Billie Joe to play St. Jimmy in the musical

Fuzz

ive stayed at the JANE STREET HOTEL. miniscule rooms and shared bathroom but its all clean and it was $99. also, its in west village, great part of town.

Thank you :) there's no availability unfortunately x

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been thinking about this for hours and I still can't quite get my head round it. Has a little voice inside Billie been going ''I JUST WANT TO DANCE GODDAMMIT !'' all these years ?

I've been thinking about this for hours and I still can't quite get my head round it. Has a little voice inside Billie been going ''I JUST WANT TO DANCE GODDAMMIT !'' all these years ?

No, it's saying, "I want to be on Broadway." It's a dream for many an entertainer!

I'll admit, that I want to see it. I want to know how he pulls this off. But...I'm just kind of sick of this whole musical thing. Yeah, I saw it and I loved it, but I don't like how it's completely hijacked their entire career and image.

So 20+ years out the window, right? God DAMN that musical. :rolleyes:

No, it's saying, "I want to be on Broadway." It's a dream for many an entertainer!

But is he an 'entertainer' or a singer/songwriter ?

I'm tired of people thinking the musical is 'taking away' from the band. If they want to be involved or not is the decisions of Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool. No one else. And guess what? They like it.

If Billie wants to play St. Jimmy for a week and the people involved want him to, then so be it. He's Billie Joe Fucking Armstrong and he'll do whatever he damn well pleases. No one's putting a gun to your head and forcing you to pay attention!

lolololololol. 0:39

Both.

Both. He's definitely an entertainer, in every sense of the word.

It is strange, Billie on a musical, I don't see him, but if he likes it and he wants it, there'e no problem, but I' like that Mike and Tre could had the oportunity to do something in the musical as Billie does. That could have been epic.

The lotto is still happening. Someone asked on the AI FB page, and they replied that there was still lotto. So don't fret!

YESSSSSSSS.

I think this is fantastic news and I know Billie isn't really going to be reading any of this - however I wish him every ounce of luck. I'm really pleased for him!! :banana:

Being English, I won't be able to go and see it much as I'd love to! I can't believe that some people on the board are being negative about this - I think he will do a great job and will surprise a lot of people. I saw the clip of the TV show "Haunted" that Billie briefly acted in and thought he did quite well, especially compared to other musicians who seem to think they can act! Ha! Mentioning no names!

Anyway, I think it's a great piece of news. Well done gorgeous - go & get 'em! Or as we say in theatre land - break a leg!!

He is both, definitely. He puts as much into performing the songs as he does writing them. I've always thought, watching him live, that if he had the right kind of outlet he'd be a good actor - that said I still can't picture it.

Not to say it won't be good, I just can't picture it. This is unlike anything we've ever seen him do before! I wish him all the luck in the world and i'm pleased for him.

He is both, definitely. He puts as much into performing the songs as he does writing them. I've always thought, watching him live, that if he had the right kind of outlet he'd be a good actor - that said I still can't picture it.

Exactly!

I also can't picture it, because it's just so different, that makes it more than exciting to see!! (yes see, because I will stay positive about it being recorded!) this will be just EPIC!!

As others have said, he is both. And didn't he just refer to GD concerts as theatrical? I think that was the term he used. So yes, he is a singer, songwriter and he enters his fans with this onstage theatrics. St. Jimmy seems, to me, to be a natural progression.

I'm tired of people thinking the musical is 'taking away' from the band. If they want to be involved or not is the decisions of Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool. No one else. And guess what? They like it.

If Billie wants to play St. Jimmy for a week and the people involved want him to, then so be it. He's Billie Joe Fucking Armstrong and he'll do whatever he damn well pleases. No one's putting a gun to your head and forcing you to pay attention!

what he does relating to the musical or the band is public and every single person can judge him...good fans aren't those who always think their idols are right but good fans are those who are able to approch to what their idols do honestly...

what he does relating to the musical or the band is public and every single person can judge him...good fans aren't those who always think their idols are right but good fans are those who are able to approch to what their idols do honestly...

But the musical is "hijacking their career" and "hijacking their image?" Really? I know everyone is entitled to their opinions but that's a little extreme, don't you think?

I just don't think I'll fully believe it's properly happening until I see photo's and hopefully some footage. I'm not saying this in a good or bad way (and certainly not to reignite the age old 'sell out' issue) but I can't imagine anyone from the band openly admitting they'd seriously want to go on Broadway during say, the Insomniac era.

Agreed. He can decide for himself what he wants to do, and we can decide for ourselves whether we like/enjoy what he does or not. Nothing wrong with everyone having their own opinion.

I, however, think he's going to be great! He's a born performer. I'm the first to admit I'm not into the musical but I'm so ridiculously excited about this :lol:. I can't wait to hear all about it and (hopefully!!!) see at least a little tiny bit of it to see what it's like.

I just don't think I'll fully believe it's properly happening until I see photo's and hopefully some footage. I'm not saying this in a good or bad way (and certainly not to reignite the age old 'sell out' issue) but I can't imagine anyone from the band openly admitting they'd seriously want to go on Broadway during say, the Insomniac era.

But Billie's orginal background in music is Broadway muscial theatre songs. So before he ever knew about punk music, he knew about Broadway. Obviously later his tasted changed, but then comes along AI and here he is full circle back to Broadway.

It just doesn't seem to illogical to me. (not meaning to argue with you, btw. just stating my opinion as are you and I respect yours too.)

But Billie's orginal background in music is Broadway muscial theatre songs. So before he ever knew about punk music, he knew about Broadway. Obviously later his tasted changed, but then comes along AI and here he is full circle back to Broadway.

It just doesn't seem to illogical to me. (not meaning to argue with you, btw. just stating my opinion as are you and I respect yours too.)

I'm geniunely glad for him, he's obviously passionate about performing under any guise and the rest of the band support him. It's just a bit different I suppose. And intruiging.

And I know you're not arguing, it's fine to have a slightly different opinion :)

I'm geniunely glad for him, he's obviously passionate about performing under any guise and the rest of the band support him. It's just a bit different I suppose. And intruiging.

And I know you're not arguing, it's fine to have a slightly different opinion :)

Good. I didn't want our differing opinions to be felt as anger.

I also think he's just enjoying every opportunity of life that is coming his way. Why not grab the brass ring if it's extended and enjoy the ride? What not try new and different experiences? Life would certainly be boring if he was only allowed to write songs, make records and do concerts. (actually that sounds pretty good to me. hahahaha) But you know what I mean. Why not explore others musical options? Why not take yourself out of your comfort zone and go for broke? I think that's really one of the reasons I like the band so much, Billie's songwriting so much and the musical so much. They play with their comfort zones all the time and so far have achieved greatness each step of the way. This is just the next one for Billie.

Archived