Billie Joe to play St. Jimmy in the musical

Fuzz

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw this review, and I thought I'd share. This guy gets it. :) and that's really cool to me.

http://davemarsh.us/?p=796

he TOTALLY gets it! thanks for posting. i thought the american idiot theatrical experience was turned up several rock-notches with billie's performance. i wish it could be at that frenzied level all the time.

There's one similarity between both good and bad reviews of anything Green Day related:

The cringingly campy review titles. :lol:

You're all welcome :)

Thanks for posting. It's really nice to read when someone really gets what AI is suppose to be about!

At first reading it, I thought he was going to say something negative, but then I read on, and I was pleasantly surprised. It's certainly not your typical 'musical', and the fact that someone who doesn't usually like musicals, got what this one was about and loved it, made my insides smile. :happy:

And yeah, Abbey - I think that whole theater came alive last week. The whole place was filled with energy you could almost touch. And not to be negative for how it usually is, because it's usually very full of energy - it was just different, magical-like and wonderful.

Not sure if I mentioned this, but I was there with my daughter on Sunday night, and at the part where Whatsername yelled at Johnny during Letterbomb and St Billie did the 'Shut the fuck up,' thing - I looked over at my daughter, and she was laughing so hard, and :lol: we both looked at each other and cracked up. That was a great little addition. Honestly, not sure if Tony Vincent does that, too, but I never noticed it.

I'm sure it's alerady been posted and discussed, but I've just seen this video and oh my, it's wonderful!

Holy SHIT he's just amazing. I....I don't know what else to say.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I am sorry I haven't been on here to recap yet.

I am still in bed trying to keep my leg up & my back is in a lot of pain.I so want to give

recap but want 2 give it the attention to detail it deserves & hard to do while in pain.

I am sorry its taking so long.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I am sorry I haven't been on here to recap yet.

I am still in bed trying to keep my leg up & my back is in a lot of pain.I so want to give

recap but want 2 give it the attention to detail it deserves & hard to do while in pain.

Serously we'll wait! Just feel better and then when you do, you'll be able to think more clearly when you post.

I just saw this review, and I thought I'd share. This guy gets it. :) and that's really cool to me.

http://davemarsh.us/?p=796

Nice! And I agree that he gets it. That bit at the end about the poor girl almost losing her guitar is interesting. Kind of ballsy for Billie Joe to give away a guitar that wasn't even his. :lol: But I'm glad she got to keep it. How disappointing would that have been to have to give it back?

Kind of ballsy for Billie Joe to give away a guitar that wasn't even his. :lol:

And so effin' punk. :dance:

And so effin' punk. :dance:

Hell yeah. And the guy mentioned that it'd probably be taken out of Billie's wages. :rolleyes: I doubt he did the show for the money. He doubled their earnings for a week; I think the show will forgive him.

Dawn, I don't blame you! Rest for as much as you need! We'll be here when you are! :)

Nice! And I agree that he gets it. That bit at the end about the poor girl almost losing her guitar is interesting. Kind of ballsy for Billie Joe to give away a guitar that wasn't even his. :lol: But I'm glad she got to keep it. How disappointing would that have been to have to give it back?

I think the issue was more in regards to the transponder that is IN the guitar than the guitar itself.

John G., told us when he smashed his guitar on the stage at the beginning of the season schedule turnover, they were more upset about the broken transponder than the guitar. I guess they cost a lot of money. But yea, hard to take back a guitar given to you by Billie Joe. I think the audience would have rioted for the woman!

Dawn, I don't blame you! Rest for as much as you need! We'll be here when you are! :)

;)

OH and Tanya, I love the blog you posted about Dawns experience with BJA...well, some of the experience heh

For the earlier post about the woman getting the guitar, the audience DID somewhat riot. Some people around her were arguing with the staff.

