John Roecker's Updates For HLAHG

Liam

what I don't understand is why Warner/Green Day keep AI as Green Day's masterpiece. Yes, it was awesome, but 21stCB was great as well, and it hasn't have the attention it deserves, because they were all excited about the musical. And I'm pretty sure that if a studio album comes out near 2014, it will be overshadowed(?) by HLAHG, because it's about AI. They should have released it on 2005, and be over with it.

Another reason for them to rethink releasing Heart Like a Hand Grenade.

Another reason for them to rethink releasing Heart Like a Hand Grenade.

sad but true =/

I am really disappointed that they are going to wait so long to release it. I was really starting to get excited about this, which is something I already know I shouldn't do when it comes to being GD related...I can be patient. Afterall, I doubt I'm going anywhere. I'll still prolly be around here when that time rolls around :rolleyes:

if it had been ready then, they would have.

Interesting :sherlock:. I still think though, whatever's gone on, that right now there's a film sitting there that loads of fans would enjoy, that the director would love to see out, and that shows the making of the band's masterpiece brilliantly (according to all accounts). Various mediocre, unadventurous American Idiot things have come out and meanwhile something genuinely different and interesting sits unreleased. Whatever's happened before that's the situation now and it's a great waste and a great shame.

What makes good business sense an important factor but surely it shouldn't be the ONLY factor? For a band who talks about wanting to (and does!) create music that's worthwhile, ambitious and sometimes daring you might expect the same consideration to be applied to single choices and other releases/promotion. But seems not a lot of the time.

I just find this whole situation very intriguing and frustrating. Do we think the whole, unvarnished truth will ever come out ?

I just find this whole situation very intriguing and frustrating. Do we think the whole, unvarnished truth will ever come out ?

this will be worst than The Network's identity. We can speculate, we can even be 100% sure, but our theories will never be confirmed.

this will be worst than The Network's identity. We can speculate, we can even be 100% sure, but our theories will never be confirmed.

At least Warners/someone else was stupid enough to issue a press release with Green Day's name on it though. I want someone other than John to say something but I doubt it'll happen.

At least Warners/someone else was stupid enough to issue a press release with Green Day's name on it though. I want someone other than John to say something but I doubt it'll happen.

Me too! It would be interesting. Someone should ask about it if they have audience questions at the Billie Joe/Michael Mayer interview next month. It's American Idiot related :thumbsup:

I know right. It's been like 6 years now.

Someone should ask about it if they have audience questions at the Billie Joe/Micheal Mayer interview next month. It's American Idiot related :thumbsup:

I second this. Whoever's going needs to ask about HLAHG if Billie or Michael take questions.

I don't even really care about it anymore tbh.

Much more looking forward to "Awesome as Fuck" :D

Don't agree with you at all, while a live DVD is great, you can watch endless footage of the band live on youtube - this would be far more interesting.....

Don't agree with you at all, while a live DVD is great, you can watch endless footage of the band live on youtube - this would be far more interesting.....

I don't agree with you.The only thing that we should care right now is the release of the live DVD.Actually every GD fan is looking forward for this. :)

I would love to see both, but wouldn't we all? :rolleyes: At least the live album's coming out for sure...

And I agree that someone should ask Billie about it if he or she gets the chance :)

i want HLAHG to be released. it's not all the time that you get to see green day working in the studio. so hopefully, they at least confirm that it'll be in 2014.

I want HLAHG to be released as much as you guys, but I don't know... I think that no one should ask about it to Billie. I mean, maybe he get upset. He's going to talk about the musical, -at least that's what I think. But if the men that filmed and edited all this stuff doesn't know anything, much less will know Billie. Better leave him alone. We all are VERY impatient, but if this wasn't done until now, it's for something, nobody's going to listen some people interested in a dvd of HLAHG. =/

Just my opinion.

I want HLAHG to be released as much as you guys, but I don't know... I think that no one should ask about it to Billie. I mean, maybe he get upset. He's going to talk about the musical, -at least that's what I think. But if the men that filmed and edited all this stuff doesn't know anything, much less will know Billie. Better leave him alone. We all are VERY impatient, but if this wasn't done until now, it's for something, nobody's going to listen some people interested in a dvd of HLAHG. =/

Just my opinion.

I'm pretty sure Billie would know what's going on with HLAHG. But I also don't really think asking him about it would do any good.

It'd just be interesting to hear his response if it was mentioned (in a polite and cheerful way of course!), I'm sure we wouldn't get any earth-shattering info out of it but it'd be interesting. Pretty sure Billie could handle it :lol:

Billie's a grown up now, I think he can handle someone (politely) asking about this. The director's being openly talking about it for years and a bit of it's been on TV so it's not like it's some massive secret.

Not sure if the last two replies are in response to me or the person above. If it was to me, I wasn't saying he couldn't handle it - I'm just saying I really doubt that he'd give us any real news on it. And actually, I just don't really think it's that worthwhile of a question, if I was in attendance anyway.

Not sure if the last two replies are in response to me or the person above. If it was to me, I wasn't saying he couldn't handle it - I'm just saying I really doubt that he'd give us any real news on it. And actually, I just don't really think it's that worthwhile of a question, if I was in attendance anyway.

The "it'd just be interesting" was to you, the "he could handle it" wasn't :P

From http://jeffreenyby.blogspot.com/2010/12/q-with-john-roecker.html

Jeffy: What's up with "Heart like a Handgrenade"?

John: Well this movie is getting bumped around like a grandmother in a Sexy Orgy. It was suppose to be in March and then their live record is coming out so who knows. I am over it- let the gods do what they have to do.

Actually every GD fan is looking forward for this. :)

I'm not...

I'm not even planning on purchasing it

I would actually be much more interested in seeing a behind the scenes dvd of the band creating American Idiot. what's going on in their minds, how do they rehearse, writing songs, erasing lyrics, adding new lyrics, blowing off steam from creativity frustation, goofing around, laughing, joking, seeing a Green Day that isn't "staged"

Archived