Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

Today when I was rocking out to Peacemaker I stopped and listened because I thought for one second that "death to the girl at the end of the seronade" was "death to the girl at the end of the lemonade" :ermm:

:lol:

Was told to post this in here... I thought the lyrics in 21 guns was 'like a liar looking for forgiveness from a star'

Apparently not :pinch::lol:

I've always been sure it's "It's pretty bloody sad" like Jesus^of^Suburbia said :huh: I think I saw it on the internet somewhere.

Yeah surely it is? Sounds very clearly like "it's pretty bloody sad" to me. I think these people's non-British ears can't hear the word bloody :lol:

Yeah, I thought it was that too :blink: I'm going to continue to sing it that way anyway :lol:

Today when I was rocking out to Peacemaker I stopped and listened because I thought for one second that "death to the girl at the end of the seronade" was "death to the girl at the end of the lemonade" :ermm:

rofl.gif_rofl__by_Smidy.gif

In 21CB when it says 'My name is no one, the long lost son'

I always sang 'My name is Sherman the long lost son'

Or 'My name is Noah, the long lost son'

Really, I went through a long list of names before I realised Billie was saying 'no one'.

Really, I went through a long list of names before I realised Billie was saying 'no one'.

I thought it was Sam :lol:

• Like 1

In Road To Acceptance where Billie says "All the things I've found, I call it blind hatred"

I sang "All the things I've found, I call it Nude By Nature"

Nude By Nature is this make-up I saw an ad for, basically it's supposed to look like you're not actually wearing make-up. I wondered how the heck Billie was singing about it because Nude By Nature hasn't been around for very long.

I thought it was John or Shawn. :P

I thought that it was "twiddle my tongue just for a bit" and "in a house with thumb locked doors" in Longview. I was like "WTF, this doesn't even make any sense!" :lol:

haha, homecoming

left me here alone and i should have stayed home after 10 cups of of coffee and bacon :lol: :lol:

Oh my god :lol: I'll never get this out of my head now.

not a misheard lyric but in Peacemaker I always heard "The orgasm" and thought I was hearing something wrong.

I just found out that I was hearing the lyrics right.

Now I'm wondering what the hell it means.

I typed out a lengthy explanation of an orgasm but then I decided not to post it.

Oh god, just imagining a poor innocent child's mind exploding after getting an overload of detailed sexual information is cracking me up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Hitchin' A Ride. Um, right at the end of the song where he sings some lyrics and there just kinda mushed together. I never knew what he was saying and then I listened to one of the podcast episodes, forget which one, and they talked about this too. Found out that he says "Say birthday boy say" or something like that :lol:

Hitchin' A Ride. Um, right at the end of the song where he sings some lyrics and there just kinda mushed together. I never knew what he was saying and then I listened to one of the podcast episodes, forget which one, and they talked about this too. Found out that he says "Say birthday boy say" or something like that :lol:

In an Idiot Club Q&A, he admitted it's just nonsense. Rock Band made those lyrics about birthdays up.

I feel like I'm about to corrupt you, but

It's a very pleasant sexual feeling. That's all I'm going to say.

:sleep:

I know what an orgasm is, I'm just wondering what it could mean in the song :whistle

I know what an orgasm is, I'm just wondering what it could mean in the song :whistle

Ohhhh. Sorry about that, then. :lol: I guess that could go in the "Green Day lyrics that don't make sense" thread, because I'm not sure either. :sherlock:

In an Idiot Club Q&A, he admitted it's just nonsense. Rock Band made those lyrics about birthdays up.

Oh okay, that makes more sense. I was so confused about that.

I didn't make this, I found it on Tumblr a while back. :lol:

tumblr_l8pe8fH49r1qadieso1_400.png

It really sounds like he's saying 'doughnut cream'.

And when I was first getting into Green Day, for a while I couldn't understand what Billie was singing at the beginning of JOS. I kept hearing "I'm the sonna raichu la" or some weird shit like that. Then I finally realized it was "I'm the son of rage and love". I felt like such a dumbass. :lol:

One of the things the song's about is revenge, and I think he's saying getting revenge is like an orgasm. All that hate for someone builds up, and then you get a huge feeling of satisfaction when you finally get revenge - just like the build up and release of an orgasm. An orgasm is one kind of spasm and revenge is a "spasm of love and hate" - in that moment you're full of hate for the person and at the same time love getting revenge on them.

• Like 4