And Billie was incredible. Just freaking amazing. I don't know how else to describe it. :lol:

Just uploaded this video on YouTube of the "new" song. :wub:

;)

OH and Tanya, I love the blog you posted about Dawns experience with BJA...well, some of the experience heh

Thanks. Yea, I'm not necessarily into a play-by-play recap on my blog, just the overall jist of stuff. Plus, I really don't know if those guys from AI want their names out there about it, either. Hmmm. Took me a good few minutes to figure if I was going to put them in or not, but then I figured that whoever else writes about it will, so, might as well.

Seriously, the next time there's any kind of Green Day event going on, everybody from GDC needs to have like name tags or something. :lol:

wear the GDC shirts if you bought one :)

Can't wait to read your recap Dawn - hope you feel better soon. :)

When the lady went to hand him the bouquet of flowers, he shook his head and said, 'I can't! No, I can't" a couple times. I think he felt a little awkward and embarassed about taking it - almost like he would insult the rest of the cast by becoming 'the star' or something like that, if that makes sense. His humility always impresses me, and maybe I'm looking too much into it, but he definitely felt funny about taking them at first, or at least that's what I saw.

I think he was trying to thank the cast for the wonderful experience HE just had, but maybe not realizing how much of an impact he had on all of us. (and them, if I may speculate for the cast.) He finally accepted the flowers, and that's when he gave her his guitar - as if he needed to reciprocate. It was a really nice gesture, and I think he just did it without thinking about anything else.

Thanks. Yea, I'm not necessarily into a play-by-play recap on my blog, just the overall jist of stuff. Plus, I really don't know if those guys from AI want their names out there about it, either. Hmmm. Took me a good few minutes to figure if I was going to put them in or not, but then I figured that whoever else writes about it will, so, might as well.

Haha yea pretty much! I mean, some of them did play a big part in making it happen!

that review was great.

it's great to hear things from people who actually get it.

and i had no idea about the guitar incident before that...

here is some backstage footage of dawn, tanya, shannon, julia, maryann and I with billie on sunday night

I actually screamed "OMG, HE'S SO NICE" with this. I'll save this and watch it fully later :)

I must add that this past weekend was simply amazing. We were in town to celebrate a birthday and had bought tickets before the announcement for the Friday night show. Of course we then decided to see it again both Saturday and Sunday. We happened to win the lottery for Sunday night which I was so excited about I was shaking. The show takes your breath away. It is amazing and the energy in the theater like others have said was beyond belief. Sunday night's performance will certainly stay in my heart forever. The tears were streaming down my face as I watched the encore. (Of course the tears in the cast members' eyes only made it that much more of an emotional experience) Love did happen at the St. James and I think everyone in the audience felt it.

I am by no means a new fan but am new to the Green Day Community Boards. I recognized some of you at the St. James this past weekend but felt silly introducing myself. I had been following Dawn's story on the threads and then saw her on the street and wanted to speak to her but I hated to stop her. I do want her to know how much her story inspired me and I am so thankful she received her wish. Part of me does not know how I missed seeing Dawn after the show. I was right near both the girl who received the lyrics and the girl who received the guitar. I went back to use the bathroom and then back to my seat because I thought I left my umbrella. How long after the crowd left was Dawn on stage? After I came out of the theater I saw her not much later on the sidewalk with other supporters. Of course I can be oblivious to things (I missed the crazy fan running after Joey too)

Thanks again for an unforgettable weekend and I hope to get to know many of you in the future.

P.S Does anyone know who the man was taking the pictures near the stage on Sunday night or where they are posted? He took some of the front of the audience and one of my husband getting a guitar pick and would love to have a copy of it.

Don't worry about it, Dawn.

I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

I actually screamed "OMG, HE'S SO NICE" with this. I'll save this and watch it fully later :)

he is honestly so amazingly sweet!, along with Mike and Tre too of course :bunny:

Guys in this video you can hear Billie sing "oh baby baby it's fuck time" :lol:

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

MY HAPPINESS LEVELS HAVE JUST INCREASED TENFOLD

:D :D :D

Archived