Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

I was just listening to Matt and Mikey's cover of Macy's Day Parade...I always heard "We're the ones that get a thought" but the line is actually "When I was a kid I thought". :lol: Makes more sense to me now.

In Jesus of Suburbia...couldn't "City of the dead" be "city of the damned"? It's the title of the act too... But I always read "city of the dead... at the end of another lost highway... etc", everywhere I search. Bah! :unsure:

In Jesus of Suburbia...couldn't "City of the dead" be "city of the damned"? It's the title of the act too... But I always read "city of the dead... at the end of another lost highway... etc", everywhere I search. Bah! :unsure:

In the booklet it has both in the lyrics... the title of the part says City of the Damned though.

It's both! It's

City of the DEAD,

At the end of another lost highway,

Signs misleading to nowhere,

City of the DAMNED,

Lost children with dirty faces today,

No one really seems to care

I never used to hear the "dead" either until I noticed in the lyrics in the booklet. Now I know about it, I can hear it.

• Like 1

I guess since it's called City Of The Damned that's what my ears were expecting to hear so that's how I heard it. And neither dead nor damned is sung particularly clearly in the song so they sound pretty similar.

The main thing I'm hearing when I'm listening to it is "Summer of '69" anyway :lol:

Thanks! In some songs it is very difficult to understand lyrics... I'm not English neither American so... Sometimes I say something strange... For example: in American Idiot, I was singing "the soap opera might fuck America" instead of "the subliminal mind fuck America" and (oh my God :lol: ) "all across the any another nations" instead of "all across the alienation" before I read the correct lyrics! Ahahah!

• Like 2

Thanks! In some songs it is very difficult to understand lyrics... I'm not English neither American so... Sometimes I say something strange... For example: in American Idiot, I was singing "the soap opera might fuck America" instead of "the subliminal mind fuck America" and (oh my God :lol: ) "all across the any another nations" instead of "all across the alienation" before I read the correct lyrics! Ahahah!

Aw, haha! Those are great! :lol:

God I wish I could remember my misheard lyrics. I had some really sad ones :lol:

it isn't a misheard lyric but me and my bro and his friend where plaing GD RB and we were letting his friend sing 21 Guns and he sang Suffocating like suffo-cat-ing, y'know he pronounced "cat". It was pretty fucking funny :lol:

When I listened to Minority, I always sang "Screaming under me!"....

And when I listened to St. Jimmy I sang "Cigarettes and women and a little bag of self (or something like that :blush: )." instead of "Cigarettes and ramon and a little bag of dope."

:D

Aw, haha! Those are great! :lol:

Thanks but I forgot the best... I was sure that in "Viva la Gloria!" he says "sent out from Mexico" instead of "send us your message of" and I thought Gloria was an immigrant! :happy:

• Like 1

I know someone has probably said this already but . . . .

I was listening to Know Your Enemy and I heard "Fuck you to eternity."

:mellow:

and now I'm hearing "Fuck me to eternity."

in static age when it says "...I want to breathe, Batteries are not included"

i thought it was "...i want to pray, Batteries are not included"

In BOBD instead of 'check my vital signs and know im still alive and i walk alone' i always used to hear 'check my vial shines and know im still alive'

which makes a bit of sense but not as much as the actual lyric

I only realised the other day that the line "now that they both are finding" in Extraordinary Girl isn't "now nothing both are flying"... yeah.

In Church on Sunday I used to sing "I'm not gonna sit on yesterday never was" instead of "I'm not gonna state that yesterday never was" :mellow:

In Church On Sunday I sang "I'm not gonna think that yesterday ever was much younger than me"

In stead of "I'm not gonna state that yesterday ever was, bloodshot deadbeat"

This isn't a misheard lyric but a not-heard lyric. When I sang Burnout on Rock Band for the first time I got to the bit just before the instrumental/drum solo part, where it goes

And I stepped in line to walk amongst the dead

De-ad

Hur!

I thought that was it and the drum solo part was next, but no! It actually goes

De-ad

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad :o

Hur!

Did anyone notice the deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad before Rock Band? I never did!

This isn't a misheard lyric but a not-heard lyric. When I sang Burnout on Rock Band for the first time I got to the bit just before the instrumental/drum solo part, where it goes

De-ad

Hur!

I thought that was it and the drum solo part was next, but no! It actually goes

De-ad

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad :o

Hur!

Did anyone notice the deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad before Rock Band? I never did!

Before Rock Band, I vaguely knew about it but never really acknowledged it. Like, if I was singing Burnout to myself when I was alone or whatever, I would just skip it.

Before Rock Band, I vaguely knew about it but never really acknowledged it. Like, if I was singing Burnout to myself when I was alone or whatever, I would just skip it.

Kudos to your ears! I was flabbergasted when I saw it there on the screen, couldn't believe I'd never noticed it.

Left me here alone

When I should have stayed home

After ten cups of coffee and.....BACON!

• Like 3

Left me here alone

I think EVERYONE made that mistake, myself included. :lol:

Left me here alone

lmfao.

I am pleased that this thread is alive after all this time. It's always good for a fucking laugh.