.

I think that was Gerard. And I yell it too.

And BJA said at one of the talkbacks, "y'know, you don't have to not move in your seats." I just wouldn't stand up and mosh, that's for sure, lol.

Archived