Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

On Hitchin' a Ride:

"Do you break fertistilled spirts, do you need a break as well? Oh well that inebriates the kill"

Is fertistilled even a word

Distilled spirits sounded like "spare ribs". I was pretty surprised when I found out that he never says that....

Okay this isn't so much of a misheard lyric that i had (well it might be) but i can't tell what the actual lyrics for F.O.D are i've seen different versions when i looked up the lyrics.

The part of the song goes

I'm taking pleasure in..... What?

I've seen

I'm taking pleasure In the Masochistic Youth

I'm taking pleasure in announcing this to you

and

I'm taking pleasure in the doubts i pass to you

I always thought it was in announcing this to you :unsure: but now i'm not too sure :lol:

Until I got the American Idiot CD and read the booklet I was totally convinced that "a flunkie along for the ride" was "we're fucking all the wrong for the right"

Until I got the American Idiot CD and read the booklet I was totally convinced that "a flunkie along for the ride" was "we're fucking all the wrong for the right"

SAME! And now I can't un-hear it :pinch:

Okay this isn't so much of a misheard lyric that i had (well it might be) but i can't tell what the actual lyrics for F.O.D are i've seen different versions when i looked up the lyrics.

The part of the song goes

I'm taking pleasure in..... What?

I've seen

I'm taking pleasure In the Masochistic Youth

I'm taking pleasure in announcing this to you

and

I'm taking pleasure in the doubts i pass to you

I always thought it was in announcing this to you :unsure: but now i'm not too sure :lol:

In my Dookie guitar tab anthology, it says the lyrics are announcing this to you and thats what makes the most sense to me

• 2 weeks later...

I hate it when I want to post in a thread where I was the last one to post

Sometimes if I'm not paying much attention while listening to In The End where it says "how long will he last before" I hear "my mom really loves people"

I thought "taste for suicidal" in St. Jimmy was something like "takes to recycle". I thought it made sense, since we all know what an eco-friendly band Green Day is.

Two I remember:

The first time I heard 'Brain Stew' (on Bullet in a Bible at a friend's house) we were all singing along and I thought it was 'in my room, here were go' :whistle

And in 'Holiday' I thought it was 'hall of lies' rather than 'hollow lies' when it first came out.

Now people reckon I'm good at hearing the Green Day lyrics correctly and interpreting the 'slur'.

Btw, hilarious thread

In 'American Eulogy' I instead of "Forgotton Hope and the Class of 13" i thought it was "Orgasm hole and the Class of 13" xD I'm glad I was wrong on that one!

• 2 weeks later...

When I got Warning I always thought in Church on Sunday it was "but trying to keep and lack of sleep" and someday I read the booklet and found out it actually was "bloodshot deadbeat" O_o

Edited by whowroteholdencaulfield?

• 2 weeks later...

In Hitchin' A Ride: "There's a drought at the fountain of youth, now i'm G.I. Jaded...."

When I first got the booklet for AI I read the lyrics to Letterbomb and I thought it said "Standing shit when it's do or die" and I always sang that line and then I listened to it and found out shit was actually still. That was a little embarrassing.

And I have also always thought it was "it's pretty bloody sad" instead of "It's pretty but it's sad" in Favorite Son.

I looked up the lyrics to Favorite Son and it actually said "it's pretty bloody sad", but I know the AI Cast says "pretty but it's sad". I haven't heard the GD version so I dunno they might have actually said that.

This doesn't make the least bit of sense, but I always thought that "I sure as hell can't do it by myself" was "I'm sure Giselle can't do it by myself." O_o

I thought that in "Know Your Enemy", the line "Overthrow the effigy" was "overthrow the infantry".

well in boulavard of broken dreams (sorry idk how to spell that) i always thought it was someday a bear will find me. but its someone out there will find me.

Oh yeah and IDK if this counts (it might) but in Supermodel Robots when they say "load me up and light a match all systems down and out" I thought it was "Romeo Bin Laden's vag (as in vagina) all systems down and out"...that was gross and wrong :)

In 21CB (the song), I always thought "My name is no one I'm the long lost son" was "My name is Noah I'm the long lost son." I just assumed Noah was another character in the Christian/Gloria storyline, and thought I was obviously right in thinking that because it's an appropriately biblical name for the whole attack on religion. And I maintain that if they want to make this into another play, they could change it to Noah and go from there :woot:

I still hear Noah when I listen to it, especially live when BJ kinda slurs his words :wacko:

Edited by Mercury
  • Like 1

I thought that during the bridge of 21 Guns, the line "Like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone" was "forgiveness from the storm". Lol not too original, but it's what I thought it was :lol:

ohh God where do I start? haha

In Before the Lobotomy (Musical version) I always thought the guy said "Darling, everybody's dying"

I still can't understand what he says at the end of the Chump chorus the lyric websites say " Or maybe I'm just dumb" ...but I don't see how they get that.

In Letterbomb it says "The flunkie only along for the ride" and when I was little I always thought he was saying something about "Fuck he" or something lol

Also in Letterbomb I thought he said "Once was love but now is dead" instead of "What's in love is now in debt"

And of course I remember when we first got American Idiot I was pretty young and had all the lyrics to Jesus of Suburbia and American Idiot wrong in my head lol

There's a lot more, but I can't think of them right now and don't want to fill up the forum lol. I think a lot of it comes from that album cause my parents listened to it a lot when I was growing up and as I got older I gradually realised that there was a story and that some of the things in the song were drugs or things like that, that I wasn't aware of at the time when I first tried to learn the lyrics to the album. All of my lyrics were like a dumbed-down kid version that made completely no sense.

And some of the lyrics I'm still learning every day :blush:

I still can't understand what he says at the end of the Chump chorus the lyric websites say " Or maybe I'm just dumb" ...but I don't see how they get that.

It does say that, that's what it says in the album booklet :) . Sounds like that to me too.

Raised in the city with a hail of lies

go tell your boyfriend that we've been victimized.

:lol:

My friend thought Boulevard of Broken Dreams was I wore cologne rather than I walk alone :lol: