Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

I have been a Green Day fan for years

And this snuck up on me yesterday when I was playing GD:RB

Basket Case

I thought it was:

Do you have the time to listen to me whine? About nothing and everything, all I want?

GD:RB says it's

About nothing and everything all at once?

Is that really it? If so, I've been saying it wrong for years.

i knew this one! but i used to think that was what it was. i love international supervideos because of the subtitles!

[quote name=Libby :)' timestamp='1296494572' post='4307550]

My first favourite Green Day song was Boulevard of Broken Dreams, and I remember a year ago I was learning the lyrics (only took a few tries, but still :L).

I sang the lyrics 'Don't know where it goes, but it's only me and I walk alone' until my friend told me it was 'but it's home to me'

Oops :S :L

i knew this one! but i used to think that was what it was. i love international supervideos because of the subtitles!

It's really all at once

haha, homecoming

left me here alone and i should have stayed home after 10 cups of of coffee and bacon :lol: :lol:

I love this one :lol:

In When It's Time, I initially thought it was

And I feel lonely for

All the losers that will never take the time to say

What is really on their mind instead

Bitches hide away

:lol:

haha this is an epic fail :lol:

A teenage assassin executing some blood

Hysteria in the static age

And I can't remember what, but I thought Saint Jimmy's lyrics had something else besides "zip gun".

^ I like that :lol:, I saw it years ago and still think of some of those alternative lyrics every time I hear the song. The amazing At The Library one is still the best though.

I was listening to Spike while doing the washing up today and my mum walked in and said " 'I need a bath'? Yeah he looks like he does". LOL!

In American Eulogy I thought "And the deaf-mutes misleading the choir" was "And the death is misleading the choir."

In Holiday, I thought the lyrics:

Hear the dog's howling out of key

To a hymn called Faith and Misery

And bleed, the company lost the war today

Were actually:

Every dog's howling out of key

And plead, the company lost the warranty

I sang it like that for years before I actually looked up the lyrics :D

In Holiday, I thought the lyrics:

Were actually:

I've been singing 'lost the war today' for years too... XD

Woops.

me and my brother used to think "well maybe i'm the faggot america" was "well maybe i'm the fat guy-in america... :ninja:

In Holiday, the lyrics were actually:

I thought the lyrics were:

Fix'd.

Fix'd.

I was so upset for a minute there :lol:

In Hitchin' a Ride, I thought Billie was just mumbling nonsense at the end of the song, turns out it's actual words!... that I can't remember now. Something about "birthday boys"?? :pinch:

I was so upset for a minute there :lol:

In Hitchin' a Ride, I thought Billie was just mumbling nonsense at the end of the song, turns out it's actual words!... that I can't remember now. Something about "birthday boys"?? :pinch:

No, it is nonsense. Rockband just put that there, God knows why. In an Idiot Club Q&A, someone asked about it and yeah, it is just nonsense.

No, it is nonsense. Rockband just put that there, God knows why. In an Idiot Club Q&A, someone asked about it and yeah, it is just nonsense.

Awh I was excited!! =/

me and my brother used to think "well maybe i'm the faggot america" was "well maybe i'm the fat guy-in america... :ninja:

I used to sing that too, for like 4 years. I only just found out what the real lyrics are.

In When I Come Around in the line "sleazing my back yard so don't get so uptight", I used to hear something about being a grandpa with detergeant... and I had the lyrics to Minority completely messed up, but I don't remember what I thought they were.

:o that line in Holiday is "lost the warranty"? I was so convinced it was "lost the war today", I've been singing that for years!

:o that line in Holiday is "lost the warranty"? I was so convinced it was "lost the war today", I've been singing that for years!

lol, it IS 'lost the war today'.

We've all misunderstood the last 10 posts or so. :pinch:

When I was little, I used to think the first lyrics to JOS were "I'm the son of asian love, the Jesus of Suburbia".

• Like 2

When I was little, I used to think the first lyrics to JOS were "I'm the son of asian love, the Jesus of Suburbia".

:thumbsup:

You, my friend, have just made my day. :lol:

• Like 1

You just made my day too.

• Like 1

Some of these are just too awesome.

Earlier me and my mum were discussing how it sounds like Billie says "raw ham" in Know Your Enemy. Personally I think it sounds like "Rohirrim" which is some people on horses from Lord of the Rings. Whenever I listen to it I get an image of Gandalf with a guitar telling the Rohirrim to know their enemy.

Oh god, now I've thought about that I'm going to start hearing "Sauron is the enemy" instead of "silence is the enemy"...

• Like 2

This wasn't me, but in guitar yesterday I was playing 21 Guns. All of a sudden the teacher starts to sing along "21 Guns, throw your arms into the night!"