Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

my mum thought 'I don't want to lose my sight' was 'I don't want to lose my tights'

• Like 1

I used to think "From Anaheim to the Middle East" was "Formaldehydes of the Middle East" (weird, I know)

And I heard Letterbomb's "Like a flunkie along for the ride" as "We're fucking all the wrong for the right"

Holden Caulfield:

That happened long ago? I think I just fucked up...

wait....what is it then?!

wait....what is it then?!

It's "I think I just forgot"

But I agree it does sound a lot like fucked up.

in the last part of JOS, I uesd to hear: and I weapy eyed, instead of "and I leave behind..."

also, I'm still convinced that in some of the verses of nice guys finish last he says "when you are the outcast" not just "when you run out of gas"

in the last part of JOS, I uesd to hear: and I weapy eyed, instead of "and I leave behind..."

also, I'm still convinced that in some of the verses of nice guys finish last he says "when you are the outcast" not just "when you run out of gas"

You're right, he actually never says "when you run out of gas". In every chorus it's "when you are the outcast"

The only time gas is mentioned is in the first verse when he says "you're running out of gas".

Edit: I just went to post a link to the lyrics on GDA but GDA has it wrong :o, it says it's "when you run out of gas" on there. In the album booklet (and if you listen to the song), it's "when you are the outcast".

I think my three favourites would be:

3. "And kissed the bride internally" from Misery

2. "Sell doughnuts at my door" from When I Come Around

aaaand 1.

from the one and only Jesus of Suburbia: City of the Damned...

"I'd rather feel Adie in the bathroom stall".

• Like 3

Did anyone notice the deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad before Rock Band? I never did!

I heard it. :mellow:

Whenever I discover that I misheard a lyric, I forget about it by the time I get around to this thread.

I think my three favourites would be:

3. "And kissed the bride internally" from Misery

Isnt it that? :unsure:

Edit: Never mind :ninja:

• Like 2

It is and kissed the bride eternally

I've just checked on my Ipod that has the words to the song

I don't understand, do people just not read lyrics sleeves anymore? I feel so old :(

I don't understand, do people just not read lyrics sleeves anymore? I feel so old :(

:lol: I read them obsessively! My Green Day album booklets are worn and dog-eared from overuse. But I'm older than you so maybe we're a dying breed :(

:lol: I read them obsessively! My Green Day album booklets are worn and dog-eared from overuse. But I'm older than you so maybe we're a dying breed :(

I'm a liner notes fanatic as well! All of my album booklets are very used looking. I don't understand how anyone could resist the allure of the lyrics.

To this day, my mother still thinks the chorus to the Grouch is something along the lines of "So I don't think about you." :lol: I think she would appreciate the song more if she knew the real words, but I don't want to be the one to burst her bubble.

I could barely understand a thing on Insomniac. I remember when I was younger, my brother put Geek Stink Breath on my mp3 player and I had never heard that song before. All I remember hearing was "I'm on a mission, made my decision bah rah rah ruh ruh wuh wuhace) and I was like "what the fuck"

but to be more on topic.

Going to Pasalacqua - I thought "Would I last forever" was "would we last forever" and "what the hey" was "what heck"

Walking Contradiction - I could hardly understand anything. But "I agree with every word that you say" I thought was "I play with every word that you say"

• Like 2

I could barely understand a thing on Insomniac. I remember when I was younger, my brother put Geek Stink Breath on my mp3 player and I had never heard that song before. All I remember hearing was "I'm on a mission, made my decision bah rah rah ruh ruh wuh wuhace) and I was like "what the fuck"

Same here with Insomniac.

It really requires your undevided attention or multiple glances at the lyrics to comprehend wtf is being said :lol:

On another note I have misinterpreted the lyrics to so many of their songs.

Everytime I learn what they actually are, I think "oh that is awesome" and then instantly forget :pinch:

Edited by ash.loves.gd

All I remember hearing was "I'm on a mission, made my decision bah rah rah ruh ruh wuh wuhace) and I was like "what the fuck"

lol :lol: You get a rep point :ninja:

I love reading the liryc booklets because of the art work (dookie AI etc...)

My fav one is the American Idiot Cast album book :wub:

I love reading the liryc booklets because of the art work (dookie AI etc...)

My fav one is the American Idiot Cast album book :wub:

Now I feel bad that I don't have that one :lol:. My favourite would have to be Kerplunk, can't beat that Laurie L story!

I'm telling you all, listen to Homecoming: it's definitely "After 10 cups of coffee AND BACON", not "After 10 cups of coffee, I'm thinking" :lol:

Same! When I get a new CD from a band I really like I lie in bed listening to it and reading the lyrics along with it haha.

Same! When I get a new CD from a band I really like I lie in bed listening to it and reading the lyrics along with it haha.

I find that reading the lyrics is one of the best parts of buying a CD.