Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

I'm going backwards here by knowing the lyrics but always hearing them completely wrong...

In Restless Heart Syndrome I swear he's going to say "I'm elated, constipated" instead of "medicated".

And in Horseshoes and Handgrenades, when he's spelling out Gloria at the end, the way he slurs the G-L-O makes it sound like he's spelling Jello.

:lol:

In Christians Inferno, I once heard "Christian's Inverno". I think inverno means winter in Italian (correct me if I'm wrong), so it's like hearing Christian's winter.

In Christians Inferno, I once heard "Christian's Inverno". I think inverno means winter in Italian (correct me if I'm wrong), so it's like hearing Christian's winter.

In Spanish, invierno means winter. :happy:

In Redundant, no matter how many times I repeat it, I still can't hear "line" in the lyric "Like a production line going over and over" :P

If I speed up Platypus really fast, I hear "cos I ACHOO, cos I ACHOO, cos I ACHOO, cos I ACHOO" Sorta sounds like Billie has a cold

• Like 2

In King For A Day, I hear "my daddy drew me in therapy"

In Westbound Sign, I always heard "fucked up all of her favorite things."

Me too

• 5 weeks later...

in The Grouch i thought, instead of "i'm just a grouch sitting on the couch", it was "i'm just a grouch and you're all c*nts"

i don't know how i got it so wrong...

In Spanish, invierno means winter. :happy:

Yes, and in Italian winter is inverno, you're right :lol: kind of the opposite of the hell full of flames... :lol:

On Holiday I used to heard: "I beg to dream and differ from the hollowed ice"

Also, on she I heard "she, she screams in silence, a sullen riot penetrating through her mind, we kidnap this time" XD

I'm just going to scan through my CD booklets and try to find as many as I can before I say scew this xD I have never really looked up lyrics to songs unless it was something that was just outragously hard to understand half of it, so I know I still sing a lot of lyrics wrong lol. Billie slurs a lot, but I don't think that he's as hard to understand as Gerard Way haha.

I'm already finding a lot that were really wrong but fairly close to what it really says :D

1039/SOSH:

-At the Library: "my chance is looking out the door" ------------->"my chance is looking a bit grey" (still not convinced it says a bit grey lol.)

"why did you have to leave so sad" ------------>"why did you have to leave so soon"

-Don't Leave Me: never had a clue what was said during "I feel the rain storming after the thunder. I can't hold back"

-Disappearing Boy- "i vanished her in my own joy" -----------> "i vanished from all your joy"

-Green Day: I could never understand anything but a few lines :lol: one example though is "what is one and one makes you" -----------> "why does one and one make two?"

-Going to Pasalacqua: "what will last forever?" -----------> "would I last forever?"

"I've been thru nasty weather" and "i've beat the nasty weather" -----------> "I'm in for nasty weather"

-16: "the length of God, not just long miles" -----------> "the lenght I've gone are just long miles"

"everytime I begin my best" -----------> "everytime i look in my past"

-Road to Acceptance: "and I'll scar my life beyond acceptance" -----------> "and I'll scuplt my life for your acceptance"

-Judge's Daughter: "I can't be called insane" -----------> "I cannot call this sane"

-I'm too lazy now lol

In Dominated Love Slave, I hear "drive miss staples deep" which is really weird because Miss Staples is a teacher at my school :mellow:

• Like 1

In holiday when it says: the represestitive of California has the floor. I thought it said a not from California has a boar! This made no sense to me and never will :/0

In When I Come Around, I used to hear "Jimmy said shit" instead of "You've been searching". o.O pretty far off

I also used to mess up Mike's part in Homecoming a lot, he does not enunciate very well :P

i sometimes understood: "And there's no return from 80 sex" instead of "And there's no return from 86"...though i know what the real lyrics are :lol:

lol I heard "There's no return, from anal sex" :mellow:

When I first heard Boulevard of Broken Dreams, the bit where it says "Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me" I thought t said "Sometimes I wish a wanna bear will find me".

Don't ask me why...

When that song first came out and it was on the radio, I heard "Sometimes I wish a mother bear will find me" took me way too long to get it right haha

• Like 1

haha that's even better then what i've heard there :lol:

my sister thought the same thing when she heard me playing it. she walked in just as they said "exit out the back" and said "wtf is that song about?!"

• Like 1

my sister thought the same thing when she heard me playing it. she walked in just as they said "exit out the back" and said "wtf is that song about?!"

haha i knew we all have dirty minds :eyebrows::lol:

haha i knew we all have dirty minds :eyebrows::lol:

comes from too many dirty pics of billie...

yeah probably

:lol: ....especially the ones in the "Revealed Thread" :eyebrows:

i've been there way too many times....

:creep: for way too long :eyebrows: .