Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

SAME! And now I can't un-hear it :pinch:

The kind of sad part about this is that I always thought it was a really deep and meaningful line.

in boulevard of broken dreams when Billie says "sometimes I wish someone out there will find me", i though he said "sometimes i wish a bear will find me"

• Like 2

In 21st Century Breakdown (Awesome As Fuck), I've always thought that at the end qhen it says "oh dream America dream", I keep on hearing "oh dream, oh Erica dream" and I was like "who's Erica?"

In Minority, instead of "One nation under dog, there of which I stand alone" i heard it as "One nation under --- where the bitches stand alone" and instead of "she screamed unto me" I heard it as "shishkan and kebab" lol, I thought it was something to eat! xD!

Homecoming: instead of After 10 cups of coffee -> After death comes the coffee &

Static Age: instead of All I want to do is I want to breathe -> All I want to do is a one, two, three.

:'D

In 21st Century Breakdown (Awesome As Fuck), I've always thought that at the end qhen it says "oh dream America dream", I keep on hearing "oh dream, oh Erica dream" and I was like "who's Erica?"

Erica is Gloria's long lost sister. :shifty:

• Like 3

in boulevard of broken dreams when Billie says "sometimes I wish someone out there will find me", i though he said "sometimes i wish a bear will find me"

Oh my gosh, my dad thought that it said that too. I was like, "No, it has nothing to do with a bear." :rofl:

In "Going to Pasalacqua," where it says "but I'll take whatever you can give that comes my way," I used to think that it said "but I'll take whatever American girl that comes way." I felt pretty silly once I realized what it really said.

In Homecoming: "Jimmy you're a son of something went wrong..." instead of "Dreaming of a song but something went wrong"

• Like 2

In 86, I sometimes hear "There's no return from Adie sex!" instead of 'There's no return from 86!"

• Like 3

everytime I listen to Castaway, I have to giggle, because I hear this:

CATS AWAY! - going at it alone

CATS AWAY! - now I'm on my own

. . . Lost and found, trouble bound

CATS AWAY!

Can't help myself. :lol:

• Like 1

In Tight Wad Hill, I thought "town of lunatics" was "playing with their dicks".

everytime I listen to Castaway, I have to giggle, because I hear this:

CATS AWAY! - going at it alone

CATS AWAY! - now I'm on my own

. . . Lost and found, trouble bound

CATS AWAY!

Can't help myself. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

so this doesn't apply to me, but I saw it somewhere:

do you know your enemy? do you know your enemy? well gotta know the enemy... raw ham

:lol:

• Like 1

so this doesn't apply to me, but I saw it somewhere:

do you know your enemy? do you know your enemy? well gotta know the enemy... raw ham

:lol:

Oh yes, that's a well known saying around here :D. We even had it written on the GDC banner at the top of the forum for a while.

Oh yes, that's a well known saying around here :D. We even had it written on the GDC banner at the top of the forum for a while.

oh okay that's probably where I saw it

originality of that post = -193948 :lol::ninja:

oh okay that's probably where I saw it

originality of that post = -193948 :lol::ninja:

:lol: Nah I think it's been written in other places too, and it's so great it doesn't matter how many times it gets posted. If I sing along to the song that's what I sing, it IS the lyric as far as I'm concerned.

So I finally learned tonight what Billie Joe is saying in "Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?".

What it really says: "There's a boy who fogs his world..."

What I thought it said: "There's no point in four two twelve..."

I was way off... *facepalm*

• Like 1

So I finally learned tonight what Billie Joe is saying in "Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?".

What it really says: "There's a boy who fogs his world..."

What I thought it said: "There's no point in four two twelve..."

I was way off... *facepalm*

Wow. I always thought it was "There's a boy who farts his world." I knew it was wrong, but I never bothered looking up the lyrics.

^Well, you were closer than me! :lol:

So, wait...you mean it's not raw ham? :rofl:

Oh of course. The song is actually about the dangers of eating raw ham :D

I see. So the enemy in question is uncooked meat. Excellent. :P

Also, in Before the Lobotomy, where it says "Life before the lobotomy...," I used to think that it said "Right before the lobotomy..." At least I was kind of close on that one.

Edit:// ^That was awesome. Suddenly 21st CB has a whole new meaning.

Edited by Cori
  • Like 1

Political and social confustion is for chumps. Raw meat confusion is where it's at, because obviously the "blasphemy and genocide" that they were talking about in East Jesus Nowhere has nothing to with religion. It's clearly talking about the mass slaughter of pigs to help fuel Billie's raw ham fettish.

This is, by the way, my 100th post, and my acsension to Brat. :D

• Like 1

Political and social confustion is for chumps. Raw meat confusion is where it's at, because obviously the "blasphemy and genocide" that they were talking about in East Jesus Nowhere has nothing to with religion. It's clearly talking about the mass slaughter of pigs to help fuel Billie's raw ham fettish.

:lol: Yes! Murder City can also be about the mass slaughter, only Billie is back to feeling no love for the raw meat, that's why he feels "usless".

I feel like reinventing the who plot to 21stCBD by song now. :lol:

• Like 2