Billie Joe to play St. Jimmy in the musical

Fuzz

Billie Joe on Broadway?!?! I didn't think I'd ever type those words...

It's times like these I wish I was an American!

I hope there is video, or at least photos!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is pretty much gonna be either a really cool or a cringe- inducing moment. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Definetly souns interesting and worth seeing, but I just don't think St. Jimmy is the right role for him, but the others have way more acting in it. St, Jimmy is kinda aggressive in a way, even how he dresses and i don't think he's gonna shave half his head for - like what? - 5 shows?. I think he would make way a better Tunny or Will.

He doesn't have to shave half his head. The St. Jimmy understudies don't shave their heads either, as far as I know.

And why wouldn't an, in your words, aggressive role be right? I'd like to know why you think that :)

:blink: I really wish i could see this!

Me too!

Travelling next month to New York from Europe and will go to the musical on the 12th of Octobre.

Billie Joe could you please extend your guest appearance for 2 weeks? I know you'll be touring south america but you could travel up and down ;)

I really, really don't know what to make of this.

And I thought you had to be part of Equity or something to do something like this ?

Billie Joe Armstrong - best actor of all time:

:lol: I forgot about that video. Hilariously bad.

But I dunno, I think he takes the musical quite seriously and he wouldn't do it if it was gonna be bad. And basically every GD show he's acting in some way, I think he can pull it off.

gd.com sent the newsletter about this.

"Billie Joe Armstrong in AMERICAN IDIOT"

at the same time as the musical announced it. and billie.

but then billie could not contain the excitement and first tweeted it as a secret. :lol:

because he's such a good actor

lol'ing all over the world.

it should be interesting to see, though. in theory, he'd be the best person for the part.

Ugghhhh I am just so fucking bitter right now :mad:. There is no fucking way I can get away from work to go all the way to New York to see this FML. Why didn't you do this at all in Berkeley while AI was there Billie?

nucking futs. i think i might just have to go. who's in?

Sister's wedding in Maine next weekend and this week is already nucking futs. Otherwise I'd be SO there. :cry:

I think I'm going to go to one of the Sunday shows. Itll take just about every cent in my bank account, but its definitely worth it. Are we sure the dates are inclusive and that he's doing the two Sunday shows? I would hate to buy tickets and miss it.

then again its billie and he can do whatever the hell he wants and pull it off...

^^^ Nails it.

Shit, I absolutely have to get there somehow. We're so broke after going to Phoenix and SF so I guess I have to get down on my knees and beg someone for a loan or something.

Will Billie be doing both the 3pm and 7pm performances or just one?

He doesn't have to shave half his head. The St. Jimmy understudies don't shave their heads either, as far as I know.

And why wouldn't an, in your words, aggressive role be right? I'd like to know why you think that :)

I don't know, I just don't picture him a very St. Jimmy-like. "Aggressive" isn't really what I mean, but it's the best word to describe it. I just could picture him better in a more "normal" role like Will or Tunny (more Will than Tunny). St. Jimmy, I think, is mostly there for the contrast. Sry, I can't really put it in words.

Plus: I'm not conviced that that is a good idea. When I first read the newsletter I thought that was some kind of very late first of April joke.

So much for the last four years of saying "We're not actors, we'll leave it up to the professionals."

What the fuck man.

I wish i could go but theres no way i can convince my parents to drive 20 hours to take me there hopfully someone will take a picture or something :D

So much for the last four years of saying "We're not actors, we'll leave it up to the professionals."

What the fuck man.

He wants to try this.It's not bad. :)

Archived