John Roecker's Updates For HLAHG

Liam

When I said "now" I meant, when John told us it would be out, so next year. And many people are doubting that, well I think that's really the best time to get it released. There is no tour, not much about the musical, although it is still fresh, so the "Making of American Idiot" is just so fitting .. Everything screams 2011 for me!

So, I am getting excited =)

BUT, in the other hand, they just announced the live album, and that is something that I guess will also be out next year, but still, I don't think it will be such a big deal talking about promotion and stuff.

With the musical closing soon, and the tour almost over it seems like that quiet moment in-between albums would be a decent time. Sometime in the next year or two which is when John is suggesting a release, but as many have said... No one should hold their breath. This is just John talking for now.

...What? I call bullshit on your little comment.

so is this something that came out in a special theater in 2008 but some day it might be available for everyone is that what is going on ?

I remember that someone once asked john if we will ever be able to watch those 300 hours. He said that if someone break into his place and steal them and release them, then yes. So... Someone go and start copying half of it! John is copying the other half, and then we'll have it faster! xD

so is this something that came out in a special theater in 2008 but some day it might be available for everyone is that what is going on ?

there was a special viewing a year or so ago and only a certain number of people were invited. it was like very low key but people have known about heart like a handgrenage for 5 years. FIVE YEARS (sorry for caps but i'm just so pissed off at record companies, produciton companies and lazy people.) finally warner bros and everyone else involved were able to like idk come to the terms or whatever so now john's working on it and maybe it'll come out on dvd or something.

i dont really understand what this movie actually is. i think i missed the whole thing

It's a documentary film about the making of American Idiot. The director John Roecker filmed Green Day while they were making the album and the result is this film, "Heart Like A Hand Grenade". John (with the support of many Green Day fans) has been trying to get it released for years but unfortunately Green Day's record company Warner haven't allowed it to be released. In 2008 it was shown in a theater in LA to a small number of lucky people.

Now John's saying it's going to be released next year, and at the moment he's working on the extras for the DVD. We can't assume it's guaranteed because similar things have been said before..........and you never know what could happen with Warner to delay/stop it again. But it's definitely a very good sign!

...What? I call bullshit on your little comment.

Really bad choice of words on my part saying it was "closing soon". Sorry about that. I think it's safe to say I typed that without much thought. I was just speculating. I honestly don't see it lasting beyond another year or two which is the time frame I was speaking in. It's gotta close sometime. I could be very wrong of course.

I'm so excited about this.

I actually have something to look forward to next year :happy:

2011 will be another great Green Day year. I didn't think it would be, since we had 2009 for the album and 2010 for the tour. But hopefully next year we'll finally have HLAHG.. and maybe the live album! *fingers crossed*

Well we usually get SOMETHING from them every year. I'm thinking the live album will come out early next year..... but hopefully sooner

Really bad choice of words on my part saying it was "closing soon". Sorry about that. I think it's safe to say I typed that without much thought. I was just speculating. I honestly don't see it lasting beyond another year or two which is the time frame I was speaking in. It's gotta close sometime. I could be very wrong of course.

As far as I know, the musical is set to close on January 30th. Unless it gets extended again.

For anyone who doesn't believe that, just go to the AmericanIdiotonBroadway site. Look at the calendar. The dates. Tickets. There aren't any beyond January 30th.

I would pay so much to get to see the whole thing :woot:

I know right!? Although I am determined not to get my hopes up :pinch:

John (with the support of many Green Day fans) has been trying to get it released for years but unfortunately Green Day's record company Warner haven't allowed it to be released.

I do not believe it was just Warner holding it up. There's no real reason to believe that if Green Day pushed to get this released, it would have been done. There a big enough band to have that kind of say with the record company.

This is all very exciting but I'm going to try not to get my hopes up till its been officially announced.

I do not believe it was just Warner holding it up. There's no real reason to believe that if Green Day pushed to get this released, it would have been done. There a big enough band to have that kind of say with the record company.

Yeah I have similar suspicions. But I'm just going on what John's said as it's the only info I have - he only ever says it's Warner. It may well be the band's decision too. I mean if it's not out because the record company judge it to be the wrong timing, not a good move in the band's career at that time etc, Green Day might well agree. Decisions about what to release/not release must have to be made all the time so there's no reason to assume Green Day wouldn't agree with this particular decision.

Or it may be Green Day just don't feel strongly enough about it to push for it, or they don't choose to involve themselves in this particular side of the business. Who knows? Warner is stopping it and that's why I said so. As for why they're stopping it and to what extent Green Day have influenced or supported that decision, we don't know.

I remember hearing about this n talking about it when it was first being discussed. I'll be really excited when it actually gets released.

I can't watch it either :(

and I can't find it on his page either.

I can't watch the new video. Do more people have that, or is it just me?

I can't watch it either :(

and I can't find it on his page either.

I can't see it either. I could see it when he first uploaded it the other day.

I looked on his video page and it doesn't seem to be there so maybe he removed it?? :unsure:

Archived