John Roecker's Updates For HLAHG

Liam

haha ok I'll do it right now.

As you know, John Roecker captured 300 hours of footage of the band. I thought about that, and came to the assumption that he must have gotten some footage of the band practicing or recording songs that didn't make it onto American Idiot aka "new songs" so I decided to ask him about. What follows is basically what he told me, however I marked it as a spoiler in case some want to wait to see the film before they find out anything about it.

1.) Favorite Son

2.) "The new one"

3.) When It's Time (as some people already know)

4.) A new song they wrote for NASCAR

5.) A ton of cover songs they experimented with

OMGWHAT! :woot: I really want to see the first one. And number 4 has me intrigued. :sherlock: Interesting, indeed.

what the hell....I WANT TO SEE IT ALL! :runaround::runaround: /end hysterics

dammit, I am dying to see this movie!

I would love too see all 300 hours of it :lol:

too bad John still does not have a date =/

Im not stateside at the moment but I am still reading the boards for some reason. I don't get it, was the movie made once or something? Here is review from IMDBpro from a person that was at a screening of it, I guess.

Here is the main current IMDB info on it.

I have no idea, but I would love to see it. 300 hours of DV tape logging and now editing and hopefully some color correcting and final output should see a 2 hour documentary in no more than a couple months. I have seen many reality shows with much more than 300 hours done in a couple weeks.

Yep, it was screened in March 2009, we were at that one too, and have a review on GDA. The holdup hasn't been the length it's taken John to go through all the material, it was held up for other reasons. When they agreed on a release date, John started going through everything again to fix extra stuff to include on the DVD prior to it's release sometime next year.

(i added spoiler tags to your post for length and also to hide the review for those who prefer not to read too many details)

that IMDB review makes me want this even more... I didnt think that was possible.

Seems like next year is really going to be awesome :woot: I hope we get to see the trailer very, very soon...

I would love to see all 300 hours of it too :lol:

So in 2011 we can say "7 years has gone so fast..", and hopefully HLAHG comes out before September ends. :lol:

Next year is going to be great!

HLAHG & the CD/DVD...I'm now happy ;)

They played it for the soundcheck at the free LA gig last year.

Oh Josie, and you say you have no luck! XD

So in 2011 we can say "7 years has gone so fast..", and hopefully HLAHG comes out before September ends. :lol:

I just HAD to give you positive rep for that :lol:

haha ok I'll do it right now.

As you know, John Roecker captured 300 hours of footage of the band. I thought about that, and came to the assumption that he must have gotten some footage of the band practicing or recording songs that didn't make it onto American Idiot aka "new songs" so I decided to ask him about. What follows is basically what he told me, however I marked it as a spoiler in case some want to wait to see the film before they find out anything about it.

1.) Favorite Son

2.) "The new one"

3.) When It's Time (as some people already know)

4.) A new song they wrote for NASCAR

5.) A ton of cover songs they experimented with

omgg i want to see itttt :woot:

any new updates from him? is he still working on his project or what?!

any new updates from him? is he still working on his project or what?!

No, not that we know of at least. The answer to whatever gets asked most of the time is "early 2011"

Well, it's 2011 in less than a month. So we won't have to wait that long to hear more new about this I think?

I read on his facebook that John hasn't made a trailer yet, so maybe that's one of the things he'll be working on..

No, not that we know of at least. The answer to whatever gets asked most of the time is "early 2011"

Well, it's 2011 in less than a month. So we won't have to wait that long to hear more new about this I think?

I read on his facebook that John hasn't made a trailer yet, so maybe that's one of the things he'll be working on..

Well I totally hope he does. :woot:

Hey guys I found some pics on tumblr!!

tumblrlcvg1yhy0w1qbznm5.png

tumblrlct4dhnxgq1qbznm5.png

tumblrlcss08jaso1qbznm5.png

tumblrlcss7emodp1qbznm5.png

tumblrlcsr0liyyi1qbznm5.png

tumblrlcss4idoli1qbznm5.png

From JOS

tumblrlcsr21iyqq1qbznm5.png

tumblrlct4zardde1qbznm5.png

tumblrlcssbdwxb91qbznm5.png

These last three are from the part where Billie gives some advice to teens as to always drink water after each alcoholic drink lol

The person who posted them on tumblr, I guess this is Kryssi from here, said not too long ago:

YEAH BITCHES, BETTER BE READY FOR HEART LIKE A HAND GRENADE.

This is making me way too excited :woot:

omg i am getting way too excited for this! ahahaha billie giving lessons on drinking responsibly....interesting!

omg i am getting way too excited for this! ahahaha billie giving lessons on drinking responsibly....interesting!

Me too, can't wait to see it!! Yeah this is from the same man who is known to drink responsibly at foxies gigs :lol: Some interesting stuff XD

Me too, can't wait to see it!! Yeah this is from the same man who is known to drink responsibly at foxies gigs :lol: Some interesting stuff XD

absolutly this! :lol:

The lack of spoilers here made me see the pics, and it made me even more excited for this. I don't care anymore if I know what's going to be shown in the movie, I just want to see it so badly! :woot: :woot:

Th lack of spoilers here made me see the pics, and it made me even more excited for this. I don't care anymore if I know what's going to be shown in the movie, I just want to see it so badly! :woot: :woot:

same here :woot:

Oh my goooooood....I love it how it seems there's so much fun and interesting stuff in this thing, besides the recording of the songs....I live for stuff like that! :runaround:

I think I already read every last detail that anyone who went to the premiere told us about it, and that included J'net with her photographic memory :lol:, so I've probably heard about pretty much everything that's in it. But getting to actually see it is another matter altogether :woot:, can't wait.

I think I'm going to read the reviews from the premiere again (especially the one from J'net).. too much excitement right now. This better comes out next year, we've been waiting long enough!

Archived