Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

So, in Armatage Shanks, instead of: "My own closest enemy" I thought Billie sang, "My own pussy is better than me."

No joke. :ermm:

I thought it was "My own pussy is into me"

There is loads of green day lyrics which I have misheard for example on macys day parade I used to always sign "then i realized what it took to tell the difference between things and goods" instead of "then I realized what it took to tell the difference between thieves and crooks" and on the same song I used to think it was a brand new home instead of hope

I thought it was home too. And for the longest time I thought he sang "and bleed the company lost the war again" rather than today. Not sure how you can make those two words sound alike, I gues Billie is just that talented :)

Edited by LChamp
  • Like 1

In Scattered i thought it when "And all the songs that Billie raged" when its really something like "and all the songs that could have raised" i dony know the exact lyrics, but i always thought it was that way until well...i read the lyrics :P

• Like 1

In Scattered i thought it when "And all the songs that Billie raged" when its really something like "and all the songs that could have raised" i dony know the exact lyrics, but i always thought it was that way until well...i read the lyrics :P

The correct lyrics are: "All the songs have been erased." :lol:

Isn't it "The town bishop's an extortionist, and he don't even know that you exist"?

I've misread a lot of lyrics but for some reason I can't think of any right now.

edit: Thought of one! Jaded. I thought it was "Somebody keep my pants I think there falling off." instead of "Somebody keep my balance I think I'm falling off."

This is pretty current :D

• Like 2

In Nice Guys Finish Last i used to sing "Nice guys finish last, when you run out of gas" instead of "when you are the outcast"... well this made some sense though :D

OMG are you telling me it's not OUT OF GAS? :mellow: that would be such a cute lyrics,though

OMG are you telling me it's not OUT OF GAS? :mellow: that would be such a cute lyrics,though

It's "When you are the outcast" in the chorus. But it is "You're running out of gas" in the first verse.

It's "When you are the outcast" in the chorus. But it is "You're running out of gas" in the first verse.

aw thanks,now everything comes back :)

For the record, this is my favorite thread in any forum, anywhere. Over a year's worth of laughter.

Raw Ham.

• Like 2

When I first heard Jesus of Suburbia I thought the first lyrics were "im the summer that you love, the Jesus Of Suburbia" it never made sense to me lol and in Jinx I always thought it was "Tell Jimmy I've been a bad boy" lol and I in Burnout I thought it was "I'll live in this pencil case" I was like O.o that doesn't make sense haha oh and in American Idiot I thought it went "We are not the ones with mental problems" instead of "we are not the ones who ment to follow" lol I suck at hearing the right lyrics :P

Edited by St-Jimmy914

In Westbound Sign:

It says: Will she find her name in the California cement?

For me it said: Will she find her man in the California cement?

Well, at least it makes sense, we know she did! :P:lol:

In The Grouch....

What I heard: I hate Elmer Fud and a ate everything

What Billie Sung: I don't have fun and I hate everything

• Like 2

the first time i heard minority i thought he said "like a shit runs from the herd" not "like a sheep" and i was really confused

in BOBD i always thought it was 'but its only me" not "but its home to me"

in westbound sign i thought the first line was "Fucked up" not "boxed up"

Edited by charlatans&saints

Can somebody please tell me what word completes the lyrics to Holiday? I've been wondering for a while:

And ______ the company lost the war today

Can somebody please tell me what word completes the lyrics to Holiday? I've been wondering for a while:

And ______ the company lost the war today

"and bleed, the company lost the war today"

• Like 1

I thought it was "Watching the clouds go rolling by" and it turned out to be "watching the cars go rolling by". I know it didn't make any sense, right? but wth, don't know why I thought that <.<

In 'Give me Novacaine' I thought the line 'give me a long kiss goodnight' was 'give Emilio a kiss goodnight'. I couldn't figure out who the hell Emilio was and finally researched and felt like a total idiot...LoL

In Tight Wad Hill, I thought "town of lunatics" was playing with their dicks.

I didn't know lunatics played with their dicks

In Worry Rock, I always imagined that Billie sang about an erection (where do we go from here, and what do we do with the erections? Promise me no dead end streets, and I'll guarantee you'll have a blow or something..)

That's when I wanted to learn English. Big moment in my life in fact.