Misheard Green Day Lyrics

LaughingClock

my friend always thought that the line in FOD was "stuck down in a rut, I kissed my chicken's butt". I had to listen to it a few times and yeah, it does kind of sound like that. lol

LOL! That was brilliant!

I thought Mike was saying "After ten cups of coffee and bacon!" in Homecoming when I think now he's actually saying "After ten cups of coffee I'm thinkin"

There are a ton more, I don't think I've ever figured out all the correct words to any of their songs, I just mumble through the parts I'm not sure of and look up the lyrics later.

In Holiday when he sings: Kill all the fags that don't agree, I ALWAYS heard: Kill all the fags that don't look great!

And I thought it was kinda mean^^

In Waiting

Instead of the lyric "color me stupid" I heard "calling me stupid"

In Spike

Instead of the lyric "I need a fix" I heard "I'm in the feds" which I think would make sense as well :D.

In Waiting

Instead of the lyric "color me stupid" I heard "calling me stupid"

Me too.

I only realized last week what the real lyrics are :lol:

I could have sworn that at the end of No One Knows, Billie said something like "But I'm not Bilbo Baggins, 'cause no one knows." Right at the end when he's singing over the chorus. :S

In Dominated Love Slave when Tre says "I want you to slap me and call me naughty"

I thought it was 'I want you to smack me upon my noddy"

And that made me wonder what a noddy is.

• Like 1

I'm so glad someone bumped this thread up :lol: I've missed it! I had a giggle to myself this morning listening to Jaded, "somebody get my pants I think they're falling off" or whatever it was :lol: ahahhaa.

I never mistook this one, but someone else on this forum mentioned a long time ago they thought "Welcome to Paradise" said "Pay attention to the cracked streets and the broken gnomes". It's always made me giggle when I listen to WTP.

I always thought that too :thumbsup:

For some stupid reason I always thought that 'Shoplifter' was 'Chocolate Dirt'. I used to mis-sing all of the chorus and everything. Then I noticed the title and the line 'Chocolate Dirt, You'll never learn, When you commit the crime' finally actually made sense

:lol:

In Nice Guys Finish Last, in the chorus he says "when you are the outcast" and I thought he said "When you run out of gas" even though he does say it in the first verse lol.

omg we were listening to WMUWSE in the car and my sister randomly says, 'as my TAMBOURINE rests?!' and I'm just like LOL.

I always thought in Welcome To Paradise "pay attention to the cracked streets and broken homes" was

"pay attention to the cracked streets and broken arms".

And in When I Come Around I always thought "You've been searching for that someone" was

"Jimmy's searching for that someone".

My friend always thought that Tre said "I was taking a ewe" (instead of "I was thinkin' of you") in All By Myself. I always would tell her "what the hell would Tre be doing with a sheep? Wait a minute, I don't think I even WANT to know the answer to that question." and then we'd laugh like maniacs for about 5 minutes. Ah, to be young and stupid again. lol.

In Longview, I thought he said and I smell like Cher instead of and I smell like shit

And in 21st Century Breakdown, I thought when he said I swallowed my pride and choked on my faith he was saying I swallowed on Monday and choked on Friday

• 4 weeks later...

In Christie Road instead of "Slapped my brains up so high" i swear i thought it was "Oh my god im so high" :blink:

In Christie Road instead of "Slapped my brains up so high" i swear i thought it was "Oh my god im so high" :blink:

For that bit I always heard "Slip. My brain sails so high"

in The Grouch when he says "I drank a six pack of apathy" i always hear "I drank a six pack of vodka a day" and then im like d-d-damn thats a lot of vodka.

in Little Girl

i thought it was

" the traces of blood always fall where you hold" instead of "the traces of blodd always follow you home"

Omg I love this thread. It makes me laugh so hard. :lol:

In westbound sign, I always thought it started with "Pork Chops" :blink:

In Longview, I thought he said and I smell like Cher instead of and I smell like shit

And in 21st Century Breakdown, I thought when he said I swallowed my pride and choked on my faith he was saying I swallowed on Monday and choked on Friday

oh and for when I come around, instead of "you can't go forcing something" I thought it said "you get your boyfriend something"

The first few times I heard Whatsername, at the part where he says "She's in my head from so long ago, go, go, go" I thought it was "cow, cow, cow" instead of go until I looked at the booklet and realized how wrong I was :rolleyes:

and in Letterbomb, instead of "Standing still when it's do or die" I thought it was "Stencils with two ties" which makes absolutely no sense XD

They didn't write it....but for some reason I thought that 'I fought the law' was 'I fucked the law' :blink: and I was like Whuuuut? :lol:

The first few times I heard Whatsername, at the part where he says "She's in my head from so long ago, go, go, go" I thought it was "cow, cow, cow" instead of go until I looked at the booklet and realized how wrong I was :rolleyes:

and in Letterbomb, instead of "Standing still when it's do or die" I thought it was "Stencils with two ties" which makes absolutely no sense XD

He always makes his "do" sound like "Two" In so many songs!

Why the hell are the lyrics to American Idiot so hard?

Is it "Don't want a nation under the new mania/media"

Is it "All across the alien nation /alienation"

First I thought it was "media", then I looked it in my AI booklet and it said "mania" so I changed it, and now again in Rock Band it's "media"?

In my AI booklet (or whatever the small "book" with the lyrics inside the cd-case is called) it says "mania" and "alienation", but I've heard that in some other booklets they aren't the same and in Rock Band it's different as well.

I listened to the acapella version and I find that it's impossible to decipher if it is "mania" or "media", but at least it's alienation in the first and third choruses, but the 2nd sounds like it could also be alien nation.

Why does Green Day and Billie do these things to us :).

I think he did that on perpose. But phrasings work. It kind of makes the message of being mislead all the more clear.

sometimes i just sing the wrong lyrics by accident ever though i know the correct ones :ninja:

like in good riddance i sometimes sing: "Time grabs you by the ribs, directs you where to go."

• Like 1