Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

Ever since the Troublemaker preview from Angry Birds, I've always heard: "Hey, you're giving me a heart attack. You're giving me a GUARDIAN CARESS while I'm sitting at the traffic light."

Of course, I realize now that it's "cardiac arrest", but I find it a little redundant.

Edited by josh_oliday

Just realized yesterday when I was reading my green day tab/lyrics book that I've been siniging BOBD wrong for 8 years now haha.

I thought the 'but its home to me and i walk alone' was 'but its only me and i walk alone'

also the G-L-O-R-I-A bit in horseshoes and handgrenades was 'do you know what i mean'

:ermm:

• Like 1

This is really stupid... when I would to listen to my dad play his GD records back in the day when I was a kid, right up until a few years ago I always thought the lyrics in chorus to Blood, Sex and Booze were "I'm in this dress" instead of I'm in distress... oops :sorry:

Well... I thought it was "I'm in this stress" before reading the official lyrics :)

When I Come Around: always heard "all the way you crossed down" instead of "across town"

And also in Broadway: "Now I'm on my way driving down Broadway wasting all my time and I want... Billie :D "

Platypus:

I thought 'I hate you' was 'I hate jews'

The Grouch:

'I was a young boy that had big pants'

We all know the big pants is a lie. hahaha.

What's the chorus to Rusty James? I got the free download with ticket purchase, and what I'm hearing is:

When there's no one left around

And you're the last gang in town

And your heart can't even radiate

When it doesn't even pound

What's the chorus to Rusty James? I got the free download with ticket purchase, and what I'm hearing is:

When there's no one left around

And you're the last gang in town

And your heart can't even radiate

When it doesn't even pound

I think that's right except for "And your heart can't even break"

I think that's right except for "And your heart can't even break"

ah, it's all in the pronunciation. Sillie Billie (< I did not intend to spell silly that way...oh my...)

Thanks!

• Like 1

Well, I have recently found out that the lyrics that changed my life gave it new meaning were completely misheard

Macy's Day Parade: What it is: "Cause I'm thinking about a brand new hope, one I've never known, cause now I know it's all that I wanted

What I've been singing and using in my sig like an idiot: "Cause I'm thinking about a brand new home, one I've never known..."

My life=Over

• Like 1

Everytime when i listen to 'Christian's Inferno':

What they sing: Seasons in ruin and this bitter pill is chased with blood.

What I hear: Seasons in ruin and this bitter pill is Jason White.

That makes no senese, brain! :D

I hear this every time, too :lol: Although it makes no sense, as Jason seems far from a bitter pill :)

I also heard "big ships are falling down" instead of "Christian's Inferno" for a long time. :S

where to start....

"I've heard it all before, satan is at my door" - when I come around

"City of the damned, why shouldn't we dirty faces hooting" - JOS

"She's a rebel, vigilante, missing link on the brick of detergent" - She's a rebel

"Would you wanna shit in the urinal And see which one gets filled first" - Geek stink breath

"dumb fuck, calling me stupid" - waiting

"tea breaks and distilled spirits" and "There's a drought at the fountain of youth, numpty I drained it" - Hitchin a ride

"do it one more time, it's aching side to side"" and "Is it understood, it's what I deserve" - Blood sex and booze

"Cause it's waxing lyrical and Bleeding from my throat" - stuck with me

"Stand outside, broken all the time" - walking contradiction

"I've lived inside this pencil case, Throw my emotions in the grave" - burnout

oh dear

• Like 1

where to start....

"I've heard it all before, satan is at my door" - when I come around

"City of the damned, why shouldn't we dirty faces hooting" - JOS

"She's a rebel, vigilante, missing link on the brick of detergent" - She's a rebel

"Would you wanna shit in the urinal And see which one gets filled first" - Geek stink breath

"dumb fuck, calling me stupid" - waiting

"tea breaks and distilled spirits" and "There's a drought at the fountain of youth, numpty I drained it" - Hitchin a ride

"do it one more time, it's aching side to side"" and "Is it understood, it's what I deserve" - Blood sex and booze

"Cause it's waxing lyrical and Bleeding from my throat" - stuck with me

"Stand outside, broken all the time" - walking contradiction

"I've lived inside this pencil case, Throw my emotions in the grave" - burnout

oh dear

:lol: best ones yet, especially shit in the urinal and living inside a pencil case

This isn't exactly a misheard lyric because I've known what the words were since it came out pretty much but...

in BOBD, if you listen to Billie say "I walk alone".. It sounds identical to "I wore Cologne"

Suuuper silly thing but once you hear it once it can mess with you when you listen to it :P

"... I'm the only one and I wore cologne, I wore cologne!"

Edited by addicted_to
  • Like 1

In Stay the Night:

misheard lyric : "I've got an impulse so impulsive that it burns"

real lyric: "I've got an impulse so repulsive that it burns"

I dunno, I think I like the misheard lyric better for some reason...

First time listening to Rusty James I thought he was saying, "Your hope can't radiate if it doesn't even pound" and I was like... wha...? That doesn't make sense....

I know for castaway when he says "Castaway going at it alone" I always thought it was "Guys who hate, going at it alone" haha

for Blood sex and booze when he says "oh mistress I confess" I thought it was "oh mistress psychic fest"

for american idiot when he says "Welcome to a new kind of tension" i thought it was "welcome to a new condescension"

and many more haha

Edited by inthehallwaynow

I know for castaway when he says "Castaway going at it alone" I always thought it was "Guys who hate, going at it alone" haha

for Blood sex and booze when he says "oh mistress I confess" I thought it was "oh mistress psychic fest"

for american idiot when he says "Welcome to a new kind of tension" i thought it was "welcome to a new condescension"

and many more haha

Yeah he doesn't have the clearest enunciation xD.

• Like 1

In East Jesus Nowhere, the real lyrics are:

Don't test me.

Second-guess me.

Protest me.

You will disappear.

before I knew the lyrics, I thought it was:

Don't test me.

Second-guess me.

Protest me.

You will kiss me.

:pinch:

In Rusty James before I saw the lyric book I kept hearing "like rapsicles in the rain" (and I'm thinking WTF is a rapsicle? :lol: ). The actual words are "Like brass knuckles left in the rain" and I can hear them just fine now I know what they are but before!