Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

"Living on command. You're shaking lots of hands" i thought it was "YOU ARE SHAKING LOTS OF PANTS"

• Like 1

Double blow!

It's actually "All across the alienation".

:D

Actually, I got a poster from Green Day's site that has the lyrics to American Idiot a few years ago, and it says "alien nation". So.. What is is? :lol:

Doesn't it say "alienation" when they're holding the lyric cards in the video? I'm pretty sure it does. But I think it's also meant to be ambiguous.

In Burnout, I used to sing "I live inside this pencil case" instead of "I live inside mental cave" :shifty:

And oh god, Haushinka. I've spent so many times trying to figure out when Billie sings this name during the song. So I heard "Haushinka, Haushinka" instead of "Does she know, does she know?" and "all I have now is a memory to date, Haushinka and cigarettes and a peculiar name"...only after a looong time I realized he says her name only at the beginning :pinch:

In Burnout, I used to sing "I live inside this pencil case" instead of "I live inside mental cave" :shifty:

Me too :)

in holiday i understand hear the jump coming out of time instead of hear the drum pounding out of time .... but i´m german and for a person who is no english native speaker its very difficult to understand the lyrics because bj sings a little bit unclear.... (i hope this is the right word, but you know what i mean)

oh and in haushinka i understand high school has gone far away instead of this girl has flown far away

Doesn't it say "alienation" when they're holding the lyric cards in the video? I'm pretty sure it does. But I think it's also meant to be ambiguous.

Well I based my opinion on my own AI booklet. Thought the lyrics over there were correct :D.

(Well in GD:RB some AI lyrics were different to those in the booklet so it's interesting)

In Stuart and the Avenue today I thought it was "please void if this does make some sense" instead of "before it might've made some sense"....

xD SAME!

'Control the chaos behind closed doors' instead of 'control the chaos behind a gun'.

I also realized that I don't understand the chorus of Nice Guys. 'Pressure cooker pick my brain and tell me I'm insane'. It just doesn't make sense to me.

'Control the chaos behind closed doors' instead of 'control the chaos behind a gun'.

I also realized that I don't understand the chorus of Nice Guys. 'Pressure cooker pick my brain and tell me I'm insane'. It just doesn't make sense to me.

"Pressure Cooker" is slang for therapist. Get it now?

• Like 2

Ermm...gotta be the classic: "Pay attention to the cracked streets and the broken gnomes" >.>

Since reading this I hear this EVERY single time. :lol:

I was playing Christians Inferno for my friend the other day, and I asked her what she thought Billie was saying right before the first chorus. She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "It's obviously 'this bitter pill is Jason White'." Mission accomplished. :cool:

Hahaha, I hear Jason White too! Also, I used to hear, "Big shit is falling down" instead of "Christian's Inferno".

Every time I hear "nobody cares" in Homecoming, I hear "there's no body hair". I can't help it. I'm sure I used to hear "you taught me how to sniff" instead of "you taught me how to live" too.

Hahaha, I hear Jason White too! Also, I used to hear, "Big shit is falling down" instead of "Christian's Inferno".

That and the Jason White one are legendary. I wish I could hear that too :lol:

I always heard "and it's non denominational" from EJN as and the soldier of the nationals and thought that Billie said national weirdly. What if we get all the lyrics from one song that were misheard and sing them all in a row. Just a thought, like any song would have all misheard lyrics though. Also in Welcome To Paradise, I find it fun to sing "pay attention to the cracked streets and Mike's broken nose".

In Westbound sign, when it says “she's burning daylight and petrol” I always heard “she’s burning in my bedroom” :lol::lol:

• Like 1

In basket case I always knew the lyrics, but the meaning of some were oblivious to me: "I'm just stoned" I thought it meant that he was beat down or pelted with rocks. (this was 7 years before I started smoking pot and learned what the term meant) Now it makes more sense linking the question of being paranoid.

When listening to the song '16' this one line:

The clouds now fall and here comes the rain

I always thought that they were singing something like:

La la la bullet here comes the brain

I only realized now that I've been hearing it wrong... Oops :pinch:

II don't know what the hell I thought it was, but it took YEARS before I actually looked up the lyrics to Geek Stink Breath and realized they were singing about meth.

And then, even after I knew it was 'with methamphetymine', I definitely thought the "I'm blowing off steam" was "I'm falling asleep" or "Call as I see it" ... with meth :rolleyes:

In Burnout I always thought he said "I live inside my pencil case" instead of "I live inside my mental cave" :P

In Nice Guys Finish Last i used to sing "Nice guys finish last, when you run out of gas" instead of "when you are the outcast"... well this made some sense though :D

In Misery i thought he said "The genius was a lot lizard" instead of "Virginia was a lot lizard" loool

So, in Armatage Shanks, instead of: "My own closest enemy" I thought Billie sang, "My own pussy is better than me."

No joke. :ermm:

• Like 2