Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

For agesbin Waiting I thought the words were "calling me stupid" instead of "colour me stupid"

For agesbin Waiting I thought the words were "calling me stupid" instead of "colour me stupid"

I thought that too.

in Holiday i thought "here the sound of the falling rain" was "here the sound of the Polaroid" which made me think they were taking polaroid pictures when they were recording the album/song

Thanks to the person who thought the lyrics in Know Your Enemy were 'Gotta know your enemy raw ham' now thats what I always hear. :lol: Its quite humerous also, always makes me laugh. Haha.

I have no idea why but instead of "when masturbation's lost its fun you're fucking breaking" my mum was convinced it was "when masturbation's lost it's fun you're a fucking pervert"

The lyrics are "when masturbation's lost its fun you're fucking lonely "

Tell that to GDA and my ISH booklet.

Wasn't there even a thread debating that line? :P

The lyrics are "when masturbation's lost its fun you're fucking lonely " <ahttp://www.greendaycommunity.org/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png' alt=':P'> http://en.wikipedia....and_composition

aren't they "when masturbation lost its fun you're a fucking lazy" ??

aren't they "when masturbation lost its fun you're a fucking lazy" ??

nope. It's lonely.

Tell that to GDA and my ISH booklet.

The booklets have it wrong.

Instead of "So I go to Christie Road", in Christie Road,I thought it was "So why don't you Christie Road?" :lol:

I thought that in last chorus in Hitchin A Ride was "Road to nowhere" instead of "Don't know where..." :lol: In addition, I completelly didn't hear "...I'm going" words.

• Like 1

The booklets have it wrong.

Yeah I know, that's why I said that. :P I wasn't sure what the exact lyric was though.

In Basket Case, where it says "about nothing and everything all at once", I always hear "about nothing and everything, allowance" Like he's listing things or something...

• Like 1

I haven't read through all 55 pages lol so I dont know if this has already been mentioned (at least I hope it isnt just me) but one of mine is from Extrodinary Girl, where he says 'She's all alone again, wiping the tears from her eyes', I used to sing 'wiping lettuce from her eyes'.

I have no idea how I thought that could make sense.. :blink::blush:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

In murder City, I always hear "the gunshots ring out in the murder city"

me too! I don't know what it actually says
  • Like 1

me too! I don't know what it actually says

The clock strikes midnight? I think :)

Anyone ever noticed in Restless Heart Syndrome, when Billie sings "I'm elated" it almost sounds like he sings "I'm a lady"?

Maybe this has been posted before already

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I don't know if this counts, but in Scattered I always thought "scattered" meant broken son when it says "Well, I got some scattered pictures..." I thought me mean he had broken a lot of pictures :lol:

in east jesus nowhere i had always heard "a blast of me and genocide" instead of Blasphemy

in Homecoming i heard "bearing gifts and drugs" when its really "trust" and also I heard "do you think what you need is a Crush" instead of "crutch"

I don't know if someone mentioned this one.

I used to thing the whole song, "Waiting", was really deep, and that it talked about some achievements in life you have to really wish for them to happen, until the finally happen. Well, eventually I discovered -at least, that's what I assumed- that Waiting could be a song talking about the moment just right coming -or, eyeculation my friends- lol

Not sure yet, however I love that song lol

I still cant figure out the lyrics to Welcome to Paradise, but the truth is I don't want to know. It'll take the fun out of it

• Like 1

Anyone ever noticed in Restless Heart Syndrome, when Billie sings "I'm elated" it almost sounds like he sings "I'm a lady"?

Maybe this has been posted before already

hmm i think so my sister hears it more than me :lol: