Billie Joe to play St. Jimmy in the musical

Fuzz

The "goodbye, goodbye" in the end of Billie's song really sounds like the end of the goodbye song from the Sound of Music. Like, a lot.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "goodbye, goodbye" in the end of Billie's song really sounds like the end of the goodbye song from the Sound of Music. Like, a lot.

It's 'goodnight goodnight." I thought it was 'goodbye goodbye,' too, until I looked at it again.

http://plixi.com/p/48647624

I always get sad to see these things happening... [talking about the stupid, disrespectful fangirls/teenies] I mean, I get it that they looovvee Billie and all.. I also do, but one thing I feel about him over all is respect...

Going after his kids, seriously??

I'm really sorry for them, I would hate it if it happened to me. I am always saying this, but I would hate to be famous or be the son/daughter of a celebrity...

Fans like this make me feel really bad. :pinch: I am VERY glad that Billie is still like the nicest guy to the fans. I personally wouldn't If I was him, I admire him for that =)

I thought the new song sounded like an odd mix between Jinx and Good Riddance. :lol:

The first time I saw Spring Awakening at NYU in 1987. It was a production by Anne Bogart set in a space ship. Philip Seymour Hoffman was in it. Some other famous folks now, can't remember who else though. It was weird. I love Anne Bogart. sigh.

I didn't realize Philip Seymour Hoffman did musical theater. Cool.

Yeah, I was standing near the back against the barrier facing the road just cause and when Billie walked out the people like surged forward and were like screaming. I was like...gah, sometimes I hate to have to share the status of Green Day fan with scaries like that >.<

Ugh omg I know! Me and the rest of the girls making up the front row were so fed up with people pushing against us and pushing us into the barriers. We almost couldn't breathe and the barriers were being pushed! My friend was worrying they would fall over and chaos would break out. It's like, seriously, if you're stuck in the back, no one is going to let you through, pushing is going to get you nowhere, so give it up.

And then, Friday night, me, Mariann, and Alex were in the back and when Billie came out, all the people in the front were practically screaming at him when he was right in front of them! People were slightly better behaved as far as screaming Saturday night, but jeeze! Talk about obnoxious and rude! How would you like to have people screaming in your face?

The original play of Spring Awakening is not a musical. It's one of those "serious" plays. And the Anne Bogart version at NYU wasn't a musical, if I remember correctly. But it's been years since I saw it, so don't quote me on that.

It was banned when it first came out due to its risque nature in the late 1800's. Here's the Wiki entry on it.

Well, "Spring Awakening" was originally a German play written about 100 years ago. I'm going to guess that the production that Tanya saw was based off of that and not the musical which really didn't come into fruition until 2001. :)

I always get sad to see these things happening... [talking about the stupid, disrespectful fangirls/teenies] I mean, I get it that they looovvee Billie and all.. I also do, but one thing I feel about him over all is respect...

Going after his kids, seriously??

I'm really sorry for them, I would hate it if it happened to me. I am always saying this, but I would hate to be famous or be the son/daughter of a celebrity...

Fans like this make me feel really bad. :pinch: I am VERY glad that Billie is still like the nicest guy to the fans. I personally wouldn't If I was him, I admire him for that =)

going after his kid REALLY pissed me off...along with what i said above about this girl asking billie for a hug and went to KISS HIM!! and the 14year olds dad was encourging it....she almost got punched in the face by me right infront of billie

people are so ridiculous with this band

Aw, all these stories on this thread are touching me so much.

I've been crying all week, man. :wub::lol:

I feel feel the same way as you.

I remember I thanked him for everything he's done for me at the talkbacks

and I was stuttering and I was all shaky and he said, "Aw, you're welcome."

And just hearing that made everything worth while for me. :blush:

I mean, my story is minute compared to Dawn's but it just shows how Green Day can just

bring us up from the lowest points of our lives and just make everything... worth living again.

Ugh...I'm getting all emotional again. I'm stopping now.

It's ok! I just had to get out all of my emotional gooeyness in a journal entry on DeviantArt, because I didn't want to clog up the thread with "omg this is why I love Billie sfm..."

Now I'm all emotional and I have to go to Philosophy in a bit! Oh great. I'll start arguing why Billie is so great in the middle of a discussion about Plato or something. :lol:

wait he does?

Oh, and sorry, it was 84 or 85. Can't remember jackshit these days.

and no, i don't think he does musical theater. may have done it before, but he's not a musical theater actor. I think American Basket Case didn't realize that Spring Awakening was a play before it was a musical.

The original play of Spring Awakening is not a musical. It's one of those "serious" plays. And the Anne Bogart version at NYU wasn't a musical, if I remember correctly. But it's been years since I saw it, so don't quote me on that.

