Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

I always thought "It's pretty but it's sad" was "it's pretty fucking sad" in Favorite Son

Same.

I like "It's pretty but it's sad" a lot more, so I sing it like that anyways. :lol:

Son of Asian love! :lol: some of these are just too awesome.

Earlier me and my mum were discussing how it sounds like Billie says "raw ham" in Know Your Enemy. Personally I think it sounds like "Rohirrim" which is some people on horses from Lord of the Rings. Whenever I listen to it I get an image of Gandalf with a guitar telling the Rohirrim to know their enemy.

Oh god, now I've thought about that I'm going to start hearing "Sauron is the enemy" instead of "silence is the enemy"...

That's wonderful. :D Now I'm imagining Gandalf and Frodo and everyone singing Know Your Enemy... Thank you for this, it made me so happy.

That's wonderful. :D Now I'm imagining Gandalf and Frodo and everyone singing Know Your Enemy... Thank you for this, it made me so happy.

Haha no problem, I'm imagining an entire Green Day Lord of the Rings musical going on now :lol:

^ Oh man, that's way off lmao.

Same.

I like "It's pretty but it's sad" a lot more, so I sing it like that anyways. :lol:

Lol, what do you mean, you sing it anyway? The line IS "It's pretty but it's sad," right? That's how you SHOULD sing it. :lol:

^ Oh man, that's way off lmao.

Lol, what do you mean, you sing it anyway? The line IS "It's pretty but it's sad," right? That's how you SHOULD sing it. :lol:

Hmm.. According to Mar, whose post I quoted earlier, it's apparently "It's pretty fucking sad"

Hmm.. According to Mar, whose post I quoted earlier, it's apparently "It's pretty fucking sad"

No no, she said that she THOUGHT it was "It's pretty fucking sad." I think people need to be clearer in posting their misunderstood lyrics. :lol: People keep getting mixed up between the misunderstood and the real!

No no, she said that she THOUGHT it was "It's pretty fucking sad." I think people need to be clearer in posting their misunderstood lyrics. :lol: People keep getting mixed up between the misunderstood and the real!

It's not. It's "but it's".

Mar is wrong.

It's not. It's "but it's".

Mar is wrong.

Oh ok, sorry for the mix up, people! :P

I always thought "It's pretty but it's sad" was "it's pretty fucking sad" in Favorite Son

me too.

Until this day I still think it says that.

Ok, I never actually thought this, but every time I hear the line from Scattered "Now it seems I've forgotten my purpose in this life," for some reason I always think "Now it seems I've forgotten my porpoise in this life" and it makes me laugh.

I've always been sure it's "It's pretty bloody sad" like Jesus^of^Suburbia said :huh: I think I saw it on the internet somewhere.

Yeah surely it is? Sounds very clearly like "it's pretty bloody sad" to me. I think these people's non-British ears can't hear the word bloody :lol:

Haha, it might be that :lol: I remember listening and wondering why he used the word 'bloody', so I checked and found it was right. Just looked on a few lyric websites though, and although most of them say it's bloody a few say otherwise. It's bloody on GDA :)

The fact it says bloody in it is literally my favourite thing about the song :lol:. No one's taking it away from me!

• Like 1

I've always been sure it's "It's pretty bloody sad" like Jesus^of^Suburbia said :huh: I think I saw it on the internet somewhere.

I thoght it was "it's pretty bloody sad" too) isn't it?

Dry ice :lol:

to me it's a pain that's in my eye

instead of

Come ease the pain that's in my heart

OMG! I thought it was this too! lol. I thought it was that untill one day my ears decided to hear it right. :lol:

In Waiting, he sings "Feeling, on the tip of my tongue" and I always thought he said something about keeping a towel on. :lol:

Silly Billie, that towel should be off.

:eyebrows:

• Like 1

Yeah surely it is? Sounds very clearly like "it's pretty bloody sad" to me. I think these people's non-British ears can't hear the word bloody :lol:

My superior British ears hear that too :thumbsup:

Today when I was rocking out to Peacemaker I stopped and listened because I thought for one second that "death to the girl at the end of the seronade" was "death to the girl at the end of the lemonade" :ermm:

• Like 2