Billie Joe to play St. Jimmy in the musical

Fuzz

To be honest, I was expecting very few, if any, videos. I kinda feel bad for the cast, they are on stage giving their everything to put on this amazing musical, and all people are doing is recording. I thought theaters had a strict no camera policy.

They do, but I was talking to one of the ushers on Saturday, and he said the producers told them not to go after people taking pics, if it was without flash, b/c it was an "event". They were still supposed to go after people filming, but well, it can be hard to figure out if people are just taking pics or actually filming, so stuff got through fairly easily, especially from the upper levels, since they could hold cameras down and be less obvious. Also, about half of the ushers leave after seating, so they had less staff to watch all the angles, a lot of the pics/vids I saw being taken were from the extreme sides where you couldn't see them if you were standing towards the center, which is usually where ushers hang out.

Still, even the people that were taking pics was kinda annoying to the people behind them; I kept getting distracted by the random lights I could see out of the corner of my eye in the darkened theater.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do, but I was talking to one of the ushers on Saturday, and he said the producers told them not to go after people taking pics, if it was without flash, b/c it was an "event". They were still supposed to go after people filming, but well, it can be hard to figure out if people are just taking pics or actually filming, so stuff got through fairly easily, especially from the upper levels, since they could hold cameras down and be less obvious. Also, about half of the ushers leave after seating, so they had less staff to watch all the angles, a lot of the pics/vids I saw being taken were from the extreme sides where you couldn't see them if you were standing towards the center, which is usually where ushers hang out.

Still, even the people that were taking pics was kinda annoying to the people behind them; I kept getting distracted by the random lights I could see out of the corner of my eye in the darkened theater.

I'm very happy that people filmed it cause if they hadn't I couldn't see Billie in the musical

i gave billie a single rose after good riddance, he gave me the handwritten lyrics to the new song he wrote. i'm pretty much still speechless, it means so much to me that he gave me something so special, and the look on his face as he was handing it to me was just so sweet.

That's so sweet. I'm really happy for you! :happy:

Billie's prsence seems to have given the musical a real boost. I know people have commented about the American Idiot cast appearing with Green Day at certain events as if they are forced on the band but I have always felt that Billie is the one who can't tear himself away from the musical and this proves it. I knew he would appear in it at some point. I also love the combined performances.

I haven't had a chance to see the musical either and a dvd would be great. I'm sure it will come to the UK at some point. Hope Billie appears again at a later date. Does anyone know the order of the songs in the musical?

I haven't had a chance to see the musical either and a dvd would be great. I'm sure it will come to the UK at some point. Hope Billie appears again at a later date. Does anyone know the order of the songs in the musical?

I think this order of the songs is right:

American Idiot

Jesus of Suburbia

Holiday

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Favorite Son

Are We the Waiting

St. Jimmy

Give me Novacaine

Last of the American Girls/She's a Rebel

Last Night on Earth

Too Much Too Soon

Before the Lobotomy

Extraordinary Girl

Before the Lobotomy (reprise)

When It's Time

Know Your Enemy

21 Guns

Letterbomb

Wake Me Up When September Ends

Homecoming

Whatsername

(and Good Riddance after the show, at curtain call)

i think they should record their final show in january and put it out as a dvd.

even include some backstage footage and extras.

they would help bring the show to those that can't make it out to nyc to see it and still make a profit after the show ends...

i think it's only fair, being one of the unfortunate ones that can't make it to nyc :cry:

I totally agree. But I think that will (IF) only happen when the musical isn't showing on the theatres.

I am so sorry everyone I know I promised a tell all when I got home. Today has been a mess.

I had to cut my trip short due to poor health. My Right leg swelled up so bad almost couldn't get

shoe on. My back feels like it was hit by a truck. I barely ate while in NYC because my stomach

was in knots. Got very little sleep in 4 days. When I woke up this morning my voice was almost gone

I don't know why because I wasn't screaming or anything. Then to top it all off when I arrived at the airport

at home they have misplaced my luggage which has my camera with all the pics of me and

Billie Joe. Plus the drum sticks that were given to me and signed by drummer, the cast and

Billie Joe is all in my luggage. I had to put everything in my luggage because I can't wheel myself

in the wheelchair and carry all of that. Also I was worried I'd drop everything if I tried. Anyway

the airline swears its in Houston and will be flying in on morning flight. Then I had to

rush and get Billie's name tatted like I promised him before it faded and my tattoo artist had to keep his

shop open waiting on me. But I got it tatted but can't load pics yet because my damn email isn't

working on my phone and it wont picture text. I had to use my phone due to the fact

that my camera is in my luggage in Houston. I will do my best to get it fixed today and

get it up here for you all to see. Right now I have got to try and rest before my leg

swells more and cuts off circulation and I loose my leg sooner than I am. Even though today

was such chaos I was still happy underneath it all because of how amazing it was meeting Billie

Joe and to be able to be face to face with him and say thank you. I will get it all up here for you

soon, please bare with me, I'm kind of a mess health wise. Hopefully I'll feel better after a good long

nap. So thank you everyone for all your kind words and support. I so love my GDC family :hug:

So I am going to get some rest before I wind up in the hospital. But no matter what it was all worth it!

