Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

I always thought that Billie sang "Sometimes my mind play streaks on me" instead of "tricks on me".

On a side note, could someone figure this out for me...? My sister and I are arguing about BOBD lyrics where Billie sings "Don't know where it goes but its _______ me". My sister thinks its "only me" and I think its "home to me"!!!!

It's "home to me", you're correct.

It's "home to me", you're correct.

Oh...Didn't know that.

I also thought that the lyrics to Platypus were "Dick head, duck face..." I was wrong :happy:

I have a really hard time with lyrics, haha. For the most part, when I don't really understand what the lyrics are I just mumble to what syllables sound the most like what's being sung, haha and then it takes me forever to actually look up the lyrics and correct myself. Though, I can remember a lot of lyrics mistakes when I first heard Holiday, haha.

The line, "Sieg Heil to the president Gasman" I interpreted as "Say hi to the president Gasman"

The line, "Bang bang goes the broken glass and" I interpreted as "Band bang goes the broken glass man"

The line, "Trials by fire, setting fire" I interpreted as "Triumph by fire, set on fire"

The line, "just cause, because we're outlaws yeah!" I interpreted as "just cause, because we're all the same"

I don't know why I thought any of those because clearly they are all ridiculous and don't make any sense, but I was 14 at the time and lyrics didn't have to make sense, haha.

King for a Day;

I thought the chorus was;

King for a day, won't you touch my dong

King for a day, in my leather thong

oops...!

• Like 3

I used to think Christian's Inferno was sang "Christian's Infernio" :rofl: oh dear.

I thought "Just 'cause we're outlaws yeah!" was "Just 'cause we don't agree!" And for some reason I found it to be really sad, until I saw the lyrics.

Me too!

I don't even understand why I thought that, considering the song title clearly states 'INFERNO' :D

I have a really hard time with lyrics, haha. For the most part, when I don't really understand what the lyrics are I just mumble to what syllables sound the most like what's being sung, haha and then it takes me forever to actually look up the lyrics and correct myself. Though, I can remember a lot of lyrics mistakes when I first heard Holiday, haha.

The line, "Sieg Heil to the president Gasman" I interpreted as "Say hi to the president Gasman"

The line, "Bang bang goes the broken glass and" I interpreted as "Band bang goes the broken glass man"

The line, "Trials by fire, setting fire" I interpreted as "Triumph by fire, set on fire"

The line, "just cause, because we're outlaws yeah!" I interpreted as "just cause, because we're all the same"

I don't know why I thought any of those because clearly they are all ridiculous and don't make any sense, but I was 14 at the time and lyrics didn't have to make sense, haha.

me too!!!

No matter how hard I try, I've never been able to hear "methamphetamine" in the line "I'm blowing off steam with methamphetamine" from Geek Stink Breath :P

• Like 2

I remembered some misheard lyrics: :lol:

- underbelly rang, then on a bed he laid in Favorite Son instead of in a panty raid;

- to my love be known (it has got no meaning, I know) instead of to my own beat now in Minority;

- it's news that I forgot instead of for thought in Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?

- grandad (or Green Day as well :D ) in a duplex instead of grounded in Deadbeat Holiday;

- this one happened some days ago, even though I know the real lyrics: a play stick about a monument in Holiday instead of a plastic bag on a monument :P ;

The last I can remember is from Jesus of Suburbia. I was sure that it was for lack of a better WORLD instead of word; when I discovered the reality it really disappointed me.I loved that expression because I made a new interpretation of it, I thought it was a criticism towards everyone who hides his bad behaviours and his mistakes behind the excuse of the fact that the world is not good, but doesn't do anything for change it. But it wasn't so =/

Damn you GDC!

I used to hear "Know your enemy wah-hey"

now it's "Know your enemy RAW HAM" and always will be ;)

I just remember one: I always heard forgot instead of for thought in Who Wrote Holden Caulfield

and well, i don't know whether that counts, but i'm listening to One Of My Lies and then i understood It was a tragic case of my reality which is right, but i thought that i have new misheard lyrics for this thread, cos somehow i thought the real lyrics were It was so tragic cos of my reality

...yeah i understood the right lyrics but thought they were wrong :lol:

Damn you GDC!

I used to hear "Know your enemy wah-hey"

now it's "Know your enemy RAW HAM" and always will be ;)

Hahah, there was actually a big discussion on here about the Raw Ham back in 2009 :lol:

The line "I vanished from all your joy" in Disappearing Boy. I don't hear it. I always understand something else.

- underbelly rang, then on a bed he laid in Favorite Son instead of in a panty raid;

Man, I've been wrong then for 6 years. I thought it was " on a brand new raid" instead of panty raid.

instead of I hear some laughter, we laugh together in 2000 Light Years Away, i always understood I hear some latte, we laugh together ...in german the word Latte also means boner... :lol:

In Good Riddance I thought it was "Hang it on a shelf and good elf and good time"

Lolol that doesn't make sense at all. xD