Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

Ok. Is that what he says in when I come around live in stockholm? I was never sure what he said there. Thats the version on the stuck with me single.

I the stuck with me single version, it sounds like "I dont have an account, no money down. " i'll have to listen to it again

Okay. He says How now brown cow, but what does he say after that?

Just listened to it. I can't hear what he says, sounds like "No ????? ????? town" or something. I noticed earlier in the song he sings "Sa da da da da da da da" and "So I'm a ????? whore, this audience ?????" too, can't make that out either :lol:

In strangeland, I remember trying to figure out the lyrics, just to find out he's not saying shit, just rambeling random shit because he never finished the song. It still cracks my to 20 favorite Green Day songs, though :lol:

In the five seconds between listening to Oh Love on Soundcloud and watching the lyric video, I definitely though "Oh losers and choosers" was "Oh losers and Jesus"...

same here! :P

and I thought "like the dog years of the day" was "like the dark years of the day".

I....I thought this too....

I've only heard it once and it was just like :mellow: "is this some kind of subliminal message to work-out?"

Just listened to it. I can't hear what he says, sounds like "No ????? ????? town" or something. I noticed earlier in the song he sings "Sa da da da da da da da" and "So I'm a ????? whore, this audience ?????" too, can't make that out either :lol:

Sounds like " so im a fuckin whore, this audience is bored"

In strangeland, I remember trying to figure out the lyrics, just to find out he's not saying shit, just rambeling random shit because he never finished the song. It still cracks my to 20 favorite Green Day songs, though :lol:

Even the kerplunk tab book has wrong lyrics. I'll post what I have.

Heres what the tab book says:

Looking out through clouds in the sky

Floating image in my mind

Land of beauty, land of grace

Now I wonder where these places are from

The average person is everywhere

I got a job and now I'm scared

Strange things all around

Come back and work,

Junior's waste of time

I'll feel what it's like to be wanted

And wonder why

Unlock doors will be open,

No more crys

Thats all it has, they dont make sense, but some of them sound like they fit. So good luck piecing those together.

Sounds like " so im a fuckin whore, this audience is bored"

Ahh yes I think you're right, thanks!

When i've heard the nobody likes you part of homecoming the first time, i've heard 'nobody likes you, everyone loves you, they're all out with out you' and i was like 'wtf?! is this sarcasm?' :P

When i've heard the nobody likes you part of homecoming the first time, i've heard 'nobody likes you, everyone loves you, they're all out with out you' and i was like 'wtf?! is this sarcasm?' :P

sup?

The time I started making out the history of AM, was when I heard the "don't wanna be an american idiot" incorporated into the rock and roll girlfriend. I didn't hear it before I saw them perform it live on youtube.

After that, a lot of strange shit made sense.

Ok. Is that what he says in when I come around live in stockholm? I was never sure what he said there. Thats the version on the stuck with me single.

I the stuck with me single version, it sounds like "I dont have an account, no money down. " i'll have to listen to it again

Okay. He says How now brown cow, but what does he say after that?

actually i asked this theses days in another thread.. he says "No More Bad Town".. and was told me it is a song from operation ivy if i'm not mistaken

here's the song from Operation Ivy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6EVwQJN3oA

the riff looks like Homecoming..hehe

Edited by Maicon Cassio
  • Like 2

</body>

the closest i got from Strangeland lyrics

Looking at the clouds in the sky

Land of beauty and land of peace

Now I wonder where this place is from

The evidence is everywhere

Strange beings all around

Come everyone to this place I've found

I feel what is like to be wanted I wonder why

All the doors could be opened

No more cries/crimes

My eyes are clear and now I'm cured

Don't you wanna be for sure?

I know my rights I'm allowed to die

So I'd rather swap your different guise

It's in my head if you will find

Mother love from all mankind

You look above and then you shout (???? this line is probably incorrect)

No other way to say your head is right

actually i asked this theses days in another thread.. he says "No More Bad Town".. and was told me it is a song from operation ivy if i'm not mistaken

here's the song from Operation Ivy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6EVwQJN3oA

the riff looks like Homecoming..hehe

Bad Town is my favorite OPIV song. So boss.

