John Roecker's Updates For HLAHG

Liam

It also says "Give me Novacine". My theory is that our pope was pretty drunk xD

And "Extraordinay Girl" :lol:

The fact that he's pushing for this extra stuff instead of just grabbing the opportunity to finally get the film out makes me wonder how "definite" it really is that it's coming out. Why jeopardise the chance he's been waiting for and working on for so long? Makes me think it hasn't really been given the go ahead for next year, or that it's more of a maybe than a yes.

But like you say we can only wait and see. I'm not gonna get my hopes up and that way I'll be very very happy if something does happen :happy:. One thing I do know for sure is John does really want the film out and is trying to get it out - it's just the facts of what's actually happening with it that seem rather iffy.

I'm thinking the same. Yeah I'm not gonna get too excited about it unless we have concrete news, because I don't wanna be disappointed if it ends up not happening. And if it gets released, well my heart will probably stop beating for a good 10 sec :lol:

I’ve thought about it and in overall I'm positive it will come out sooner or later. The guy just seems so passionate about the whole thing! I'm sure he knows what he's doing and won't mess up his chances of releasing this epic movie, and maybe the 6 hours long footages that comes with it. Maybe he’ll have to shorten it up a bit lol, but I’m sure it will come out one way or another (:

Oh and there’s this one thing I’ve never quite understood about HLAHG not getting released before, maybe someone will be able to explain this to me lol. How did Fuse got the permission to air the making of of the album, which is all footages from HLAHG, 5 years ago if John wasn’t allowed to put it out as a movie?

And "Extraordinay Girl" :lol:

haha great! I saw the Novacine one but not this :lol:

Well, I'm also trying not to get my hopes up (but that proves to be a bit difficult)...although I was thinking about the possibility of releasing HLAHG and having the extra 6 hours like some sort of special edition/collectors item, maybe?

Any plans to get this out can't be that definite if he's only just sent the extras off for the band to watch. I really can't see this been any further along than it was this time last year.

i don't know why, but i have the idea that he actually has the yes for HLAHG, and now he's trying to get the 6 extra hours released. I mean, if I were him, that's the only way I'd try to get something else released ._.

ok, John got a formspring and...

SOMEONE: Will the Heart like a Handgrenade movie be released?

JOHN: Early next year- first in the cinema and then the directors cut on DVD

ME: first of all, you're a freaking genious. Second... You said that HLAHG will be released in cinema first.Will that be worlwide, or just in the US/UK?

JOHN: I am not sure- Yes def in the US/UK but I will update everyone when I have more info

damn, this man is making the "don't get excited" thing really hard for me :lol:

ok, John got a formspring and...

SOMEONE: Will the Heart like a Handgrenade movie be released?

JOHN: Early next year- first in the cinema and then the directors cut on DVD

ME: first of all, you're a freaking genious. Second... You said that HLAHG will be released in cinema first.Will that be worlwide, or just in the US/UK?

JOHN: I am not sure- Yes def in the US/UK but I will update everyone when I have more info

damn, this man is making the "don't get excited" thing really hard for me :lol:

Holy shit! Really?!! Just the rest of November then December and It'll be 2011. I can't believe it's going to theaters! I was pissed because the 21stCB concert movie isn't coming to America but at least I'll get to see HLAHG. Thanks for posting. I'm really excited right now haha, I don't care if people keep saying it's never going to come out, judging from his answers I have faith that it will. :bunny::dance:

I'm mad because if it does come out in cinemas, there's no way I'll get to see it! xD

John's been saying all year that HLAHG will be released early next year. Nothing new about that. I'm not trying to get excited about this though, I want this movie out so bad.. but more concrete information, like a release date, would be very great right now. :happy:

.. So excited if all this is actually going to happen! I really hope I can watch it in the cinema then.

I'm mad because if it does come out in cinemas, there's no way I'll get to see it! xD

Naw, don't be. Since it's only for a special audience it will probably not air long and then it will soon come out on DVD. (Plus, Director's cut is probs way much better then cinema-version).

Do you think director's cut is the HLAHG + 6 hour movie? I don't know, I mean there's no way he already has a yes for releasing it, on the other side it's typical John running wa too far ahead.

Woah, that's great! :D I hope it'll be in cinemas all over the world then.

Well, if it's actually going to be out then.

Naw, don't be. Since it's only for a special audience it will probably not air long and then it will soon come out on DVD. (Plus, Director's cut is probs way much better then cinema-version).

Do you think director's cut is the HLAHG + 6 hour movie? I don't know, I mean there's no way he already has a yes for releasing it, on the other side it's typical John running wa too far ahead.

Isn't a director's cut shorter than the cinema version, though?

Not sure, btu I do know that it sometimes happens that the cinema version of a movie has more scenes than the DVD version.

nah, director's cut is the original extra DVD, which, from I recall, it contains a piano version of When it's time :wub: the 6 hours thingy is Remember Whatever, and it's a whole different thing

Not sure, btu I do know that it sometimes happens that the cinema version of a movie has more scenes than the DVD version.

they're usually longer... Like Almost Famous :wub:

I'm sure the DVD version will be a lot cooler anyway because they'll be able to put everything they couldn't show in theaters. Also, could you post a link to Roecker's Formspring page? I can't seem to find it :blush:

I'm sure the DVD version will be a lot cooler anyway because they'll be able to put everything they couldn't show in theaters. Also, could you post a link to Roecker's Formspring page? I can't seem to find it :blush:

http://www.formspring.me/johnroecker :)

but i'd love to watch it on theathers, with the big screen and all :pinch:

Yep, usually longer

they're usually longer... Like Almost Famous :wub:

Yep, usually longer

Okay... that's good then :D

awesome that it'll be released in the cinema! hmmmm maybe they'll have a UK premiere and green day will be back here for a day.

some of the questions on that formspring are hilarious :lol: but i like this one:

So i heard you know Green Day (obv.) :P what are all 3 of them like?

Mike is a sweetheart-Tre is insane and Billie has really nice handwriting

nice answer.

anyways am so psyched for HLAHG now...can't believe it could actually happen

awesome that it'll be released in the cinema! hmmmm maybe they'll have a UK premiere and green day will be back here for a day.

some of the questions on that formspring are hilarious :lol: but i like this one:

So i heard you know Green Day (obv.) :P what are all 3 of them like?

Mike is a sweetheart-Tre is insane and Billie has really nice handwriting

nice answer.

anyways am so psyched for HLAHG now...can't believe it could actually happen

ikr! But I really don't know if I would want John as my father, could be cool but I'd probably would be crazy as hell

ikr! But I really don't know if I would want John as my father, could be cool but I'd probably would be crazy as hell

i know...i had no idea he had kids, its weird!

I hope a Blu-ray comes out as well

I doubt it. I mean, I'm sure it's possible - but I don't think the quality of the original recordings is worth the upscale.

I doubt it. I mean, I'm sure it's possible - but I don't think the quality of the original recordings is worth the upscale.

Well I know its 16x9... so that's a start. But its also little tapes that John used some, yeah, I'm sure its DVD quality

John's formspring:

I agree- Green Day loves England as I do and they will get the special treatment

asdflkajsdlfkjasldfkj :mad:

the UK and US aren't the only places with Green Day fans, for fuck's sake.

asdflkajsdlfkjasldfkj :mad:

the UK and US aren't the only places with Green Day fans, for fuck's sake.

Hell yes. Is it too much to ask for something, like a limited release around here? :whistle

Archived