Billie Joe to play St. Jimmy in the musical

Fuzz

I'm so glad that so many GDCers were able to see Billie perform in AI this week and I'm definitely happy to hear Dawn got her wish. As much as I wish I was able to be there, at least we have people who have been updating us with their pictures, experiences, and clips. :)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andrew's on the 5th-7th, Josh is on from the 8th-10th.

so who's going this week?

i wish i could see Josh but it's to soon

I was there!! Which side were you on? I probably saw you and didn't realize? Lol.

I was standing on the left side of the stage door (if you're facing the theatre). Joy and Lauren were there with me too. Billie was like a foot away from me and a few people went towards him, but I didn't even move. :lol:

i think they should record their final show in january and put it out as a dvd.

even include some backstage footage and extras.

they would help bring the show to those that can't make it out to nyc to see it and still make a profit after the show ends...

i think it's only fair, being one of the unfortunate ones that can't make it to nyc :cry:

Yes they should. They really, really should.

I was standing on the left side of the stage door (if you're facing the theatre). Joy and Lauren were there with me too. Billie was like a foot away from me and a few people went towards him, but I didn't even move. :lol:

I was on that side, too, but I don't remember everyone there with me. :lol:

you rule. do not lick the paper. or at least wrap it in saran wrap before licking it.

I sent Mary an archival polyurethane folder and an acid-free folder to put the lyrics in from my archive today until she can afford to get it framed. Once she puts the lyrics into the poly folder, she can lick it all she wants! Though, I wouldn't suggest she do that, but... it is quite tempting.... :eyebrow:

I was on that side, too, but I don't remember everyone there with me. :lol:

Seriously, the next time there's any kind of Green Day event going on, everybody from GDC needs to have like name tags or something. :lol:

I sent Mary an archival polyurethane folder and an acid-free folder to put the lyrics in from my archive today until she can afford to get it framed. Once she puts the lyrics into the poly folder, she can lick it all she wants! Though, I wouldn't suggest she do that, but... it is quite tempting.... :eyebrow:

Are we going to have to worry about you licking the paper, too? :lol:

Seriously, the next time there's any kind of Green Day event going on, everybody from GDC needs to have like name tags or something. :lol:

I second this! :lol:

The fans actually seemed pretty polite to me! Sure, they were loud, but don't tell me you wouldn't be if you were two feet away from Billie Joe and a part of a screaming crowd yourself. ;) I know I wouldn't be able to contain myself!

Oh, I wasn't implying they were being rude or obnoxious or anything (or that I wouldn't scream (A)), just that it's very loud. And I found it funny how you could continuously hear "Billie Billie Billie!". :)

:lol: definitely

omg yes!

we definitely need one of those "hello, my name is ______" tags. though we'd have to add it "and my username on GDC is_____"

heh just jumping into say your pic with john is adorable! :thumbsup:

Thanks. :)

omg yes!

we definitely need one of those "hello, my name is ______" tags. though we'd have to add it "and my username on GDC is_____"

We should definitely all invest in some of those and wear them whenever we go to any GD related event, even if we're not sure there will be other GDC-ers there. :P

i did the name tag thing in mansfield this year, i found a bunch at the 99 cent store, but we ran out at like 30 lol

I had a sign with me at the Bristow show. (but I didn't advertise long, it kinda felt weird) And I just noticed from your sig that we were both at 2 shows together! (FBHT at Don Hill's and the Bristow gig) But I agree, everyone just wear a nametag the next time your at any sort of GD related thing! :lol:

I had a sign with me at the Bristow show. (but I didn't advertise long, it kinda felt weird) And I just noticed from your sig that we were both at 2 shows together! (FBHT at Don Hill's and the Bristow gig) But I agree, everyone just wear a nametag the next time your at any sort of GD related thing! :lol:

Okay...it's settled that at any Green Day related thingy...we'll have name tags.

And then, everybody will be like, "Ohhhhh....I know you! Let's chill!" :lol:

Short... but Interesting conversation happening over at the Broadway.com Board regarding Billie Joe.

Haha, someone said something about us inappropriate Green Day fans fistpumping and singing. At least the first one was me... oops... lol. But... But... Billie Joe said we could! lol.

I haven't read this yet, but there was a thread on the original announcement. Should be interesting to see what they said when it was announced, lol. Its Official: Billie Joe on Broadway.

Short... but Interesting conversation happening over at the Broadway.com Board regarding Billie Joe.

Haha, someone said something about us inappropriate Green Day fans fistpumping and singing. At least the first one was me... oops... lol. But... But... Billie Joe said we could! lol.

I haven't read this yet, but there was a thread on the original announcement. Should be interesting to see what they said when it was announced, lol. Its Official: Billie Joe on Broadway.

That conversation just has me grinning like a motherfucker all over again!

Completely plausible that he could make a return~~ he never said Goodbye, just so long & goodnight! :dance:

And that's RIGHT Billie said we could! hehe

Yeah, I enjoyed Billie as St. Jimmy, but the way that Johnny's written, I can't see him do that. But it would be rather amusing to see him do the heroin rubber dance. LOL.

BTW, if you're friends with Carmel on FB, she has some rather adorable pictures from her Green Card party with Billie and Adrienne. :wub:

A LOT of shit goes down on that board but I enjoy that the idea of Billie coming back is almost unanimously in favor of it over there. Billie as Johnny? I don't know. Billie as St. Jimmy again? YES.

Yeah....they're on board with Billie coming back on. I like.

For some strange reason, I'm extremely happy that they want him to come back.

The Broadway community approves. Fuck yes.

But anyway...I would love it if he came back as St. Jimmy. He fits it perfectly. I just can't see him as Johnny.

Yeah....they're on board with Billie coming back on. I like.

For some strange reason, I'm extremely happy that they want him to come back.

The Broadway community approves. Fuck yes.

But anyway...I would love it if he came back as St. Jimmy. He fits it perfectly. I just can't see him as Jimmy.

You mean you can't see him as Johnny. ;)

And personally, I totally could! Everyone said the exact same thing before he announced it/appeared onstage as Jimmy: 'OMGZ LAWL THIS IS GONNA BE ~~~~*~SEW FUNNIIII~*~*~' and 'I can't see Billie as St Jimmy at all, how ridiculous', and everything turned out amazing. Better than amazing. :D

You mean you can't see him as Johnny. ;)

And personally, I totally could! Everyone said the exact same thing before he announced it/appeared onstage as Jimmy: 'OMGZ LAWL THIS IS GONNA BE ~~~~*~SEW FUNNIIII~*~*~' and 'I can't see Billie as St Jimmy at all, how ridiculous', and everything turned out amazing. Better than amazing. :D

Oh, thank you...for some strange reason, I get Johnny and Jimmy mixed up. I have no idea why.

Yeah...I get what you're saying about how Billie could possibly play Johnny.

But, Billie plays that "evil" role well. He plays it really well.

I don't wanna say too much but there are certain scenes in that would be so fucking odd and awkward for me if he played Johnny.

on a side note: it took me forever to type this cause I keep getting the names mixed up. :lol:

Archived