Oh, fuck! He does say no more bad town! Now I can finally sing this fucking song! Awesome! Thank you so much!

This is all I can get. Yours sound pretty good.

Looking at the clouds in the sky

Land of beauty and land of grace

Now I wonder where this place is from

The evidence is everywhere

Strange beings all around

Come everyone to this place I've found

I feel what is like to be wanted I wonder why

Unlocked doors can be open

No more cries/crimes

My eyes are clear and now I'm cured

Don't you wanna be for sure?

I know my rights I'm allowed to die

So I'd rather swap your girls for guys (GAY)

Shake my hand and you will find

????????????

???????

?????

• Like 1

When I first listened to Oh Love, the lyrics video wasn't up yet (yeah, I'd been mashing F5 on GDA until it was posted) so I was just listening on Soundcloud. Anyway, I thought the line was "Oh losers... And Jesus" instead of "And choosers".

Oh Love: tonight I'm wearing my hard on loose. and. Tonight my hard on is on the loose.

haha didn't Billie say that the song's about shooting from the crotch area? :lol: it would definately fit xD

Bite my lip and it feels nice,

take me away to paradise!

Duh.

Blast off! It's party time! And we don't have political tension!

Wait.That's not Green Day.

Also this time when I didn't know what an erection was and I was THIS close to ask my english teacher.

Too much for thinking that All By Myself was my fav song.

I was once listening to FOD and I wasn't concentrating too much on the song. I heard: "somethings in my mouth. It's been for quite some time"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone make out the lyrics to suffocate.

3 AM, I'm drunk again,

My head is standing underneath my puke

That makes no sense. I always thought it was "My head is spinning [something someting something]"

Can't figure it out what it is though.

That's so hilarious! :lol:

I think Tr&eacute; didn't sing that line because the record label wouldn't let him or something. That's what I heard, and it makes sense.

I thought he was saying "Like a pig left in the rain".

It's not a pig?! I've been living in a lie:'(

Can someone make out the lyrics to suffocate.

That makes no sense. I always thought it was "My head is spinning [something someting something]"

Can't figure it out what it is though.

'Spinning underneath my puke' isn't it?

It's not strange you can find alot on this thread, like with almost very green day song, the first time I heard them I didn't get a shit what billie said, it was NOT because of bad english it was because of billie not singing in english, he sings in billish.

'Spinning underneath my puke' isn't it?

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/greenday/suffocate.html

Nope.

^That's just what the random person who posted it on that site thinks it is. The band's never put out official lyrics for it so any lyrics you find are just someone's guess.

Ahh, the old spinning/standing, puke/feet debate. Personally, I think it's "my head is spinning underneath my feet". However, listening now, the word "head" sounds very odd and I think even that could be something else. I don't think it's possible to solve this mystery.

The first time I listen to Brain Stew I thought that Billie said " I'm caught in shit but running out" instead of "I'm counting sheep but running out" . Then I listened it more carefully and I realize that he said something different. LOL I don't know what the hell I was thinking.

• Like 1

I remember when I was listening to 409 In Your Coffeemaker one time, and even though I already knew the lyrics, the line "And why I could not seem to get along" sounded like "And why I killed Nazis to get along". I now remember this and find it amusing every time I hear the song! xD

"3 am I'm drunk again my head is spinning round underneath my feet" is what i always thought were the lyrics to Suffocate. But can't be 100% sure.

One that comes to mind is Oh Love. The first time I heard the live version I thought he said "this amazing night" instead of "waste away tonight". I was really dissapointed when I heard the actual song....but now I love it. (ps, I like the video now too.)

Anyone figured out that last verse in Let Yourself Go yet? that screaming part at the end. "you're the very thingslfkasdl;jflsadjflsdjfl;sfljsdlfj" ???