It was banned when it first came out due to its risque nature in the late 1800's. Here's the Wiki entry on it.

Well, "Spring Awakening" was originally a German play written about 100 years ago. I'm going to guess that the production that Tanya saw was based off of that and not the musical which really didn't come into fruition until 2001. :)

Thank you both for clarifying this.

The tour of Spring Awakening finally made it here in 2009. (And I missed it.)

Ugh omg I know! Me and the rest of the girls making up the front row were so fed up with people pushing against us and pushing us into the barriers. We almost couldn't breathe and the barriers were being pushed! My friend was worrying they would fall over and chaos would break out. It's like, seriously, if you're stuck in the back, no one is going to let you through, pushing is going to get you nowhere, so give it up.

And then, Friday night, me, Mariann, and Alex were in the back and when Billie came out, all the people in the front were practically screaming at him when he was right in front of them! People were slightly better behaved as far as screaming Saturday night, but jeeze! Talk about obnoxious and rude! How would you like to have people screaming in your face?

Exactly!! I really don't get it. Screaming at a concert is OK, that doesn't bug me at all (neither the band, 'course)... But in a situation like that, it's something I'll never understand. :sleep:

Oh, and sorry, it was 84 or 85. Can't remember jackshit these days.

and no, i don't think he does musical theater. may have done it before, but he's not a musical theater actor. I think American Basket Case didn't realize that Spring Awakening was a play before it was a musical.

Just saw this. Yes, you're correct about my confusion.

It's 'goodnight goodnight." I thought it was 'goodbye goodbye,' too, until I looked at it again.

http://plixi.com/p/48647624

Goodnight, goodbye... doesn't change that it sounds a lot like the Sound of Music, haha.

going after his kid REALLY pissed me off...along with what i said above about this girl asking billie for a hug and went to KISS HIM!! and the 14year olds dad was encourging it....she almost got punched in the face by me right infront of billie

people are so ridiculous with this band

Gosh. I know, that's just embarrassing. :blink: I would have want to punch her in the face too... and the dad. ugh

Oh well, it's not just with this band. xD

Goodnight, goodbye... doesn't change that it sounds a lot like the Sound of Music, haha.

You are right. But I kept thinking that it was goodbye goodbye, too. So I was just trying to help you out, whether it sounds like Sound of Music or not. Sheesh. Tough crowd around here, lol. :whistle:rolleyes::)

Gosh. I know, that's just embarrassing. :blink: I would have want to punch her in the face too... and the dad. ugh

Oh well, it's not just with this band. xD

Ha yeah its with a lot of bands........but I only see crazier fans for this one LOL

The Dad was just like....oh man.....

The girl running after Joey was ridiculous too....leaving her shoes behind so she can run.........shes lucky the shoes were still there when she got back

I dig the little melodi in the beginning of the last curtain call. Since it probably doesn't have an official name, i'm gonna call it by the title "Bullets Over Broadway", that's an amazing line. And it represents the whole musical in a way.

just a thought... I wonder if Mike & Tre were in the audience :sherlock: ?

Tre was there, idk about Mike though :happy:

EDIT: on 10.2

I do see their point to a degree, (especially if it is distracting and blatently obvious) I think the amount of Green Day fans that have no chance of ever seeing the musical, let alone Billie in the musical, getting to experience just a little bit of what we did makes the video---ing ok in my mind. But then again I think they should have had a professional do it and not have to deal with everyone else taking videos.

I am sure they understand they have a mix of Green Day fans and theater fans going to these shows and its gonna happen, (especially with Billie in it) I don't think someone watching a video in Lativa, Germany or Australia (that could never attend the show anyway), is going to affect ticket sales. But thats just my opinion. I hope they can see the good in it too (for the fans that can't attend) instead of just being annoyed because its not the right thing to do. If that makes sense

Yeah I agree with this. I live in Sweden and I will probably never see the musical, and especially not with Billie in it. I don't think it's okay to film the entire show but I love to see those videos with Billie in it, that I think is okay.

I mean, my story is minute compared to Dawn's but it just shows how Green Day can just

bring us up from the lowest points of our lives and just make everything... worth living again.

Ugh...I'm getting all emotional again. I'm stopping now.

Where can I read about Dawn's story? :)

I dig the little melodi in the beginning of the last curtain call. Since it probably doesn't have an official name, i'm gonna call it by the title "Bullets Over Broadway", that's an amazing line. And it represents the whole musical in a way.

I also love that line!

Where can I read about Dawn's story? :)

I was wondering about this, too. :)

(I'm only on here sporadically and can't keep up.)

I thought the added intro to Good Riddance, was really beautiful, he seems really genuinely sad to not be playing St. Jimmy anymore, like it was his one last Curtain Call and was going to make it count. Amazing end to what must have been an amazing week for everyone that went <3

Archived