It's okay. We care more about you resting than recapping! Your luggage will come through or shit's going to go down.

It's okay. We care more about you resting than recapping! Your luggage will come through or shit's going to go down.

This!

Aww Dawn, there's no need to apologize!!

You really gotta take a rest, don't worry about coming on here. :)

I hope you get your luggage and feel better soon. :hug:

Like others have said, focus on getting some rest Dawn. :) I hope your luggage arrives ASAP. Leave it to the airport to screw things up...None of us want you to end up in the hospital so just enjoy some time to rest and relax. I hope you get to feeling better soon! :hug:

Your health is much more important. Just focus on getting better.

Hope you feel better soon, Dawn! :hug:

Better to take care of yourself first. We'll still be here when you're ready to post.

and Congrats on getting your wish! :)

I am so sorry everyone I know I promised a tell all when I got home. Today has been a mess.

I had to cut my trip short due to poor health. My Right leg swelled up so bad almost couldn't get

shoe on. My back feels like it was hit by a truck. I barely ate while in NYC because my stomach

was in knots. Got very little sleep in 4 days. When I woke up this morning my voice was almost gone

I don't know why because I wasn't screaming or anything. Then to top it all off when I arrived at the airport

at home they have misplaced my luggage which has my camera with all the pics of me and

Billie Joe. Plus the drum sticks that were given to me and signed by drummer, the cast and

Billie Joe is all in my luggage. I had to put everything in my luggage because I can't wheel myself

in the wheelchair and carry all of that. Also I was worried I'd drop everything if I tried. Anyway

the airline swears its in Houston and will be flying in on morning flight. Then I had to

rush and get Billie's name tatted like I promised him before it faded and my tattoo artist had to keep his

shop open waiting on me. But I got it tatted but can't load pics yet because my damn email isn't

working on my phone and it wont picture text. I had to use my phone due to the fact

that my camera is in my luggage in Houston. I will do my best to get it fixed today and

get it up here for you all to see. Right now I have got to try and rest before my leg

swells more and cuts off circulation and I loose my leg sooner than I am. Even though today

was such chaos I was still happy underneath it all because of how amazing it was meeting Billie

Joe and to be able to be face to face with him and say thank you. I will get it all up here for you

soon, please bare with me, I'm kind of a mess health wise. Hopefully I'll feel better after a good long

nap. So thank you everyone for all your kind words and support. I so love my GDC family :hug:

So I am going to get some rest before I wind up in the hospital. But no matter what it was all worth it!

I'm so sorry for you, but it's cool that you met Billie Joe

We all love you Dawn! Get some rest. Don't worry about recapping yet, you've had a long few days! Exciting days at that matter! :wub:

The bag will return to you. :hug:

i gave billie a single rose after good riddance, he gave me the handwritten lyrics to the new song he wrote. i'm pretty much still speechless, it means so much to me that he gave me something so special, and the look on his face as he was handing it to me was just so sweet.

Oh my, that is so nice! I'm happy for you :happy:

Did anyone get a video of Billie saying Oh Baby Baby It's Fuck Time? I thought I saw one but I can't find it.

I love that video, it made me tear up. Last Night on Earth :cry::wub:

Woohoo. Click on that link for the MP4 download I made of it, if anyone is interested!

:woot:

I left NYC the first night BJA played St Jimmy.. I'm soo sad! :cry:

That's a bummer, Zoe. :(

I so wish they had announced it a few days earlier to give people a chance to stay/come. They just love those last-second announcements about stuff. Sadly.

oh my god, dawn, I'm so happy for you :hug: I wanted to give you a +1, but I, apparently, spent all the reps I can give today :dry: anyways, TAKE A NAP, you deserve it! And we'll keep our fingers crossed on your luggage, so it arrives soon!

I have the same thing! The wake up part.. the City of the Damned part at the end of Boulevard of Broken Dreams, the bang bang part in Holiday, and so on.. and just the music in general. When I listen to the American Idiot record now, I notice things about the music I didn't notice before. I love it. It made me fall in love with the album for the Idon'tknowhowmany time :wub:

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT DID THE BANG BANG THING! :lol:

and omg, I'm proud of Billie, and I'm glad that I got the chance to read all of your reviews, watch all the videos and see all the photos. Maybe we'll get a bootleg or a professional recording someday, but if we don't, being able to read it through here is enough. I love you guys :wub: /emotional moment

Archived