Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

I was listening to Warning recently and this came up:

I thought "Mental homes and safety self communities" was "Better homes and safety self communities"

It's nice that you can educate yourself in this thread, as I always thought it was

"Better homes and safety-sealed communities".

Also does anyone know if Billie says "without a life" or "without.... alright" or something else between the 1st chorus and 2nd verse on Warning?

It's nice that you can educate yourself in this thread, as I always thought it was

Also does anyone know if Billie says "without a life" or "without.... alright" or something else between the 1st chorus and 2nd verse on Warning?

I think it's "without....alright". Sounds like that to me, plus it says that in the lyrics on Green Day Rock Band :D

I remember that I thought that in Burnout was: "I live inside the Spencer's keys" :lol: :lol: :lol: instead of "I live inside this mental cave"

I thought it was "I live inside this pencil case" or at least "pencil cave" :lol:

• Like 1

I always hear "I might choke on my urine" when Billie sings "I like to call my home" in Welcome To Paradise.

I'm never going to stop hearing that now. laff.gif

That's exactly what I thought it was. I just found out that it wasn't!

Today when I was listening to homecoming I randomly heard "I started fuckin running as soon as my pizza browned" and "after ten cups of coffee and bacon". I guess I was hungry :P

I thought it was "I live inside this pencil case" or at least "pencil cave" :lol:

Loooooooool. :lol:

21 Guns

Actual lyrics: "Did someone break your heart inside?"

What I heard: "Did someone make you hard inside?"

:mellow:

I hear this, too!

And I hear names everywhere:

"Look this direction, I know, it's not perfection: it's JASMINE!!" (instead of it's just me in One for the Razorbacks)

"Together we and MICHAEL will fall" (instead of we'll make Hollywood fall in Mechanical Man - not exactly Green Day but, you know)

• Like 4

I was listening to East Jesus nowhere when I heard "Don't test me; Second guess me; Undress me." :mellow:

• Like 3

Because my brother's name is Julian we like to pretend it says "Julian's trying...." instead of "Juliet's trying...." in One For The Razorbacks. It really sounds like it's saying Julian.

Because my brother's name is Julian we like to pretend it says "Julian's trying...." instead of "Juliet's trying...." in One For The Razorbacks. It really sounds like it's saying Julian.

I always listen to "call me australian" in that part XD

Is it normal to hear Cher's name in Green Day's songs? For example:

In Longview:

I'm so damn bored I'm going blind an I smell like Cher

In Geek Stink Breath:

Wish in one hand, Cher in the other and see which one gets filled first

• Like 1

Is it normal to hear Cher's name in Green Day's songs? For example:

In Longview:

I'm so damn bored I'm going blind an I smell like Cher

In Geek Stink Breath:

Wish in one hand, Cher in the other and see which one gets filled first

maybe you have an unknown obsession :ninja:

• Like 1

maybe you have an unknown obsession :ninja:

Haha. Well, I do often bring up what Billie Joe said about Staind sounding like her...

But that is it.

Haha. Well, I do often bring up what Billie Joe said about Staind sounding like her...

But that is it.

Staind?

^ All I can see of that video is "the world premier will be happening at fuck" Okay, that's just what it sounds like, not what he actually says. But what the heck, it's supposed to be almost 5 minutes long.

So when I first herd boulevard of broken dreams I thought it said "Sometimes I wish someone will pillow fight me". instead of "sometimes I wish someone out there will find me". In bullet in a bible, it sounds like "pillow", but I immediately looked up the lyric and saw the real thing. I still always say pillow fight today just cause I think it's really funny!