Billie Joe to play St. Jimmy in the musical

Fuzz

I dont really know how I feel about this =/

1. I mean, it's great he's being a part of this, but also I think it's going a bit too far.

2. We all know how great Billie's acting skills are :lol: Im scared this could bring bad reviews to the show.

but of course, this means more people will go, and Im really excited for the ones that get a chance to do so!

cant wait for reviews or videos :)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mother said that he'll wear a wig! :lol::lol:

Right! If he want to characterize for the role, he will probably realy do something which his hair!! :o

well i really hope billie takes this way as well otherwise it'd be :cry:

Is he goin' to play st.jimmy the character or the song? (yeah I'm dorky)

definitely the entire character. cuz the guy tony vincent who normally plays him is on a leave.

definitely the entire character. cuz the guy tony vincent who normally plays him is on a leave.

wooow!! That is :woot: :woot: *dies*

I think this is awesome! :happy:

I have to admit I never would have thought about Billie playing in a musical, let alone a staged version of American Idiot, but it's something new. The acting he did on tv so far wasn't that impressive in my opinion, so it will be very interesting to see how well he can play the St. Jimmy character. I can totally imagine him trying to be as much of the character as possible though, and they're not 'just' giving him that opportunity. I'm sure it'll be a nice.. idk, addition or change to the musical, and most likely more tickets will be sold now xD If only I didn't live in Europe at the moment, I would immediately buy tickets, but that's not possible. Btw, like I said in one of the other threads about this.. Someone better record this in some way! All of us need to see this :happy: And I CAN'T wait to see if people can manage recording him when he's singing Last Night on Earth or Homecoming. It would be epic.

Yeah I read Tony Vincent is leaving for "personal reasons"

Anyone know what happened?

My respect level for Billie's just gone through the roof, I think it's so brave of him to even try this, I hope he does a good job. I can't believe he's actually going to it, I feel like I'm in a dream or something, it's just so odd :lol:

I'd have to charge it, but it's possible - would have to line up people to walk the dog and stuff - decisions decisions - can't REALLY afford it - but when would I ever be able to see Billie Joe on Broadway? Oh God! Should I do it?

We got some tickets to giveaway for Friday. I wanted to help some more people get to see this.

Details will be on GDA tomorrow.

That is really awesome. Can't wait to read the details about this. :happy:

I know because of his appearances on TV shows like on Jimmy Kimmel's xmas special a couple years ago, and then some random TV show that I forget the name of atm.

I'm pretty sure the Jimmy Kimmel thing was way overacted on purpose...

although his acting on the two tv shows he's done also wasn't too impressive.

But, as I've already said, haha, acting in front of a camera is entirely different from acting in a musical/play i.e. on stage.

This is exactly what happens to me all the time, for things I really want to see, like this situation and of course the FHT shows. SO SO frustrating!

Sometimes I even start looking for flights and counting my saved money. :pinch:

Yeah..

and lol, that's exactly what I just did.. :sleep:

I'd have to charge it, but it's possible - would have to line up people to walk the dog and stuff - decisions decisions - can't REALLY afford it - but when would I ever be able to see Billie Joe on Broadway? Oh God! Should I do it?

If i could get there I would spend whatever it took. The one and only time you'll ever see Billie in that situation!

I'd do it in an instant, but thats just me

Now, I would like to live in USA especially in NY just to see that! :lol: I hope for a video or pictures in the following days... :happy:

This is going to be AWESOME. And the voice! :D

Now I just have to figure out how to get to New York. :(

GAHHHHHHHH!!

Haunted was amazing acting btw. How dare you... :lol:

Somebody HAS to fim this! :happy:

I don't know what happened, but I do know that he's going on vacation in October. Don't know when exactly, though. I only read it in the AI Musical thread.

well i really hope billie takes this way as well otherwise it'd be :cry:

Ahhh... but it would be very cool to see how he would look!

And hair grows and Billie's hair grows fast! :D

They said he'd be back after a couple weeks.

DO it!

it's historic, EPIC!

Ahhh... but it would be very cool to see how he would look!

And hair grows and Billie's hair grows fast! :D

yeah i know but still one side shaved nah =/ idk it would nt suit him :lol:

He is a showman and will be very good as St. Jimmy. It will suit him well!

This man can do ANYTHING he sets his mind to! Not a doubt in my mind.

And i'm STILL grinning like a motherfucker.

omg. It's so frustrating how technically I could go see this. But then if I look at it in an even remotely realistic way, it's impossible. But just that theoretically I could probably muster up the money and go is frustrating. :lol:

I know what you mean. I know I could scrape together and technically make it there, but down on paper it makes no sense and doesn't add up....if that makes sense lol

Just go for it. :dance:

acting in front of a camera is entirely different from acting in a musical/play i.e. on stage.

Yeah, I can see him being able to pull off theatre acting easier somehow. If this works out well they should get Mike as Johnny/JOS and tre as Whatsername when John and Rebecca are off :woot:

If i could get there I would spend whatever it took. The one and only time you'll ever see Billie in that situation!

I'd do it in an instant, but thats just me

Thanks for the feedback

Haunted was very good acting - but I thought at the end right before he did the long punch line - if you want to call it that - you could see just a little nervous ness - like - here's my big line - I definitely enjoyed it - but it wasn't great acting -

Archived