Billie Joe to play St. Jimmy in the musical

Fuzz

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And when Michael Mayer approached Billie with the concept for the musical, Billie not only jumped at it but, I think, the two of them found themselves to be creative soul-mates -- you can tell that from the interviews and the recent talk-backs, and I do *not* think the AI musical will be the last we see of Billie and Michael Mayer collaborating with each other. In short, I see Billie as a highly-focused, ambitious, driven, and multi-talented entertainer with a first-rate work ethic who wasn't going to sit on his ass and pout in the face of an opportunity to perform in a venue/art-form that he has *long* admired. (And if you can't tell) I hold him in high regard for that.

i couldnt agree with you more. i think michael mayer, tom kitt and the rest of the AI creative team and actors are inspiring the FUCK out of him. i couldnt agree more with how you expressed this.

i too hold him in extremely high regard for pushing himself out of his creative comfort zone. as he said at the talkback that i went to that he finds it important to feel that creative fear. and i think we can be pretty fucking certain he's feeling some fear today!

Apparently he ain't shaving his head, lol. Bummer

do you have pics already?? xD

Ohhh great! Now that I was about to start my gigantic maths homework, updates start coming :pinch:

do you have pics already?? xD

I can't wait anymore...I'm just too much curious!!! XD

Guess what?!? 4 hours until the curtain rises on Billie Joe as St Jimmy in American Idiot!

2 seconds ago

I realize this isn't very informative, but it's exciting nonetheless :D

So is it about four hours until curtain goes up? I'm not very good with time zones. Thats only midnight here so I suppose I can stay up til 2/3am just to see if there are any updates or anything, cry about not being there. :mellow:

ugh. it's killing me that i can't see this tonight. lol. sigh. but i'm sure it's killing a lot of people right now!

ugh. it's killing me that i can't see this tonight. lol. sigh. but i'm sure it's killing a lot of people right now!

Ugh...same here. The energy in the St. James tonight is gonna be so intense. I wanna be a part of it so bad. lol.

I just gotta hold out until Saturday. Le sigh...

Yeah, it's killing me. I soo wanna go to New York this week, but I can't. Right now I hate living in Europe... -.-

Yeah, it's killing me. I soo wanna go to New York this week, but I can't. Right now I hate living in Europe... -.-

same here, now i feel so helpless.. so many people desperately need to see that, and it's unfair that only a part of them would.

The musical should come to Europe... It really should.

I'm absolutely counting on it going to the west end. why shouldn't it?

I am really excited for him :happy: I mean, why not do something this awesome if you get the chance? Not that many people have been in a musical on broadway - THAT THEY FUCKING WROTE. As someone who plans to work on broadway someday, all I can think to say is, "get it Billie!" :dance:

Billie Joe Armstrong - best actor of all time:

:lol: x1000000

me too, it better bloody had do.

I'm really excited for him, it must be amazing for him to do something completely different instead of just watching his work unfold in front of him onstage. But to actually be in it, I can't wait to see reviews and pictures etc. :happy:

The musical should come to Europe... It really should.

This

Me too, but do you think it will transfer to London? A Musical called 'American Idiot'?

I've just decided that it will be ever since it opened, my way of coping with the fact I couldn't see it was that before long it will be over here.

But I doubt Billie will ever do this again, even if it was at the West End, gawdddddd I wish I could be there SO BAD. WORDSCANNOTDESCRIBE.

Me too, but do you think it will transfer to London? A Musical called 'American Idiot'?

The album transferred over to here and the rest of the world pretty well! I don't think it'd be a problem.

The album transferred over to here and the rest of the world pretty well! I don't think it'd be a problem.

I hope so!! I hope they do it then.... argh... I would go see it so many times it would be unreal.

Archived