Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

I used to think in American Idiot it said 'its enough to fuck you" and i was in 4th grade lol

I used to sing: " I always waste my time on my chemical AND MUSHROOMS" instead of "I always waste my time on my chemical emotions" in Android. There's many many more but I can't remember right now :/

"I am an Asian, a worker of pride" :D

That's it! That's the one I kept forgetting. omg thank you :D

No matter how hard I listen, my ears refuse to recognize the word 'methamphetamine' in Geek Stink Breath. I just can't hear it!

Ok, this is kind of embarrassing. Found out today that in Letterbomb, it's

Where will all the martyrs go when the virus cures itself? I thought it was "Where will all the MOTHERS go when the virus cures itself?"

I always thought, that Billie was singing in At The Library "....don´t have the crotch to come up to you, my chance is looking upper grey." instead of "....don´t have the courage to come up to you, my chance is looking a bit grey."

......yeah... *cough* :blink:

EDIT: I forgot one:

In St. Jimmy I always understood "It´s angel-me and that´s my name!" instead of "It´s St. Jimmy and that´s my name!" ^^

Edited by Poprocks_and_Coke

I always thought, that Billie was singing in At The Library "....don´t have the crotch to come up to you, my chance is looking upper grey." instead of "....don´t have the courage to come up to you, my chance is looking a bit grey."

......yeah... *cough* :blink:

EDIT: I forgot one:

In St. Jimmy I always understood "It´s angel-me and that´s my name!" instead of "It´s St. Jimmy and that´s my name!" ^^

It could be worse, you could've misheard ALL the lyrics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxs_xGQ94Gg

Just wanted an excuse to post the best video ever :lol:

• Like 3

^ Haha, I love that vid.

"I just need a little time!" -"Excellent choice, sir :sherlock: !" xD

Sry for OT but I had to post this. xD

^ Haha, I love that vid.

"I just need a little time!" -"Excellent choice, sir :sherlock: !" xD

Sry for OT but I had to post this. xD

Don't worry it's not off topic! "AHHHH door!" and "SOME PEAR" are my personal favourites. I'll never get tired of that vid :lol:

^ Okay, if it is´nt OT:

I cracked up at "Dog´s IQ that I never had."

I watch it over and over again. :lol:

^ Okay, if it is´nt OT:

I cracked up at "Dog´s IQ that I never had."

I watch it over and over again. :lol:

Hahaha, I think whoever made that video is a genius. They turned misheard Green Day lyrics into an artform :D

in basket case i thought "i wish for a shrink to analyse my dreams, he says it's lack of sex bringing me down" was "i wish i could shrink to anna like my dreams, she says it's lack of sex bringing me down"

in homecoming, is it "i fell asleep watching MY tv" or "i feel asleep watching SPIKE tv"

i'm in a pretty heated debate, i always thought "MY"

Bwahaha, many Green Day songs :P I am greek so I cannot perfectly understand the lyrics when I hear them. Many years ago, I had heard Give Me Novacaine for the 1st time, and in the part where it says "Oh, novacaine" I didn't really hear it. Anyway, I looked up the lyrics, and as Green Day's lyrics are all poetic and having some sort of message or "lesson" let's say, I looked up this little part.

Big disappointment :lol:

It could be worse, you could've misheard ALL the lyrics

Just wanted an excuse to post the best video ever :lol:

:lol: That's great! I may never hear that song correctly again.

I was playing Christians Inferno for my friend the other day, and I asked her what she thought Billie was saying right before the first chorus. She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "It's obviously 'this bitter pill is Jason White'."

Mission accomplished. :cool:

• Like 1

In Tre's part during Homecoming, I always (for whatever reason, I have noooo idea) thought that he started off saying, "Cheeeese" instead of Jeeeez. :rolleyes:

When I first heard 21 guns I thought the lyric "Did someone break your heart inside" was "Did someone make you hard inside" Which sort of made sense, so I didn't question it. But then I read the lyrics.

'Cause it's just one of my lies!

Well, it's just one of my lies

And all I wanted was GABRIELLA

:huh:

She, she screams in silence

A sullen riot penetrating through HERMIONE

I've never really thought it was that. But I like to pretend :D

I though Glory days don't mean shit to me. I drank a six-pack of apathy was Glory days make me shit all day.

I drank a six-pack of apathy

I though Glory days don't mean shit to me. I drank a six-pack of apathy was Glory days make me shit all day.

I drank a six-pack of apathy

My first thought was "Paradise don't mean shit to me"

i often hear "I wanna take you through a wasteland I like to call my home" as "I wanna take you through a wasteland I like to call my own" it doesn't really matter thought, it has the same meaning

My sister and I we're driving in the car and 21CB had only been out for a little while. 21 guns was really new and when it came on, the DJ annouced the name but I guess my sister didn't hear her say it cuz she's like "what's he saying? '20 young girls'?