Billie Joe to play St. Jimmy in the musical

Fuzz

I wanna go to this so bad! Being unemployed sucks :(

I know the feeling. I technically do have enough money to fly over to the states and buy a ticket etc. But I have to take into account college costs, food, bills etc. And it's just too short notice. I am so pissed off that reality is stopping me from doing something that I would truly love.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the feeling. I technically do have enough money to fly over to the states and buy a ticket etc. But I have to take into account college costs, food, bills etc. And it's just too short notice. I am so pissed off that reality is stopping me from doing something that I would truly love.

Exact same situation here :/

I feel your pain

I have been waiting when someone offer him a role in some movie. I think he's so instinctive,i'm sure he would play well for of a similar character's role . So now St.Jimmy here, this is a part itself on its own, and I TRUST HIM!!!

And someone from New York don't want adopt me ,and take me to the show? I promise I'll be good, and I can fit in small places. Please :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This is exactly what happens to me all the time, for things I really want to see, like this situation and of course the FHT shows. SO SO frustrating!

Sometimes I even start looking for flights and counting my saved money. :pinch:

I do the same thing sometimes.. :sleep: It's not getting me anywhere though, cause it's simply impossible for me to go to NY. I'm not allowed to go, I wouldn't have any money left etc.. The same thing with the FHT shows. Frustrating indeed xD Oh well, I'm happy I could go to the Green Day shows, so I'll try to stay positive (:

sooooo pissed at being Australian right now :(

I really can't see how this will work, seeing as Tony Vincest is just PERFECTION as St Jimmy, but I'm sure Billie will make it his own

(I really wanna see Billie in Tony's stupidly high-waisted pants though :lol: )

I just wish I could see this. I feel so gutted that I'm missing out - I LOVE the musical

I hope a shitload of GDCers get to go, and I hope that you all take illeagal photos and videos so the rest of us can see this!

sooooo pissed at being Australian right now :(

I really can't see how this will work, seeing as Tony Vincest is just PERFECTION as St Jimmy, but I'm sure Billie will make it his own

(I really wanna see Billie in Tony's stupidly high-waisted pants though :lol: )

I just wish I could see this. I feel so gutted that I'm missing out - I LOVE the musical

I hope a shitload of GDCers get to go, and I hope that you all take illeagal photos and videos so the rest of us can see this!

This!

Haha, I was thinking about the high waist pants earlier today. I wonder if they're gonna change the encore or if Billie is gonna do stage door. Imagine how insane the crowd would be if he did!

My friend flew out to New York yesterday morning but she's not a fan of the band or the show so she won't be going. Makes me sad that someone who can actually witness this historical event won't go and watch it... :cry:

This!

Haha, I was thinking about the high waist pants earlier today. I wonder if they're gonna change the encore or if Billie is gonna do stage door. Imagine how insane the crowd would be if he did!

My friend flew out to New York yesterday morning but she's not a fan of the band or the show so she won't be going. Makes me sad that someone who can actually witness this historical event won't go and watch it... :cry:

I was in the US 2 weeks ago!

if only I could have afforded a longer stay.

I want to move to the East bay and leave Perth behind forever.

I really, really, REALLY wanna see Billie's outfit for this.

and I wonder how they are gonna make it work with the graphics on the screens, because they have pre-recorded images of Tony Vincent...

hmm

I was in the US 2 weeks ago!

if only I could have afforded a longer stay.

I want to move to the East bay and leave Perth behind forever.

I really, really, REALLY wanna see Billie's outfit for this.

and I wonder how they are gonna make it work with the graphics on the screens, because they have pre-recorded images of Tony Vincent...

hmm

theyll record a new bunch...that is gonna be awesomeeeeeeeeeeeee

I was thinking about the videotaped parts, also - and thinking how those would all have to be redone. Like the part where St Jimmy "merges" into Johnny and stuff. I think this has all been planned for some time!

You know, there is more to St. Jimmy's choreography than I originally thought once I started trying to remember it. There is the real dancing part with Johnny while they sing "it's comedy and tragedy," kind of that tongue-in-cheek vaudeville dancing. But there are other parts, where he is kind of slinking around Johnny when Johnny is first getting addicted and stuff that requires some dramatic acting. So, yeah, this will be interesting to see for you lucky people who get to see it.

I am also curious to see if Billie Joe will belt out that one "Wahhhhh" note that Tony sings operatically during Know Your Enemy! :lol:

It's going to be interesting, I am dying to hear from the first people who go how this turns out. I can't go myself this time, but what an amazing experience for those who can go!

I really think BJA will wear his own "look," probably some variation on the original St. Jimmy costume. Doubt he will do anything much different with his hair, although I would like to see it back to black for the role. I can see it totally spiked out in this role.

i really feel like if you see the show more then once you should be able to bring your ticket back and be able to get a discount

49 bucks for balcony is a crime

i really feel like if you see the show more then once you should be able to bring your ticket back and be able to get a discount

49 bucks for balcony is a crime

Cheaper than other shows. Count your blessings.

no but someone said they are NOT doing lotto this week

and i really have no money

so this sucks i have no idea what to do

Anyone know of any cheap hotels, B&B's around the theatre ? Within 2 miles is fine to walk, I've searched high and low online but just wondered if there were any hidden gems around times Square etc? x

Anyone know of any cheap hotels, B&B's around the theatre ? Within 2 miles is fine to walk, I've searched high and low online but just wondered if there were any hidden gems around times Square etc? x

No such thing as a cheap hotel in the city, tbh. And if there is, it's probably really grimy.=/

I'm sorta bummed I can't see it on his first day, but I have classes all week. Saturday it is!!

This is a beastly time of year to try to get an inexpensive hotel in NYC. Try googling for a hostel. You might share a room and/or a bathroom and it will still cost you maybe $99, but better than $200!

No such thing as a cheap hotel in the city, tbh. And if there is, it's probably really grimy.=/

I'm sorta bummed I can't see it on his first day, but I have classes all week. Saturday it is!!

This is a beastly time of year to try to get an inexpensive hotel in NYC. Try googling for a hostel. You might share a room and/or a bathroom and it will still cost you maybe $99, but better than $200!

Ah thankyou, I thought it might have been a shot in the dark but still worth a go :)

The lotto is still happening. Someone asked on the AI FB page, and they replied that there was still lotto. So don't fret!

ive stayed at the JANE STREET HOTEL. miniscule rooms and shared bathroom but its all clean and it was $99. also, its in west village, great part of town.

I don't like how it's completely hijacked their entire career and image.

Question: nearly two straight years of touring plus forthcoming live and studio albums that have *nothing* to do with the show means that their "entire career and image" has been "hijacked"? :unsure:

Archived