Billie Joe to play St. Jimmy in the musical

Fuzz

This.

I've gone through it all, I told my parents I'll sell my car when I got back to pay them back but then they told me it belongs to them so it wouldn't be my money anyway. I've said I'll pull out of our music trip to Belgium next year and although I'd lose my £150 deposit I could use the money I would pay for that to pay my parents back for the money I'd have to borrow as its such short notice. I told them they would also never have to get me birthday presents, Christmas presents etc so all the money thing would be fine if they would just lend me it for a month or two.

I've found my flight, hotel, tickets. Everything would be sorted if it wasn't all just theoretical. They just refuse to take it seriously even though I'd do anything to be there. Its just resulted in my dad arguing with me about how he never expected me to turn out like this and that even though Green Day are good I shouldn't be so besotted with them.

I can't stop thinking about this, can't get my head around the face Billie is on Broadway. Its mental. To be there would just be unbelievable, those going are so lucky.

I'm sorry you can't see it cause of your folks. :( I'm really happy my family supports me with my Green Day obsession. They didn't understand it all that well until my ma and brother went to a show with me. Since then, they've supported me all the way, cause they saw first hand how amazing of a band they are. If you guys ever get the chance, bring them with you to one of their concerts or to the musical, it could help them learn to accept/support your obsession. :)

And to those who were asking, St. Jimmy's lines are all sung, and there isn't really any dancing, more of a lot of running around.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, good point. But he can tell me it's too expensive to buy the tickets and guilt trip me about it. Or complain the whole time leading up to the concert (like he did for Lolla)! And he is starting to give me grief for wanting to see AI again when (if) we go to NYC in December.

But all is good. I ignore him and make the plans anyway!

True true. But hey, it's a musical, that's cultural and intellectual and all that kind of stuff. ;)

Haha. You're doing the right thing making the plans anyway :thumbsup:

Well I'm fairly surprised now that my parents have started to realise how much Green Day mean to me. Like my dad saying things like he never expected me to turn out like this, its like they've kind of acknowledged, finally nearly six years on, that this band are my life. The shit thing is they can't understand it and think that if they say no to me I'll just get over it. Even though they should realise they were wrong about that because I still go on about them not letting me go to Milton Keynes all that time ago :lol:

For once I do understand where they are coming from though, I mean I'm seventeen years old asking whether I fly across the atlantic, on my own when I've probably never been further than 20 miles away totally on my own, spending close to a thousand pounds on seeing a Broadway show. They must think I'm mental to even suggest it. I wish they had something in their life like Green Day so they could understand.

Ha, good they're kind of acknowledging it (:

Yeah... it's so weird. If you look at it from the one side, it's completely ridiculous (like, I've been thinking about it myself as well. Going to NY to see the musical, in like April/May or something, if it would still be running by then.), going to the US alone and spending so much money on seeing a less than two hours long show. And then on the other side, it makes sense. In a way.

If you look at it in a rational way, it is quite the mental idea, and if you look at it from a fan's perspective, it's just dedication and wanting something really bad.

I can't wait to see how Billie Joe adds his own twist to the character.

This! Why am I not in the US? :(

I was actually gonna fly over and go to see this!!!! Its going to be awesome. I started planning and realised I wont be able to get the time off work because i'm going to Amsterdam in 10 days. I'm so upset!!! :(

This should be cool, and pretty funny. =D I can't wait to see how Billie Joe adds his own twist to the character.

He seems to really get into character when he performs that song live so I can imagine he'll get fairly crazy :dance: It must be so crazy for the cast rehearsing with him :woot:

This! Why am I not in the US? :(

Haha. I really wish I had waited to see the musical. I saw it in July, but I live in Wisconsin, so it's not like I can just hop on a bus and leave for NYC to see it again. =P Ticket prices have gone down so much for it, too.

lol...that was an easy fight!

I wasn't fighting. I was simply just saying that I hope there isn't any acting involved because he isn't very good at it

No, I am sincerely going back and forth - I've to the travelocity site up, plane trip all ready, the ticket - I think I'm going to give it overnight and decide tomorrow morning before I go to work.

I wish I weren't arguing with my mother currently - she would "puppy sit"

He seems to really get into character when he performs that song live so I can imagine he'll get fairly crazy :dance: It must be so crazy for the cast rehearsing with him :woot:

I can't believe none of them have died from being starstruck. xD

I'm totally going. Without a doubt. I just don't know if it'll be hard to get tickets, I'm so afraid they'll sell out before I can get to the bank and stuff.

