Billie Joe to play St. Jimmy in the musical

Fuzz

It's not like a concert; it's a Broadway show. If ushers see phones out or anything like that, they will tell that person to put it away. Plus, no one wants to be bothered by a light from a cellphone and people texting. So, we're probably not going to get awesome updates until late tonight/early tomorrow morning.

Just FYI for those believing we'll get awesome updates like we do for the concerts. It most likely won't happen like that.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not like a concert; it's a Broadway show. If ushers see phones out or anything like that, they will tell that person to put it away. Plus, no one wants to be bothered by a light from a cellphone and people texting. So, we're probably not going to get awesome updates until late tonight/early tomorrow morning.

Just FYI for those believing we'll get awesome updates like we do for the concerts.

well, the musical will be over by 9? so I get to see the updates! at least, even if I live so far away, I have the same time zone xDD

How far into the play does St Jimmy first appear by the way?

About halfway through if I'm not mistaken, so we'll still have a while after the show starts.

well, the musical will be over by 9? so I get to see the updates! at least, even if I live so far away, I have the same time zone xDD

The musical is about 1 hour and a half, so it's over at 9:30 pm. Normally. Maybe it will last a bit longer with BJ, who knows?

still, early for me :cool:

EDIT: I know you're not supposed to get in with cameras, but is it reasonable to expect that the same crew might record his part?

I'm so excited for for Billie and the cast but I can't stay up for updates :( (stupid 9am lecture)

Can't wait to see pics/videos/reviews tomorrow :woot: sounds like it'll be awesome as fuck

Have an amazing time everyone who's going!!

Wallace's Tweets:

"@WallaceSmith007: I totally feels like opening night at American Idiot,just has that energy. Billie is going to tear the st James theatre apart!"

"@WallaceSmith007: This week, its not the St James theatre but its St. Billie's theatre!!!!"

The musical is about 1 hour and a half, so it's over at 9:30 pm. Normally. Maybe it will last a bit longer with BJ, who knows?

Nah, he can't exactly ad lib during the show without screwing everyone else in the cast up. :lol: Although I suspect there could be something different or additional in the Good Riddance encore. Bet BJA will at least play the guitar lead, heh.

I've got a giant pile of homework with my name written all over it....

but I can't drag myself away from this thread. D:

Tonight's show starts at 7. They're doing warm-ups right now. They usually the audience in at 6:20/6:30. Show ends around 8:30/8:45. Depending if they start on time.

Just FYI for those believing we'll get awesome updates like we do for the concerts. It most likely won't happen like that.

Agreed. It will be like KFAD during the concert - quiet. And we just discuss what we think is happening!

1 hour to show fuck time.

Wallace's Tweets:

"@WallaceSmith007: I totally feels like opening night at American Idiot,just has that energy. Billie is going to tear the st James theatre apart!"

"@WallaceSmith007: This week, its not the St James theatre but its St. Billie's theatre!!!!"

It's always nice to read tweets like these :happy: And St. Billie's theatre, ahaha. I like that.

I'm curious to see if there will be any publicity shots/video as well for these performances. One of the reasons BJA seems to be doing it is to draw publicity and ticket buyers to the show, so I would think some sort of formal promotional thing would be set up.

Not holding out for anyone to be able to take video or photos during the show - I think the ushers will be on high alert for tonight especially and will be jumping down people's throats if they see anything even slightly resembling a camera. I'll be content if someone comes on here and recaps in a nicely descriptive way how things went tonight. :)

Now that I think of it.. Since Billie is an actual member of the cast now, he can do that "It's fuck time" thing they do before the show starts as well! Lol, great :lol:

I agree! Waiting for afterwards myself. And to see if the AI on Broadway fb page will post some good stuff too! The show is 90 minutes plenty of time to see tweets afterwards.

I bet he'll only be nervous until the steps out on stage. Then he'll be "on" as he always is. So beside nervousness, I bet he's excited too. Just as we are for him!

Totally. He's a born performer and he started off on Broadway songs when he was tiny. I'm sure he's going to enjoy himself very much!

Gotta go to bed. I'm so looking foward to hearing about St. Billie in the morning. So happy and proud for him :happy:

Now that I think of it.. Since Billie is an actual member of the cast now, he can do that "It's fuck time" thing they do before the show starts as well! Lol, great :lol:

that's why he wanted to be in the musical: to say FUCK TIME withut being drunk! xD

Totally. He's a born performer and he started off on Broadway songs when he was tiny. I'm sure he's going to enjoy himself very much!

Gotta go to bed. I'm so looking foward to hearing about St. Billie in the morning. So happy and proud for him :happy:

Sleep well dear. Until the morning!

i've tweeted 50+ times to no avail. :(

I'm going to go start my homework now :P

I just got out of class and all I was doing is thinking about this and counting down to showtime.

I'm giddy like a whore who just found a rich man to screw. :runaround:

Archived