John Roecker's Updates For HLAHG

Liam

Sigh. Well, there is one way to look at it: it's more promising than the coffee table book we were promised.

But still. Come oooon.

I feel bad for John, it seems like we've been hearing about this forever and if he put all the time, work, and money into it his piece of art should be released for us to praise and thank him for. Sketchy, veerrrry sketchy indeed. :sherlock:

I already thought those pictures were stills from HLAHG. Movie stills.. videos.. ah, please give us a release date. :runaround:

john's asking for suggestions.

"I have a hypothetical question for you all. And in no way is this about anyone specific but. Just say that you had a Movie coming out and they also asked for DVD extras. Now the film maker let us call him "Gohn" wants to make the extras into a completely other movie and not some footage just thrown recklessly about. So he has this great idea. But when he asked his editor who he loves and works great well..let us call him "Bean" thinks we need to getpaid first. Now I understand this but when I discussed this idea with the guy in the film..let us call him "Willie" he said he wanted to see some of it first to see what direction I am going. Now I know times are tough but do you think "Bean" should just do it on speck and then get paid? Your thoughts. Also this is not about anyone or thing specific (ish)"

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6733803&id=739030438

Haha, yeah. And it gets even more cryptic *ahem* in one of John's comments:

‎"Willie" doesnt [know what's gonna be in the movie] - it was 6 years ago and the stuff "Gohn " has is insane. I mean the first time "Willie" strummed the lead in a song " Zmerica Midiot" I mean historical shit. "gohn" did not do this for money. he did it because he was passionate for the project.

Haha, yeah. And it gets even more cryptic *ahem* in one of John's comments:

‎"Willie" doesnt [know what's gonna be in the movie] - it was 6 years ago and the stuff "Gohn " has is insane. I mean the first time "Willie" strummed the lead in a song " Zmerica Midiot" I mean historical shit. "gohn" did not do this for money. he did it because he was passionate for the project.

Oh Gohn..I mean John. :rolleyes: "Gohn" should just try to charm "Willie" with the other movie. They are kindred spirits or so I've been told. But John is so passionate about this that's it's just d'awwww.

It's been sorted - 'Gohn' is going to make love to Jonathan Rhys Myers. Or Sean Bean.

The ball is sort of in 'Willie' and 'Bean's' court anyway.

john's asking for suggestions.

"I have a hypothetical question for you all. And in no way is this about anyone specific but. Just say that you had a Movie coming out and they also asked for DVD extras. Now the film maker let us call him "Gohn" wants to make the extras into a completely other movie and not some footage just thrown recklessly about. So he has this great idea. But when he asked his editor who he loves and works great well..let us call him "Bean" thinks we need to getpaid first. Now I understand this but when I discussed this idea with the guy in the film..let us call him "Willie" he said he wanted to see some of it first to see what direction I am going. Now I know times are tough but do you think "Bean" should just do it on speck and then get paid? Your thoughts. Also this is not about anyone or thing specific (ish)"

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6733803&id=739030438

Yeah sure, "Gohn", he should just show "Willie" (Omg ahaha) the extras he wants to turn into another movie, and let him say what he thinks about it. As long as we will finally get to see the 'first' Heart Like a Hand Grenade film early next year, I don't really care if we get the rest of the footage as an extra or later as another movie. CAN'T WAIT. :wub:

"Willie" has the attention span of a fly- and you need to show it the right way first. First imperssions. If you send "wille" some random footage "Willie" will tell "Gohn" he is mental.

is it bad that I laughed at that? xD

That was so boring I couldnt read past the third one. Can somebody summarize all of them into once sentance for me?

• 3 weeks later...

semi bad news, I guess

" I know they will not go for it. But my film that I am putting together is now 6 hours long. I am going to go for it.If they think I am mad so be it.and yes I maybe wasting my time but I am enjoying it. I can actually edit."

I don't know if it's about HLAHG, but it probably is.

Looks like "Bean" didn't go for it if John is editing himself. I'd say he should release the second film as a internet only release, or an extra dvd along with the original HLAHG. Realistically he can't have a 6 hour movie, I'd watch it, but commercially it would be a gigantic flop.

Looks like "Bean" didn't go for it if John is editing himself. I'd say he should release the second film as a internet only release, or an extra dvd along with the original HLAHG. Realistically he can't have a 6 hour movie, I'd watch it, but commercially it would be a gigantic flop.

I always thought HLAHG would be straight-to-DVD or something.

I still say that if Green Day wanted this out, it'd be out. Even from the snippets we've heard it doesn't seem as though the band are as behind this as John says. I don't know, that's just how I see it.

I always thought HLAHG would be straight-to-DVD or something.

I figured they'd do a premiere or two, but yeah that's how I would see it too. Cinema or not, people won't really buy a 6 hour film, which would probably just make it harder for John to get it released.

I still say that if Green Day wanted this out, it'd be out. Even from the snippets we've heard it doesn't seem as though the band are as behind this as John says. I don't know, that's just how I see it.

Personally I think they're a bit reserved on the whole thing because parts of it are probably really personal. I'd say they've signed off on the film to be released but publically at least they don't seem to be putting much pressure on Warner to get it out there.

I wanna see willie jump in a car and throw jelly beans at people already!!!

Archived