I wasn't fighting. I was simply just saying that I hope there isn't any acting involved because he isn't very good at it

xD We all remember the SNL episode.....

Haha. I really wish I had waited to see the musical. I saw it in July, but I live in Wisconsin, so it's not like I can just hop on a bus and leave for NYC to see it again. =P Ticket prices have gone down so much for it, too.

Thats the thing, you can get there! People who live in the USA right now don't know how lucky they are. I know its a big country, but it's still one country! You can get there without passports or any of that hassle!

All of St Jimmy's lines in the musical are sung. So it's gonna be more performing than acting. With that in mind he should be fine!

Oh my God I just stopped breathing for about five seconds.

I NEED. TO. GET. TO. NEW YORK. FASTTTT.

I hate being a minor. D:

I can't believe none of them have died from being starstruck. xD

I know! They're probably used to him by now, and Mike and Tre as well. :happy:

I'm sorry you can't see it cause of your folks. :( I'm really happy my family supports me with my Green Day obsession. They didn't understand it all that well until my ma and brother went to a show with me. Since then, they've supported me all the way, cause they saw first hand how amazing of a band they are. If you guys ever get the chance, bring them with you to one of their concerts or to the musical, it could help them learn to accept/support your obsession. :)

And to those who were asking, St. Jimmy's lines are all sung, and there isn't really any dancing, more of a lot of running around.

Ahh, you're really lucky that they understand it. Well, my brother loves them, not in the same way as I do, but they are his favourite band by a mile. My brother and both parents came to see them in Manchester this year. My parents admitted that it is actually the best thing they have ever seen, they were seriously impressed and with me in the house they know all their music off by heart even if they don't want to. They just can't understand the extent of my love for them. Like the difference between thinking a band are really good and them being your favourite and being completely obsessed with them and devoting a large portion of your life to them. God, sounds so weird writing it like that :lol:

Ha, good they're kind of acknowledging it (:

Yeah... it's so weird. If you look at it from the one side, it's completely ridiculous (like, I've been thinking about it myself as well. Going to NY to see the musical, in like April/May or something, if it would still be running by then.), going to the US alone and spending so much money on seeing a less than two hours long show. And then on the other side, it makes sense. In a way.

If you look at it in a rational way, it is quite the mental idea, and if you look at it from a fan's perspective, it's just dedication and wanting something really bad.

Haha yeah, everyone should be able to see it from our point of view! Its a shame people can't understand. In a couple of years when its totally up to me what I do with my money I'll be able to do all these things that seem ridiculous to my friends and family. And be skint all the time.

Thats the thing, you can get there! People who live in the USA right now don't know how lucky they are. I know its a big country, but it's still one country! You can get there without passports or any of that hassle!

Haha yeah that's true. It's a little easier for us. But especially since I can't go on my own because I'm only 16, money is an issue and so is school. So....I doubt many people my age who don't live in New York will be able to go anyway. =/

While true we're just one country, it's still expensive if you live out of the area. Airfare, hotel, theatre tickets, meals, taxis...not always in the budget on a moment's notice. :cry:

I know their is no possible way of getting myself to NYC for these shows, but yet I find myself looking up flights to New York. :rolleyes::lol:

And you know what's really sickening, I have a cousin who lives in Manhattan, all I would have to pay for is the flights and ticket. But unfortunately I don't have enough money for those either :(

While true we're just one country, it's still expensive if you live out of the area. Airfare, hotel, theatre tickets, meals, taxis...not always in the budget on a moment's notice. :cry:

Oh I totally get that. I'm not saying just because you live in the USA you should be able to go to it automatically, it just makes it a little easier!

I know their is no possible way of getting myself to NYC for these shows, but yet I find myself looking up flights to New York. :rolleyes::lol:

And you know what's really sickening, I have a cousin who lives in Manhattan, all I would have to pay for is the flights and ticket. But unfortunately I don't have enough money for those either :(

Claire if you find something, let me know!

I'll bet the second he walks on stage - he stops the show - standing ovation

I agree. I can so see this happening. And I hope it does!

I agree. I can so see this happening. And I hope it does!

Awh no I hope it doesn't. I'd hate for the show to be ruined by the "celebrity" aspect of it. If there are genuine Broadway people there to see if it's a good musical, I wouldn't want it ruined by Green Day fans going mad about Billie being there

I can't wrap my head around the idea of like, the musical just going as usual, and St. Jimmy starts and when St. J comes out on stage, there's Billie.

Archived